Driven hare shoot day in scotland

some shooters are knobs,and deserve the criticisim,same as some dog men are knobs.shouldnt really tar everyone with the same brush.lot of lurchermen moan about that plenty.dont think shooting hundreds of hares is a good thing,but there you go it happens.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

thats what bugs me about yous gunmen,have yous not got enough birds till shoot without shooting hares but if a lurcherman was killing your birds yous wouldnt be 2 long givin off

You sound like a typical shooter. Took it up because you watched an Arnie film once.   I shoot, hunt and fish, however shooting driven hares is easier than shooting rabbits with a rimfire.   Rath

shooting hares dont sound very smart,if they shot all the hares where i mooch just to spite me, i'd leave the dog at home and try my best to wipe out the local pheasant population.

You should all be ashamed of yourselves. Bickering like a bunch of sweetie wifes.

No wonder our sport is being fecked bit by bit when we cant even agree on a common goal.

I shoot and I run dogs. I would never knock another mans sport, even if I disagree with it. That would make me a hypocrite.

Sad thread this, and any outsiders reading it will be laughing their ass off.

I have never shot a brown hare, but it doesnt mean that in certain areas it is not neccesary.

:thumbdown:

FTB

You should all be ashamed of yourselves. Bickering like a bunch of sweetie wifes.

No wonder our sport is being fecked bit by bit when we cant even agree on a common goal.

I shoot and I run dogs. I would never knock another mans sport, even if I disagree with it. That would make me a hypocrite.

I have never shot a brown hare, but it doesnt mean that in certain areas it is not neccesary.

FTB

Hi bud.A lot of threats tend to go this way.When you have people like chimp gloating.:thumbs:

FTB

Hi bud.A lot of threats tend to go this way.When you have people like chimp gloating.:thumbs:

im not gloating at all i just think it is really and i mean REALLY sad when i see mugs like you knocking another mans sport , all you read in running section is how people brag about there dog on hares or hares this and hares that and then they wonder when it comes on top , if you would of been half sharp and read my other posts i do say 'carry on as normal' wheres the gloating in that??

i would love to see hare coursing come back to the uk as i personaly think its a complete waste of time and money to try and stop someone who has been in the game all there life and it doesnt matter what you do they will carry on as normal.

i noticed you didnt actually make any sort of constructive responce to my previous post , all i got was

So can i.Its coming out of your ass
, well done on that mate it must of taken you a while :thumbs::wallbash:

what happens if shooting hares gets banned? do you honestly think you will see 4x4 trespassing with a gun as you do coursers? of course you wont.

now this fella has put a post about driven hares in the correct section and all he has got is lurcher lads crying about it , im not sure if anyone has noticed but the huntinglife has all these different sections for all types of different fieldsports, crazy i know :blink: .

dont you think some of you should grow up a bit and respect another mans sport?

FTB

im not gloating at all i just think it is really and i mean REALLY sad when i see mugs like you knocking another mans sport , all you read in running section is how people brag about there dog on hares or hares this and hares that and then they wonder when it comes on top , if you would of been half sharp and read my other posts i do say 'carry on as normal' wheres the gloating in that??

i would love to see hare coursing come back to the uk as i personaly think its a complete waste of time and money to try and stop someone who has been in the game all there life and it doesnt matter what you do they will carry on as normal.

i noticed you didnt actually make any sort of constructive responce to my previous post , all i got was

what happens if shooting hares gets banned? do you honestly think you will see 4x4 trespassing with a gun as you do coursers? of course you wont.

now this fella has put a post about driven hares in the correct section and all he has got is lurcher lads crying about it , im not sure if anyone has noticed but the huntinglife has all these different sections for all types of different fieldsports, crazy i know :blink: .

I do respect anothers mans sport.And i dont think you,ll find a post from me that says otherwise.But putting silly pics saying you have seen the light.Ask yourself who should realy grow up.:thumbs:

FTB

I do respect anothers mans sport.And i dont think you,ll find a post from me that says otherwise.But putting silly pics saying you have seen the light.Ask yourself who should realy grow up.:thumbs:

a good 10 mins that took you to write that , oh you mean the pic of the driven hares ? lol come on mate.

FTB

a good 10 mins that took you to write that , oh you mean the pic of the driven hares ? lol come on mate.

Was goint to wait another 10 mins to reply .but its near my bedtime working tonight.(Yes) Think number 31 and 58 Says where your coming from.:thumbs:

Edited by Catcher 1

shooting hares dont sound very smart,if they shot all the hares where i mooch just to spite me, i'd leave the dog at home and try my best to wipe out the local pheasant population.

All you f*****g moan about is keepers.....your the type of c**t thats got the "Them and Us" attitude.......f*****g annoying... :wallbash:

Hares are wild, nobody forks out thousands of pounds for them like pheasants, so to say you would go around trying to "wipe out" the local pheasant population..........if thats your attitude and tried to ruin my business(thats what you are doing,FACT!!! i'd make f*****g sure it didnt happen again.

I respect keepers,f*****g despise those toff c**ts they work for though,those hares that live on your land belong to us all if your trying to wipe them out to try and save those fat stupid obnoxious birds,then i HAVE to make sure people realise that killing them (in large numbers just to keep the 'commoners' away) will not only not save your birds,but will hurt them.

its the only way they'll learn.

:thumbs:

• Like 2

All you f*****g moan about is keepers.....your the type of c**t thats got the "Them and Us" attitude.......f*****g annoying... :wallbash:

Hares are wild, nobody forks out thousands of pounds for them like pheasants, so to say you would go around trying to "wipe out" the local pheasant population..........if thats your attitude and tried to ruin my business(thats what you are doing,FACT!!! i'd make f*****g sure it didnt happen again.

I respect keepers,f*****g despise those toff c**ts they work for though,those hares that live on your land belong to us all if your trying to wipe them out to try and save those fat stupid obnoxious birds,then i HAVE to make sure people realise that killing them (in large numbers just to keep the 'commoners' away) will not only not save your birds,but will hurt them.

its the only way they'll learn.

:thumbs:

How the f**k can you respect the keeper when you'd go around killing all his birds and the man can lose his job out of that..... :icon_eek:

i respect them,they're dedicated hard working men.

i wouldnt kill their birds to keep/sell,i'd leave them were they lay.

i love the wild animals in the UK if more lads do this when the landowners/keepers shoot all the hares (not just small amounts for pest control) etc it will imo teach them not to.

we need to speak their language,and that language is money,we can't pay to preserve these animals,so there needs to be some reason why they wont kill them all.

give them a reason.

• Like 2

i love the wild animals in the UK if more lads do this when the landowners/keepers shoot all the hares (not just small amounts for pest control) etc it will imo teach them not to.

we need to speak their language,and that language is money,we can't pay to preserve these animals,so there needs to be some reason why they wont kill them all.

give them a reason.

Not wanting to start an argument at all but if the dickhead element of the lurcher world didn't f**k it up for every one else then their wouldn't be a reason to shoot them most lads respect the land and its animals but you know as well as I that their is a small minority who just don't give a f**k and it's those lads as spoil it and force the landowners to act.

Edited by danw

give them a reason.

Not wanting to start an argument at all but if the dickhead element of the lurcher world didn't f**k it up for every one else then their wouldn't be a reason to shoot them most lads respect the land and its animals but you know as well as I that their is a small minority who just don't give a f**k and it's those lads as spoil it and force the landowners to act.

im sure there are,though ive never personally associated with or even known anyone like that (who uses dogs anyway),how do you sift out the c**ts who just want to wreck the land?

I dont know,but theres got to be another way than just killing all the hares.

• Like 1

give them a reason.

I'm struggling to see your argument here............ :hmm: You seem to think that killing all there birds would somehow stop the shooting of hares but what it would do would only highten the scale of the hatred that some have between keepers and lurchermen. What you would be better doing is poach, but poach quietly like proper old timers......show a bit of respect, not for the keeper but maybe for the land that you run. I dont see why saying you will kill all the birds will help you gain any respect or permission from landowners..