Can it be done

I,v just been speaking to a fella on the phone , he tells me that ( pre ban ) he took 19 hares one night running two twelve month old dogs ( singly. ) Now leaving aside the rights and wrongs of lamping hares , my question is CAN IT BE DONE ?

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ive seen a wild red that would be about as big as they come taken with two dogs on the edge of the new forest, i have also taken 15 outta 15 hares on the plains and quiet a few 10 outta 10 with the s

i heard his dad can stop a hare in full flight,with a well aimed brogue

i was there i saw both the pups in question take 19 hares between them,they missed maybe 6 each,but if you dont think it can be done,i am sure the owner of the pups would show you,or maybe yous could

Posted Images

I,v just been speaking to a fella on the phone , he tells me that ( pre ban ) he took 19 hares one night running two twelve month old dogs ( singly. ) Now leaving aside the rights and wrongs of lamping hares , my question is CAN IT BE DONE ?

depends on time of year, land, length of grass and loads of other stuff, how windy a night it was etc etc. On land where stuff has never seen lamps, with enough wind half of them could have been squatters so yes I think it could be done.

Whether it actually happened or not is another thing.

i cant see why not. the weather, terrain, and size of fields would play a large part in it. ive had 7 inside a hour with a dog decided not to carry on as they were bloody awkward to carry. he was older than 12 months though.

Edited by trigger2
  • Like 1

depends on time of year, land, length of grass and loads of other stuff, how windy a night it was etc etc. On land where stuff has never seen lamps, with enough wind half of them could have been squatters so yes I think it could be done.

He tells me they were ALL hard gruelling runs !!!!

He tells me they were ALL hard gruelling runs !!!!

I dont think its impossible but it depends how he is defining grueling as well. People always big up what they do so you can probably apply a 50% bullshit factor based on the context of what the guy was telling you at the time. eg if he is trying to tell you his dogs are awesome he will tell you they were long runs.

Some of the runs were probably longer then others and am sure some would have also been pulled straight out of their seat, if it happened in the first place.

I rarely owned dogs capable of 19 a season :laugh: As lapin said, it depends on the time of year, the land, conditions etc etc. I wouldn't like to say, although i would say you clearly think hes full of shit or you wouldn't be asking strangers on the internet :laugh:

I do not think it can be done,to take 19 hares lamping with two 12 month dogs,i do not think they would get in the van.