a good friend of mine had cowen bred stuff , still has a old blind dog of about 15 , i had a terrier off him good nose but way to hard , but i think the question is does any one on this forum work one ??

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WELL LADS ,

I KNOW A COUPLE OF NOW " OLD " FELLAS WHO DUG QUITE REGULAR WITH COWAN AND HE WAS VERY ACTIVE WHEN YOUNGER .............TIME CATCHES UP WITH EVERY ONE ...............I WONDER HOW MANY AT 70 ODDISH WILL GO OUT AND DIG A BRACE AS A CLOSE FRIEND OF MINE DID LAST SEASON ??? THEN ACHE FROM HEAD TO FOOT FOR THE NEXT WEEK ?.............ITS A SHAME BUT FATHER TIME WAITS FOR NO MAN !

ONE THING ..........................DOES WORRY ME !

EVERY FORIEGN TERRIER " WORKER " IS ALWAYS ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT THE WELL KNOWN NAMES OF THE UK TERRIER SCENE ............. IT JUST SO HAPPENS THAT THESE GUYS IN THE...... ........................" LIMELIGHT " ...................ARE GETTING ON IN YEARS , NOT WORKING THEIR STOCK AS MUCH .............. BUT BREEDING PLENTY !

IF ONLY THEY KNEW THE TRUTH ............................... I KNOW TOP CLASS TERRIER MEN THAT HAVE WORKED DOGS ALL THEIR LIVES AND CONTINUE TO !..........YET ALL ONLY BREED WHEN NECESSARY TO CONTINUE THEIR LINES ! ALL OF THESE MEN ARENT KNOWN TO ALL BUT A HARDCORE OF TERRIERMEN ..........AND THATS THE WAY THEY LIKE IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!

MAYBE ONE DAY .......................... SOMEONE WILL TELL OF THE TRUE GIANTS OF THE GAME

DUCKWING :big_boss:

thats right duckwing,there,s alot of old lads out there who would love to get out on a dig,but age catches up with every man,but there offspring carry on,gouldy,britemore,parkes,g richards,middleton,gripton,all these men have dug tons of stuff over the years,and i think we owe them all some respect,yes there will be some bad stock about,but alot more good than bad,give them all a pat on the back ,alot of our (todays) origins are from these great terriermen.