Ferrets balls

:o had my hob vasectomised on Monday, the vet said expect some swelling, but they've doubled in size.

Took him back today and vet said it's ok but to be on the safe side gave him antibiotics.

Any one else had this and if so how long did the swelling take to go down?

I know me and my next door neighbour both had the snip the same week, I was back to work the next day, his swelled up so bad he couldn't walk :o

I rembember a bunch of us all got the snip at the same time some of them had a inch long scar when some where only quarter of a inch long then some guys got a discharge luck of the draw with the surgeon

:o had my hob vasectomised on Monday, the vet said expect some swelling, but they've doubled in size.

Took him back today and vet said it's ok but to be on the safe side gave him antibiotics.

I know me and my next door neighbour both had the snip the same week, I was back to work the next day, his swelled up so bad he couldn't walk :o

What was the total cost of the operation I am going to get my jills jabbbed this year and pick up a hob from my ferreting partner he is breeding his jill, I plan to get the hob vasectomised. So I wont have to jab my jills in future.

£60 :icon_eek:

The vet said they hardly make any money from it as its a fiddly and time consuming job.

What was the total cost of the operation I am going to get my jills jabbbed this year and pick up a hob from my ferreting partner he is breeding his jill, I plan to get the hob vasectomised. So I wont have to jab my jills in future.

Well i think all vets vary in [bANNED TEXT] they charge. I got my hob snipped for 100 quid and then was told its not 100% garentee it will stop him from producing young. I was like Right then thats made me feel good - why tell me after the op is over with!?! Grr! Anyway my hobs balls never rele swelled up but i still have the stitches in....nylon ones...im sure the nurse said they will remove them self..i hope so anyway!

FM

The only sure way to find out is to use him and if your jills have kitts then you know but you got to wait at least six weeks mate the get out clause is your vet will offer to do the operation again but ask them whos going to feed and rehome all the young ferrets i shouldn't of had ??

I got offered a free postcard in there window instead of paying the pound for it .

Mines been done but not tested yet, Payed £86 which is a bit pricey, but i was warned before the op that it is not 100%.

His balls didn't swell much but he did get a slight infection which anibiotics cleared up. (included in the price.)