Can it be done

well i av bin in the game non stop for 30 year,, i av done 7 out 7 ,,and 6out 6, lampin, yes i cud of done more, but to have that with 2 dogs on the nite it wud be a bit of a special nite, yer it can be done, but i will say the feild was on the small size and grass,, wet winter wheat on big feilds in winter he wud not of done that number,, but this chap my av better dogs ,,,who knows...jim

Spot on that answer. totally down to the land, I have a spot which has a daft amount of hares on it, but the fields are huge arable (minimum 50acre) ones with the minimum shot distance of at least 80 plus yards. Although the numbers are there and some, there is no dog or couple of dogs that could have done that.

Other bits of land, longish wet grass, small fields and retrieving some hares is almost comparable to retrieved rabbit. The land I am talking about though just doesnt hold the same numbers for me to shoot. So it could never be done by myself with the land I have

this was done on big land :yes: :yes: :yes:

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ive seen a wild red that would be about as big as they come taken with two dogs on the edge of the new forest, i have also taken 15 outta 15 hares on the plains and quiet a few 10 outta 10 with the s

i heard his dad can stop a hare in full flight,with a well aimed brogue

i was there i saw both the pups in question take 19 hares between them,they missed maybe 6 each,but if you dont think it can be done,i am sure the owner of the pups would show you,or maybe yous could

Posted Images

preban ive had 7 hare and 15 bunnies plus roe buck in ome might with one dog so id say it is possible give right dog conditions ect the dog i was useing when i took this haul was a 23 inch lurcher lurcher cross looked nowt special the photo of this dog was in the then shooting news with his catch minus the roe as it wass given to keeper

Slight problem there mate,running deer at night was never legal :huh:

19 with pups,gruellers.......fukin wind up.

well i av bin in the game non stop for 30 year,, i av done 7 out 7 ,,and 6out 6, lampin, yes i cud of done more, but to have that with 2 dogs on the nite it wud be a bit of a special nite, yer it can be done, but i will say the feild was on the small size and grass,, wet winter wheat on big feilds in winter he wud not of done that number,, but this chap my av better dogs ,,,who knows...jim

Spot on that answer. totally down to the land, I have a spot which has a daft amount of hares on it, but the fields are huge arable (minimum 50acre) ones with the minimum shot distance of at least 80 plus yards. Although the numbers are there and some, there is no dog or couple of dogs that could have done that.

Other bits of land, longish wet grass, small fields and retrieving some hares is almost comparable to retrieved rabbit. The land I am talking about though just doesnt hold the same numbers for me to shoot. So it could never be done by myself with the land I have

Well in that case, i think that its a load of bollocks and whoever came up with it is

a.)trying to sell some pups

b.)trying to make themselves feel special

c.)Trying to impress a youngster

any or most of the above.

And on that note... I once ran a hare... it was 5 foot long... and ran at 300 miles an hour, and my cheeta cross caught it in under 3 turns

Well in that case, i think that its a load of bollocks and whoever came up with it is

And on that note... I once ran a hare... it was 5 foot long... and ran at 300 miles an hour, and my cheeta cross caught it in under 3 turns

i know the lad he was out with and he aint no mug,it was done end of believe what you want to believe.the land aint no fen,and it aint no sheep field its decent big arable land

i know the lad he was out with and he aint no mug,it was done end of believe what you want to believe.the land aint no fen,and it aint no sheep field its decent big arable land

Doesnt matter to me either way mate, just dont believe it.

If it was done then well done those dogs, but I am not buying it

• Like 1

no ones asking you too,but if the dogs have it in the tank then it happens.theres those who take lurchers out on the lamp and theres those who WORK a lurcher to the best of its ability

no ones asking you too,but if the dogs have it in the tank then it happens.theres those who take lurchers out on the lamp and theres those who WORK a lurcher to the best of its ability

lol, OK mate

on the right night early season on dull hares it could be done but to take that many they must have been easy hares and i aint believing anything else . but why would anyone want to kill that many hares on the lamp seems a waste but hey its his dogs so who are we to say right or wrong. not for me though .

records are being brocken all the time in this game as years go on,,, i got 40 with 11 year old dog 2 nites ago,, the ground was write for him, grass feilds,,, but in mid wid winter wud he do it ,,, i dont think so,,, iff the lad can do the same on wet winter wheats then i will give him my full respect,, like i said it can be done,, give the chap the benifit the dowt,,, thats some,think i av learnt in this game,,,

it can be done mates dog took 10 last week on lamp {from the car} plus a number of rabbits most was over in a bend or to not long hard runs

I could see it being done but not by two 12 month old pups (what breed are this pups???) just don't think they would have the engine for it and the people who have this pups need too have look at themselves letting a pup take on so much so early in its hunting career .

As people have said it all depends on the land and the weather that night .How close they where getting too the hares before being slipped and how long did each run last.

Back end last year caught 6 in about hour an half,was last time l ever lamp a hare in small field again unfair on the hare don't mind in big fields but in small fields with a 2 million candle power light on them and prop the only way out is the gate your standing at they don't have a chance :thumbs:

I could see it being done but not by two 12 month old pups (what breed are this pups???) just don't think they would have the engine for it and the people who have this pups need too have look at themselves letting a pup take on so much so early in its hunting career .

As people have said it all depends on the land and the weather that night .How close they where getting too the hares before being slipped and how long did each run last.

Back end last year caught 6 in about hour an half,was last time l ever lamp a hare in small field again unfair on the hare don't mind in big fields but in small fields with a 2 million candle power light on them and prop the only way out is the gate your standing at they don't have a chance :thumbs:

your girl knows more than you do icy... :bye: HI/YA SWEET HEART LOVE YOU

look yea wee wanker if you have nothing to say about the topic stay off it every time your on its the same

look yea wee wanker if you have nothing to say about the topic stay off it every time your on its the same

i think she likesssss me i think she lovesss me...do you