Ton up

Seeing THAT picture of a certain dog in front of a rake of rabbits (in another thread) Reminded me of the controversy it caused in the "shooting news" back then.

So what do people think now ? Is it possible for one dog to take 100 or more rabbits in one night. ?

Bearing in mind, the rabbits have to be carried off the ground etc, i still doubt it.

What do you think ? :whistling:

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its been done ;) end of.

as for carrying them, you just keep dropping off evry 20 -30.

weather lads wil do it now, is debatable, i dont think most lads have the mental and physical staminar to keep pushing on . most lads are happy to get 20 or so. ;)

Guest lurchers&terriers

i dont think you would need a extra special dog but you would need a extremely fit dog thats for sure if the land holds them a average but fit dog will catch them . what on earth would anybody want with 100 rabbits though?

Edited by lurchers&terriers
its been done ;) end of.

weather lads wil do it now, is debatable, i dont think most lads have the mental and physical staminar to keep pushing on . most lads are happy to get 20 or so. ;)

:good: Well put Tomo ;)

its been done ;) end of.

I do not believe that has been done with one dog, I have had dogs all my life, from mid fifties to the present, AND i HAVE SEEN ALL THESE WONDER DOGS, but since the invention, of the home computer, the dog has been able to do wonderfull feats, I have only been on these hunting forums for a very short time, and it realy amazes me, what these wonder dogs can do, take the last lamping competition, that was run on here, two dogs each running single handed, on so called good ground, what was there best combined bag, nothing near the amazing 100, please lads wake up, It makes me so angry to hear and read such rubbish, and also did you hear hunting for the pot, the old ways, and leave something for tomorrow, stop the Bus I want to get off,

Guest lurchers&terriers
its been done ;) end of.

I do not believe that has been done with one dog, I have had dogs all my life, from mid fifties to the present, AND i HAVE SEEN ALL THESE WONDER DOGS, but since the invention, of the home computer, the dog has been able to do wonderfull feats, I have only been on these hunting forums for a very short time, and it realy amazes me, what these wonder dogs can do, take the last lamping competition, that was run on here, two dogs each running single handed, on so called good ground, what was there best combined bag, nothing near the amazing 100, please lads wake up, It makes me so angry to hear and read such rubbish, and also did you hear hunting for the pot, the old ways, and leave something for tomorrow, stop the Bus I want to get off,

i dont agree with you matey. look at it this way. if you start your lamping real early say 9pm or 10pm on a big bit of land that is covered with rabbits, you have a fit dog plenty of fags and a big bottle of coke it can be done as long as your willing to lamp all night. As for the lamping comp they only had 2 odd hours didn't they and a fat jacker in the way.

its been done ;) end of.

yes your right about the lamping comp , border lad. but you cant compair it to running a dog on your own or with a mate.

i was involved with the comp alot last year , and the underlieing thing was in evry heat , how slow most lads were taking it and picking and choosing rabbits, myself included. when theres somthing to win, lads take it easy.

i have taken 45 with my own little bitch , and took 80 with 2 dogs. iam confident both these dogs wil do the 100 TOGETHER this winter.

just because you or your friends havent done somthing border lad dont mean it aint been done.

Seeing THAT picture of a certain dog in front of a rake of rabbits (in another thread) Reminded me of the controversy it caused in the "shooting news" back then.

So what do people think now ? Is it possible for one dog to take 100 or more rabbits in one night. ?

Bearing in mind, the rabbits have to be carried off the ground etc, i still doubt it.

my [bANNED TEXT] had a collie whippet and he took it somewer up scotland and got 160 rabbits in 12 hours. sadly the dog got stole out his kennels about 3 years ago now.

like the boys selling a so called good dog only selling for a mate, there is another lamping competition coming up NOW is there chance to become the champion of all time, and for the dog to retire to stud for a fantastic fee, what a fantastic opportunity, this cannot be missed, please bring this wonder dog out I realy want to see this elusive dog,

my [bANNED TEXT] had a collie whippet and he took it somewer up scotland and got 160 rabbits in 12 hours. sadly the dog got stole out his kennels about 3 years ago now.

like the boys selling a so called good dog only selling for a mate, there is another lamping competition coming up NOW is there chance to become the champion of all time, and for the dog to retire to stud for a fantastic fee, what a fantastic opportunity, this cannot be missed, please bring this wonder dog out I realy want to see this elusive dog,

The winner of last years competition, Bruce has no intention of retiring to stud, and will be in this years competition and will be doing what he does best, working, for a good few years yet ! You sound a very bitter man, Border Lad.

Cheers.

The winner of last years competition, Bruce has no intention of retiring to stud, and will be in this years competition and will be doing what he does best, working, for a good few years yet ! You sound a very bitter man, Border Lad.

Cheers.

I never mentioned the winner of last year or any other year please read my post, as for bitter what have I to be bitter about, IT IS READING ALL ABOUT THESE WONDER DOGS BEHIND THE COMPUTER, WHAT i HAVE STATED IS THE TRUTH, NOW IS THERE CHANCE TO SHOW EVERY ONE THAT THEY HAVE A CHAMPION BY ENTERING AND WINNING THIS COMING LAMPING COMPETITION AND THEY WILL NOT COME NEAR THAT MAGIC FIGURE OF 100 IN THE NIGHT ((( AND BY THE WAY 100 RABBITS @ 2LB IN WEIGHT COMES TO JUST OVER 14 STONE THINK ABOUT THAT MR,