Air arms s410 review needed

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have .22 carbine, fantastic bit of kit.

Shot count wise I fill to the sweet spot of (for my gun) 160 and keep shooting down to 100 bar with only marginal POI change, I guess around 50 - 60 shots before the point of impact changes.

It may not sound like a lot of shots, but one shot on target per bunny etc means plenty of shooting can be managed.

Obviously if your bashing paper targets then you will probably need to fill up quiet often if your setting up a scope or trying long range shots ojn paper.

Im happy as larry with mine, coupled with the Twink MK2 silencer its one of the quietest rifles about.

I have had 1" groups on paper at 70-80yds and near pellet on pellet at 50yds.

A deadly accurate gun whether free standing or on a bipod.

The trigger is also a true 2 stage adjustable job and can be tweaked down to very light trigger pull thats got a crisp break on the 2nd stage.

Recoil = what's recoil :)

Aim, Breath out, squeeze, follow the shot through, job done.

NICE! yeah 50-60 shots is plenty for me but will try both rifles out at the shop and see which one feels better. where can i get twink silencers from?

hi buddy

PM incoming!!!!! :thumbs:

I am looking at getting an pcp in the new year and looking at the s410 can any body give me some reviews on it?

Thanks

Scott

i have a 410 karbine with a twink and to be fair i dont see what else you could want for reliable accurate and quiet. :thumbs:

dont want to hi-jack the thread but was just wandering, i have a s410 xl running at 34 ftlb, the only minor bad thing i

would say is it's a bit noisey, ive been told a silencer isnt worth the money for the amount of diiference it will make,

any surgestions would be helpfull,,,,, cheers

dont want to hi-jack the thread but was just wandering, i have a s410 xl running at 34 ftlb, the only minor bad thing i

would say is it's a bit noisey, ive been told a silencer isnt worth the money for the amount of diiference it will make,

any surgestions would be helpfull,,,,, cheers

what you need to do is borrow a twink or some thing like it off some one and give it a try. the air arms one are shite. where abouts you from.

Hi Dazzz,

Adrian Waugh at A and M Custom Gunsmiths also designs a Twink Mark 2 silencer especially for FAC rifles :thumbs: .

I can categorically tell you now that the Twink will make a big difference on your FAC air rifle. :yes:

Why do i say this? :hmm:

A rifle without an any silencer is loud but with a FAC Twink fitted it will be a massive differenc from what you are currently hearing without one fitted :thumbs: .

Give Addie a call mate he is a top bloke :yes:

His number is: A and M Custom Gunsmiths - tel 01623 861308

Si

Edited by zini

Another s410 fan here. I bought the carbine version in .22 a year or so back and its the probably best money ive spent on a gun.

Its a 2007 pre tamper model and came with what I think is the stock slip on air arms moderator. Pushing 11.6 its pellet on pellet at 45 yards and ive had dozens of bunnies with it.

Ive never ran out of shots on it, I usually pump it up after each hunting trip, the bar drops from 190 down to maybe 140->150. So, I reckon id get 3 or more hunting trips out of a full charge if i let it run down.

When I got the gun with the air arms silencer, the only noise you`d hear litterally was the pellet hitting the target. It was deadly quiet. Ive since replaced the air arms silencer with a weihrauch hw100 silencer, simply because I felt like splashing out, and its just as quiet - so I wonder if my stock air arms silencer has been modded by a previous owner as I have heard people they thought the stock silencer was rubbish.

I serviced the gun myself last year - all new seals etc, and re chrono`d it. Nice and easy to do DIY with a few allen keys and the seal kit is cheap.

I opted for the carbine because its a bit shorter, no difference in accuracy in the field and to be honest, when you can get 90 odd shots out of a carbine, why would you need any more? I find the carbine is easy to handle, easy to shoot from inside a truck if you need and a bit lighter than the classic.

All in all, an excellent gun. Mine is still worth nearly what I paid for it, and its not often you can say that about a gun.

When I got mine, for me, it was a toss up between the s410k, the s510k and the weihrauch hw100. I didnt like the weihrauch at all, it felt too heavy, bulky and was a lot more cash than the s410. The s510 looked and felt nice, but again a lot more money than the s410 and I seemed to prefer the feel and action of the s410. The only thing id think twice about is whether to go for the same gun in .177 or not!

Another s410 fan here. I bought the carbine version in .22 a year or so back and its the probably best money ive spent on a gun.

Its a 2007 pre tamper model and came with what I think is the stock slip on air arms moderator. Pushing 11.6 its pellet on pellet at 45 yards and ive had dozens of bunnies with it.

Ive never ran out of shots on it, I usually pump it up after each hunting trip, the bar drops from 190 down to maybe 140->150. So, I reckon id get 3 or more hunting trips out of a full charge if i let it run down.

When I got the gun with the air arms silencer, the only noise you`d hear litterally was the pellet hitting the target. It was deadly quiet. Ive since replaced the air arms silencer with a weihrauch hw100 silencer, simply because I felt like splashing out, and its just as quiet - so I wonder if my stock air arms silencer has been modded by a previous owner as I have heard people they thought the stock silencer was rubbish.

I serviced the gun myself last year - all new seals etc, and re chrono`d it. Nice and easy to do DIY with a few allen keys and the seal kit is cheap.

I opted for the carbine because its a bit shorter, no difference in accuracy in the field and to be honest, when you can get 90 odd shots out of a carbine, why would you need any more? I find the carbine is easy to handle, easy to shoot from inside a truck if you need and a bit lighter than the classic.

All in all, an excellent gun. Mine is still worth nearly what I paid for it, and its not often you can say that about a gun.

When I got mine, for me, it was a toss up between the s410k, the s510k and the weihrauch hw100. I didnt like the weihrauch at all, it felt too heavy, bulky and was a lot more cash than the s410. The s510 looked and felt nice, but again a lot more money than the s410 and I seemed to prefer the feel and action of the s410. The only thing id think twice about is whether to go for the same gun in .177 or not!

hi mate

i was looking at the hw100 aswell but dont like the look of it plus i like the bolt action on the s410 as the hw100 has a side lever.

i am defo going to get a s410 in the new year and just have a feel of both carbine and classic.

the s410 in walnut looks sooo nice i gotta have it :thumbs:

Not the S410 , but it is an Air Arms , and it is the S400 . I do have a Rowan Multi Shot mag with it so i guess its nearly there :tongue2: Main difference is a thicker barrel ( the MPR has a 15 mm barrel )

My MPR FT

103.jpg

Its currently sporting a Leapers Sidewheel 3-12 x 44 with a 30 mm tube.

The MPR I find is most suited to AA Field 4.52

I use RWS Superdomes for setting up and sorting things until changed to Fields for

any fine tuning and out shooting...

I find Superfields are good too but I use a sizer on them because the skirts on the

Superfields and superdomes are wider than AA Fields so drops the fps by .3 which drops

the POI,not badly but as measured with the chrono and 30yd target..

So setting and messing the cheaper Superdomes were fine but the Fields for the serious stuff...

Last chrono on MPR over 60 shot string the fps stayed within .2 from 11.2 to 11.4fps a really

consistant gun and not regged either...

Never filled it more than 180 bar as the sweet spot kicks in at 165bar it uses 1 bar per shot...

For 90 shots 180 bar down to 90 and only dropped off by .4fps at the bottom end but then will

drop off noticeably down to 50 bar and then it could well vent off as not enough pressure you as

is the way with the normal AA series of guns...

If you fill to 200 bar max and keep shooting you would get 160 shots but I think you will sort yourself

out with it as once you pick it up and start shooting lots of pellets will be used....

Its loverly aint it :thumbs::thumbs:

Got my s410 classic today fitted with an AA silencer. went out for a couple of hours with it and i LOVE IT :victory:

zeroed in about 10 mins and is putting pellet on pellet at 35 yards no problem!!

then after a bit of target practice i christened it with a crow at around 40 yards :gunsmilie:

next stop is a bipod!!!

Got my s410 classic today fitted with an AA silencer. went out for a couple of hours with it and i LOVE IT :victory:

zeroed in about 10 mins and is putting pellet on pellet at 35 yards no problem!!

then after a bit of target practice i christened it with a crow at around 40 yards :gunsmilie:

next stop is a bipod!!!

keep thinking about a bipod but then keep thinking about carting it around when i want go walk about and it puts me off :thumbdown: