Hare

jasper65

As I expected you didnt answer the question.

It was straight forward enough ,no riddle .

Why do you think an air rifle is not recommended for the shooting of a hare?

I dont shoot hares ,haven't shot one for years ,but ,if I did, using a .22 rimfire ,I would take a head or chest shot, not a body or backend shot.I only take head shots at rabbits.

You say in your previous post you "lost me",actually I think I lost you.

When you are in a hole ,its best to stop digging.

I need to be EDUACATED? Some how I don't think you are the person to be doing it.

Ive been hunting/shooting, for over 50 years, still I can be taught a thing or two, and I am ready and willing to be so ,but not ,I feel by you

You don't listen to the answers pal when they're laid infront of you! as I recall you asked it of another poster but I fancied a pop at it ;)...

you can quote me as much as you want about your 50yrs experience! but the long and the short of it is the Hare was shot cleanly through the back of the head as you would expect from someone taking one on with a Air Rifle, one thing I can guarantee at the range it was shot in the zone I aimed for...

I would expect anyone to take a Hare front end head or chest area with a Rimmy and so they should, you missed totaly what I was saying! this Hare was shot within 30 yds yet I have seen first hand some so called marksman take on shots with Rimmy's on Hares at some fair ranges which have been wounded and needed another one to stop it, same with the shotgun! I wish I could 100% Guarrantee to stop everything stone dead I lift a shotgun up to but I can't, with your 50 yrs experince you should also know this.

recommendation or no recommendation this Hare was shot cleanly and legaly! can you Honestly say that you can Guarrantee a clean kill with a shotgun which is Recommended? personaly with a Air Rifle I wouldn't take the shot unless I knew I was going to stop it cleanly......

I only mentioned the fact that I have been hunting and shooting for over 50 years ,because you started to lecture me on getting educated,or as you call it eduacated.

I wouldn't use the term if I were you , you can't even spell the word.

At the end of the day, do as your conscience dictates, but don't try and tell your granny, how to suck eggs.

I would make a bet I was shooting before you were pupped,so no lectures on getting educated please.

End Of.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What a crock of s.h.i.t mate whoopy fecking doo you shot a hare,whats the big deal if you went out for rabbits,im sure anyone on here would of took the shot at anything on the legal list if it was in

Nice one jasper, i have never gone out to look for hare but when the shot has presented itself it has often been taken. Good for you

Hi Jasper.nice clean looking kill. I shot a hare a few weeks ago but didn't put a post up about it as was on another site and some guy was getting abused left right and centre for shooting one with a

Posted Images

I only mentioned the fact that I have been hunting and shooting for over 50 years ,because you started to lecture me on getting educated,or as you call it eduacated.

At the end of the day, do as your conscience dictates, but don't try and tell your granny, how to suck eggs.

I would make a bet I was shooting before you were pupped,so no lectures on getting educated please.

End Of.

spellings not one of my strong points Innnnnan! thankfully making clean kills is. but you knew what I was saying which is good enough for me pal :yes:....

Please don't end it there? intrigue me further and let me gleam the depths of your outstanding knowledge base, I consider myself a very lucky chap to share the same forum as you of which I'm indebted! I am not worthy :notworthy:....

yis Jasper

blimey, my first day on in ages and look what i've been missing!!!

nice shooting jasp, clean and humane mate, just the way it should be. i dont do hares myself, but thats just cos there arent that many down my way, so its a rare pleasure to see one. if i was in your situation with loads i'd be going for em too tho, done in red wines supposed to be lovely i'm told...

all the best, wurz

Nice one pal :thumbs:, thought I hadn't see you about for a while. the Red wine bit sounds good enough to me! I'll have a scout on the net and see what recepies are about :yes:...

atb Jasp

End Of.

spellings not one of my strong points Innnnnan! thankfully making clean kills is. but you knew what I was saying which is good enough for me pal :yes:....

Please don't end it there? intrigue me further and let me gleam the depths of your outstanding knowledge base, I consider myself a very lucky chap to share the same forum as you of which I'm indebted! I am not worthy :notworthy:....

yis Jasper

No, you are just a sarcastic prat, who evaded the question , not worthy? You're not worth it ,that's for sure.

Nice one pal :thumbs:, thought I hadn't see you about for a while. the Red wine bit sounds good enough to me! I'll have a scout on the net and see what recepies are about :yes:...

atb Jasp

ahh just been real busy at the shop and doin the survival courses jasp, havent had time for owt mate, only just had time to walk the dog, never mind take das kraut out. should be out this weekend tho if all works out, which means it'll p*** down i expect...

new killing joke album out next week buddy!! :boogie:

all the best, wurz

So.....no recipie then :blink:

Red Wine is a staple, but you can cheat by buying a "Home Pride" red wine sauce,[the Chassuer is ok] you really need two, if you are cooking the whole carcass.

I've had hare ,jugged,marinaded,spiced, curried, sweet and soured,steamed with a mustard sauce ,steeped in cider.

Now, I just put it in the slow cooker with a bottle of cheap red, and assorted veg.

Saddle and backlegs for me, the front end, raw for the dogs.

Edited by inan

I often take hares with my air rifles 177 and .22 it's all about you being confident with your own shooting I would not recommend it to someone that has poor shot placement but I always take them when they are there as 1 of my permission is full of them but hardly any rabbits

As long as they are shot using natural light then your fine as using lamps or night vision is illegal

Atb rob

Happy hunting

So.....no recipie then :blink:

Red Wine is a staple, but you can cheat by buying a "Home Pride" red wine sauce,[the Chassuer is ok] you really need two, if you are cooking the whole carcass.

I've had hare ,jugged,marinaded,spiced, curried, sweet and soured,steamed with a mustard sauce ,steeped in cider.

Now, I just put it in the slow cooker with a bottle of cheap red, and assorted veg.

Propper job, beats the crap out of arguing :thumbs:

Bill

Much apreciated Inan thankyou :thumbs:.

see! I have gleamed some good info off you already, and I'm not being sarcastic.

I'll 100% give the recipe a try

yis Jasp

Nice one, Jasper. :thumbs:

I've shot very many hare's with shotgun, RF and airguns and a well placed pellet kills just as well as the others, it's about keeping within the limits of whatever gun you happen to be useing....

I think a lot of the dog and firearms folks look down their noses at us lowly airgunners 'cos the only dealings they've had with airguns was probably many years ago as young 'uns shooting sparrows and tin cans with some crappy old break barrel that was probably 20 years old then. Things have moved on a bit, fellas....

There's a lot of snobbery in field sports, which is a real shame. :thumbdown:

Cheers.

ahh just been real busy at the shop and doin the survival courses jasp, havent had time for owt mate, only just had time to walk the dog, never mind take das kraut out. should be out this weekend tho if all works out, which means it'll p*** down i expect...

new killing joke album out next week buddy!! :boogie:

all the best, wurz

I had a good idea you was flat out mate. to be honest I only pop out now and again with the gun just to give the birds a change from the usual diet, always somthing else needs doing here lately! beleive it or nots its pi****g down here today yet is was like summer yesterday...

Look forward to hearing the new album pal :thumbs:. the wife got me one of them decks you can connect to the PC and play some of the old 45's and 33 records on, I went up the loft and burned off some classics which I now play in the car! the kids think its crap as expected...

Can't honestly see whats wrong with slim whitman and max bygraves! kids have no taste these days :angel:....

cheers Jasp

Nice one, Jasper. :thumbs:

I've shot very many hare's with shotgun, RF and airguns and a well placed pellet kills just as well as the others, it's about keeping within the limits of whatever gun you happen to be useing....

I think a lot of the dog and firearms folks look down their noses at us lowly airgunners 'cos the only dealings they've had with airguns was probably many years ago as young 'uns shooting sparrows and tin cans with some crappy old break barrel that was probably 20 years old then. Things have moved on a bit, fellas....

There's a lot of snobbery in field sports, which is a real shame. :thumbdown:

Cheers.

My air rifle is an AA s410, in carbine length, not state of the art ,but a bit better than "some crappy break barrel".

There is a lot of assumptive ignorance in field sports, I have noticed that.