• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i wouldnt worry about awards mate,it the proof of useing one that counts,now towing,carrying weight,off road work day in day out is the test,ive had l200s and the best thing about them is the diff loc

I've a L200, great vehicles, lots of room in the back for dogs and equipment, also keeps the bad smells, mud and blood away from the cab area. Been literally everywhere with it, and as I type it made

Navara all the way :yes:. mines the older D22 but the newer D40's are a class act, a pal has one and he showed me his fuel figures on his onboard computer, it was averaging 37MPG. I have no idea how hard he drives it but that was impresive.....

i have a Defender crew cab... It has now done 30,000 and is still going forward, despite its supposed huge reliability issues....

Went to Wales and back in it during the Summer........30+mpg at reasonable speeds......

And just gives supreme confidence off road, which is where mine spends a lot of its time... zero compromise there, where I'm concerned..

And yes, some of the other stuff will go off road..........but not where the Defender will go in standard trim, with nothing more that a decent set of tyres.

Matty

i have a Defender crew cab... It has now done 30,000 and is still going forward, despite its supposed huge reliability issues....

Went to Wales and back in it during the Summer........30+mpg at reasonable speeds......

And just gives supreme confidence off road, which is where mine spends a lot of its time... zero compromise there, where I'm concerned..

And yes, some of the other stuff will go off road..........but not where the Defender will go in standard trim, with nothing more that a decent set of tyres.

Matty

We spent the last couple of winters in a defender. If you went through any depth of water, mere puddles, the wiring loom would take in moisture and cut out. Very very bad design. That motor spent its fair share of time getting towed 100+ miles back on the back of an RAC wagon! The mechanic couldn't fix it, no one could. The problem has been solved now because it was nicked, never to be seen again.

I've a L200, great vehicles, lots of room in the back for dogs and equipment, also keeps the bad smells, mud and blood away from the cab area. Been literally everywhere with it, and as I type it made it to france no problems!

I also have a Defender XS 90, another vehicle that has come along way on the production line. Again all this year it has been taken through its paces (lots of deep water included) even had a beast hanging off the rear tyre whilst pulling away in over two feet of swampy mud/sand/rocks. No faults to report with it, tough solid vehicles.

All these horror stories of cars blowing up and gear boxes falling out amaze me. :laugh: Probably been abusing the vehicle and driving like numpties.

Bet half don't know the meaning of "Servicing"

:victory:

• Like 1

Navara all the way :yes:. mines the older D22 but the newer D40's are a class act, a pal has one and he showed me his fuel figures on his onboard computer, it was averaging 37MPG. I have no idea how hard he drives it but that was impresive.....

had a new one to bud but only ever managed 24 mpg :cray:so its gone was a really nice drive couldn't fault it in any way just the mpg

I have found that with the Mitubishi's the MPG can vary dramatically from vehicle to vehicle. Other than that i think they are a superb motor and a very comfortable drive.

I would imagine this was down to type of tyre... :thumbs:

Matty

We spent the last couple of winters in a defender. If you went through any depth of water, mere puddles, the wiring loom would take in moisture and cut out. Very very bad design. That motor spent its fair share of time getting towed 100+ miles back on the back of an RAC wagon! The mechanic couldn't fix it, no one could. The problem has been solved now because it was nicked, never to be seen again.

what age JD?

Newer ones seem to be pretty sorted on keeping going forward, my guess is your talking about a TD5 with ecu under the drivers seat..... ??

Matty

what age JD?

Newer ones seem to be pretty sorted on keeping going forward, my guess is your talking about a TD5 with ecu under the drivers seat..... ??

:thumbs:

Spot on for me, my D22 has lasted 6 years and done 160,000 miles, only thing that has gone wrong(so far touch wood) was the diesel pump(although this was £1,600), i had a 110 defender and i think they are uncomfortable, cold and horrible in winter, tried the L200 but prefer the Navara........although i think this will be my last 4x4 as fuel prices, tyresetc prices are terrible..........

• 2 weeks later...

My vote would go new shape L200 as an all round package.

BUT

They are all much of a muchness in reality. Off road they all go the same places with the right tyres on them, yes the defender might have the edge if it gets very silly but how often do you do that in an everyday car (and why would you?)

Try a few out and see what you like, i tried the Hilux (2.5 and 3 l) and didnt like them as much as the L200 but of the 2 i would go 3.0l

Up here the keepers have navaras, rangers, L200's and Isuzu but i havent seen a Hilux yet. Might be the price that means they dont use them though. There are a few defenders but very much in the minority.

I am selling my 07 4 Life pickup at the moment, pm me if you might be interested. Its been a brilliant car and i dont really want to sell but i get a shogun with my job and it is sitting doing nothing on the drive!

The Taliban Taxi,(Hilux) is probably the better Pickup,but the Coalition stay with the RANGER :toast: ..Ford.for me, can't see me driving Toyota,Think how to disable the Taliban,STOP them been supplied,soon run out of parts,grind the Taxis to a halt !Easier to catch them on their mopeds :thumbs: