westmeath hunt terrier and lurcher show

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

we have a rodeo bull booked for the day for all those cowboys out there lol

Kevin would it be ok if I fetched my stall of gimp masks whips an other perverted fetish gear along again this year

Now Now Wetdog ,you,ll always get to fish any time of the year ,but KEV,S show is Only Once A Year .

Posted Images

Cracking day Kev again well done - bigger crowds too - the lad with me had travelled from up North England and wasn't disappointed - good to chat with Ken Gould and a few other folk including Dave, Tiny Tiger, Appleblossom and Carraghsgem and husband - had to leave before the end of the bull x results - anyone know how that big white and black dog did?

It was a cracking show, very well organised and well worth the trip across the pond. Will have to organise a later flight next time so i can stay till the end.

A few of us from the North were there, we were up at 6 and left at 8, it took two an half hours to get there, we did stop for a fry, never eat another bite the rest of the day.I had a very relaxing day, my own wee dog Paris won her 2 races, i only took a few pics at my own laser...

DSC_0019-1.jpg

DSC_0042-3.jpg

DSC_0043-2.jpg

DSC_0059-4.jpg

DSC_0074-5.jpg

DSC_0088-4.jpg

DSC_0104-2.jpg

DSC_0171-2.jpg

Cracking day Kev again well done - bigger crowds too - the lad with me had travelled from up North England and wasn't disappointed - good to chat with Ken Gould and a few other folk including Dave, Tiny Tiger, Appleblossom and Carraghsgem and husband - had to leave before the end of the bull x results - anyone know how that big white and black dog did?

Sorry mate the black and white dog wasnt pulled

out .But the dog that won it deserved to i think

and he also got reserve champ lurcher

Fairplay to Kevin & Co, great day and very well organised, :good:

macker will never make a homing pigeon :laugh:

on the way home I took a wrong turn and added another hour onto my journey :icon_redface:

Don't think you would make much of a homing pigeon yourself jigsaw! as if the spin home wasn't long enough :haha:

sooner the better you get the young lad driving

i tell ye Im grand on the secondary roads but them fookin motorways feck me up everytime.4 bleedin hours to get home :no: Freem with my luck if I were a pigeon id be shot the minute I left the tree

Would agree whole heartily, Kevin M knows how to put on a good show. The weather was just right for the occassion, and the judging in both rings was superb. Both these men knew their dogs,and was firm and fair in their judgment.Terriers ,lurchers and Whippets all got a fair crack of the whip on the day. It took us approx 3 hours to get there, but it was well worth the journey.I met up with all our old friends,Hagan and his mate,Carraghasgem,and quite a few more,to many to mention. Also met and made quite a few knew ones,JF1970,and his mate,It was nice to meet you and have a wee chat,and also a few others, most of whom I see on this forum. A big congratulations to our good friend Graham Brennan from Dublins fair city, on winning the Lurcher Champion with his brilliant Lurcher.Also congratulations to the Guy who won the Terriers,sorry I dont know your name,but your terrier was tops. We were very lucky also winning the Whippet Bitch Class with our Whippet "Goldie " and the Whippet Dog class with our Whippet " Reilly ". The north of Ireland was well represnted.There were people there from Armagh/Belfast/Newtownards/Tyrone/Portadown/Down and all really enjoying themselves and going home with rosettes and trophys.A big congratulations to all the rest of the very worthy class winners.Bluebell was there snapping with her camera.You do a great job Deidre, what would we do without you.Look forward to seeing these pics up later. And thanks to you and Patsy for the lovely breakfast treat in Ardee on the journey up to the show.It was great to see so many women again at this show taking their rightful place alongside all the great huntsmen of the island of Ireland.

Kevin and your committe, again many thanks for a very enjoyable day.

Margaret Mc Stay

took us just over 4hours to get there but was well worth it well done to everyone who run the show and all the winners its a shame the shows up are end of the country arent as well run there where some smashing looking terriers there