Guest fence_hopper
i do agree with part of what knob was saying tbh , there are women joining here just as a dating / attention seeking site and it DOES give the ones of us whom do work our dogs , a bad name and we get tarred with same brush , i get pissed off arguing the toss with people tbh , anyone whom knows me knows just what i do and expect my dogs to do , i strive hard to get the best out of my dogs , people who have told the original poster she must expect and be prepared for injuries are 100% correct and she must not scream the place down should a injury occur, thats working dogs love , a dog can injury itself at any point whilst working , thats the risk we take everytime we take our dogs out , im sooner lose one of mine working doing what it loves than by any other means , and whilst yes id be heartbroken , it makes me no less of a true working person by having feelings to my dogs , but i am certainly no wimp in the field and i know by experience what can happen sadly

you win lol fair point... thats makes sense same way i think :notworthy:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you work dogs you have to expect that one day they will get injured! its inevitable!! If you cant handle the thought of that maybe your in the wrong game sweetheart. This is why women shouldnt work dogs i tell thy :wallbash::wallbash:

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: women and working dogs like chalk and cheese :D:clapper:

yer right ok !!! dont judge us all :wallbash:

i have nothing against women hunters at all, but they come on here not all of them try to put sexy little pics of them selves with abbit of clevage and want to be given the same respect as, they winge about silly little things like there dog puts it back feet on the fence most young dogs do it when learning some dogs get cut some don't thats part of the working life. if they want a cute sighthound get a italion greyhound there for proper hunters oops!!

go f**k yourself!!! :censored:

some women are the most solid hunters you will ever find , dont judge all by the minority , i personaly pride myself in helping the young and inexperienced and im a girly girl when i choose to be but on the field i work my dogs as hard if not harder than most of the men i know , i respect what you are saying about the dog jumping etc as she does need to know the risks and what can happen in reality , but do not judge me by others !! as for italian greyhounds , i was rejected by the club because i do what they were originally bred to do , work!!! and shock fukking horror i also kc show them , often being thrown out by judge for being too muscled"" so dont tell me i dont do as much as others , i stand by my principles and my values on working dogs :tongue2:

Bloody hell that told him :clapper::clapper::clapper:

i think it is fair to say there is good and bad people of both sexes which work dogs so trying to say women shouldnt be working them i think your way out of order there are loads of bad dog owners on this site and they aint hard to find :victory:

And a lot of the blokes on these sites act like old women... :laugh: ....At least this lass can string a few words together and make a sentence with out useing 'chav' or 'text' speak!... :toast:

got to agree there mike.

back to the point of jumping .......

my black pup as just recently started jumping

and its somthing you cant make them do.

she used to bite the top wire and whine like mad

i had to lift her over.

i gave her smaller things to jump and slowly

moved to bigger obsticles to build her confidence now

she will clear fences with out a blink.

once they know they can do it theres no stoping them.

hope this helps you JP.

lofti...

if u keep ur dog in a kennel with a run at the run gate use 4inch straps of wood and every time the dog jumps it put 1 more every so often , trust me u will not have a problem, or use ur house gate and put the straps across the way, let me know how u get on ,, it will work ,,,, from big max coat bridge scotland :notworthy:

well mate not my fault im dislexic...but that don't bother me i just get on with it, abit like what some of the people on here should do. instead of winging all the time

Sorry fencehopper, wasn't infering you were or pulling your pisser, I was generalising ;)

Guest fence_hopper
well mate not my fault im dislexic...but that don't bother me i just get on with it, abit like what some of the people on here should do. instead of winging all the time

Sorry fencehopper, wasn't infering you were or pulling your pisser, I was generalising ;)

no problem mate :thumbs:

if you work dogs you have to expect that one day they will get injured! its inevitable!! If you cant handle the thought of that maybe your in the wrong game sweetheart. This is why women shouldnt work dogs i tell thy :wallbash::wallbash:

