• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JAGDWERKS
heard many contraddictions about it .......still working ???
Yes...I would like to hear more on "Cowan's" terriers,myself.A "very" irritating fellow here(in the U.S.)owns a "Cowan's" male Lakie(that same terrier is just about as big as a "Airedale"! lol!)and "rants&raves" about his "abilities"... :whistle:

I know john Cowan and his wife,he breeds some goood terriers mainly for work.He does'nt work them as much as he used to due to getting older as we all do.Some of his dogs are working for local hound packs.His dogs do well at hound and terriers shows through the summer.I can't believea a dog is as big as an airdale. some of them might be up on the leg but that is because of the ground they work on.. John has been breeding working lakelands for over 50 years :good:

Guest JOEB
:D he , he , he :D .

I do hope this thread runs and runs :rolleyes::D .

Who can you be talking about KL??? :whistle: :laugh: .

This sounds juicy........prey tell what you know Chief :whistle:

JOEB

I know john Cowan and his wife,he breeds some goood terriers mainly for work.He does'nt work them as much as he used to due to getting older as we all do.Some of his dogs are working for local hound packs.His dogs do well at hound and terriers shows through the summer.I can't believea a dog is as big as an airdale. some of them might be up on the leg but that is because of the ground they work on.. John has been breeding working lakelands for over 50 years :good:

which packs ?

yeah wich packs?

i have been out with a few fell packs and the terriers i have seen have all been small bolting terriers.......

not just my opinion either there are plenty other lads on this site who will hav seen the same

yis fellman

yeah wich packs?

i have been out with a few fell packs and the terriers i have seen have all been small bolting terriers.......

not just my opinion either there are plenty other lads on this site who will hav seen the same

yis fellman

Lunsdale uses some of his terriers, I did'nt say fell packs in my write-up. where you from fellman

hope you enjoyed your days with the fell packs.

yeah wich packs?

yis fellman

Lunsdale uses some of his terriers, I did'nt say fell packs in my write-up. where you from fellman

hope you enjoyed your days with the fell packs.

you state packs "Some of his dogs are working for local hound packs" which packs,

originally from the lake district

yes i "enjoy" my days with the fell packs

if you call giving yourself a fecking stroke and feeling like your climbing everest enjoyable lol

yeha i enjoy it

maybe i missed the large terriers when i went?????????

anyway all the terriers i see at the fell packs are much of a muchness ........small tidy and a assortment of breeds

yis fellman

Quite correct Fellman, most of the fell packs terriers are small bolting dogs, theres quite a mixed bunch with some packs :D but they get the job done. I don't think i have ever seen a terrier working with a fell pack thats big in height or chest. i think the size of an airedale statement might have been an over exaggeration or too much drink blotting the eyes. :kiss:

A couple of my russells have cowan blood in them & they are far from big.

Fellman, what do you mean by tidy ?

ermmmmmmmmmmmmmm i know what i mean but trying to explain it is another matter ......

sorrta built for the job .....look right for what they do.....tidy ......there that clears that up :blink::icon_eek:

What a man will sell overseas, to a person he has never met who is silly enough to buy a dog from a country he has never visited, does not speak to the dogs he will keep for himself or sell to his friends or other people who are serious about digging.

A great dog is not sold to everyone that just shows up at the door.

In life you will always find new folks passing through, waving cash, dropping names and talking loud. Why would anyone give a good dog to such an obvious character, when over-large dogs and dogs of dubious abilities will always be crowding the kennels? All is logic, and not all is bad.

Sometimes a man can sell the dog off to someone 5,000 miles away, and both the man and the dog are the better for it. As for the new dog owner, he may not know the difference. All wine is the same inside the bottle, and a lot of people really are interested in nothing more than the label. So long as the new owner is happy and the dog is fed and vetted, it was a winning deal on all sides.

God bless and caveat emptor!

Patrick

Pat Burns, wine is all the same if you put it on the shelf just to look at the label, but I guess we wouldn't be talking about whether Cowen blood is any good unless someone has tasted it and found it lacking.