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: women and working dogs like chalk and cheese :D:clapper:

yer right ok !!! dont judge us all :wallbash:

i have nothing against women hunters at all, but they come on here not all of them try to put sexy little pics of them selves with abbit of clevage and want to be given the same respect as, they winge about silly little things like there dog puts it back feet on the fence most young dogs do it when learning some dogs get cut some don't thats part of the working life. if they want a cute sighthound get a italion greyhound there for proper hunters oops!!

big time :laugh: at fence hopper i have been told by a few of the hunters i have met that i work my dogs better than most men they have met.....and i aslo have no plan of trying to pull over the internet :laugh:, im taken and wouldnt change my boyfriend for the world. and there will be no italian greyhounds in my house, my next dog is defonatly going to be a bullx (cant afford it in the near future though)

anyhoo back to the jumping i have set up a 2 foot obsticle so she has to jump it to get out of the yard, but i have decided to take the advice and not teach her to jump when lamping(as was said i would rather go home with one less bunny in the bag than an injured dog) and going to teach her to jump just to save the hassel of having to lift her over fences, as i cant lift her and have to get my boyfriend to do it

p.s. note the great attitude of people on this site, there is a small minority that spoil it for everyone

Personally i think the 14 yr old bull cross owning boys on here could learn a hell of a lot from some of the female hunters on here , they get on with the job & dont feel the need to critisise everyone

Keep the good work up Ladies :thumbs:

Guest little lurcher
Personally i think the 14 yr old bull cross owning boys on here could learn a hell of a lot from some of the female hunters on here , they get on with the job & dont feel the need to critisise everyone

kay , you are a true lady hunter and a credit to us all , others could take a leaf from your book :notworthy:

kay , you are a true lady hunter and a credit to us all , others could take a leaf from your book :notworthy:

I havent hunted for 2 full seasons though :laugh: i just wanted to give you ladies who are getting out there a heads up & ignore these spotty little gits :laugh:

Get a whippet much easier to lift over fences. Or a bull cross, if they cannot get over a fence after quarry then they will go through it....problem solved :victory: Not that i ever go hunting red_iq4.gif just what the big hard lads told me they do :yes:

Please excuse me for a while, im having a bad hair day 36_1_60.gif

molly would you like to come round for a tea party to discuss cleaning methods and dresses and hair products....because women dont go hunting we always wear high heels and flowery frocks and never realtree, wellies with the odour of fox and dog drifting about :laugh:

The problem with some women, not all I hasten to add, is that they dont think through the consequences of taking on a sport which can incur some horrific injuries. If you cant deal with the idea of having to perhaps cut your dog down with a knife when it hangs itself on a barb wire fence so badly you cant get it off any other way, or carry it several miles to your car when it smashes a leg or takes a fit, or worse still put an end to it there and then in the field if its injuries are so severe its suffering and dying and wont make it back to the motor, or to the vets. Ask yourself honestly ladies can you do these things? have you even thought about them and how you would react if they happened? if you cant then you shouldnt be out hunting with dogs as theres every chance you might have to deal with a situation like this at some point and you owe it to your working dogs to do right by them :victory:

Guest little lurcher
The problem with some women, not all I hasten to add, is that they dont think through the consequences of taking on a sport which can incur some horrific injuries. If you cant deal with the idea of having to perhaps cut your dog down with a knife when it hangs itself on a barb wire fence so badly you cant get it off any other way, or carry it several miles to your car when it smashes a leg or takes a fit, or worse still put an end to it there and then in the field if its injuries are so severe its suffering and dying and wont make it back to the motor, or to the vets. Ask yourself honestly ladies can you do these things? have you even thought about them and how you would react if they happened? if you cant then you shouldnt be out hunting with dogs as theres every chance you might have to deal with a situation like this at some point and you owe it to your working dogs to do right by them :victory:

here here sarah !! excellent post dealing with REALITY :notworthy:

Get a whippet much easier to lift over fences. Or a bull cross, if they cannot get over a fence after quarry then they will go through it....problem solved :victory: Not that i ever go hunting red_iq4.gif just what the big hard lads told me they do :yes:

Please excuse me for a while, im having a bad hair day 36_1_60.gif

:11: