Ferret vs Mink

Quite scary really, someone knocking about with a shotgun who can't differentiate between a ferret and a mink even when it's lain dead in front of him.

scary, he shot his own dog then after because he thought there was a WOLF behind him :icon_eek:

me thinks he's been eating mushrooms :gunsmilie:

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'll be honest with you guys. the old farmers land i was on laughed at me when i sed wild ferret. he said that is a mink. so him being older and wiser i believed. but the all black part was my argument. thanks for the correction, but you know what farmers are like. lol, no changing their minds. And i might add, this fecker was not asking to be rehomed, he might aswell have asked for salt with his fresh fingers(had i put my hand down)

Mink :no::no: Polecat/Ferret :yes::yes:

It's not Dark enough for a Wild Polecat, it looks like any average Polecat Hob, probably someones lost/left him whilst out Ferreting,

he certainly is a Big F*cker though.

What about a ferretPolecat X have heard of it before..........Just trying to be uncontraversial

Swampy

Diplomatically Nining

It's not Dark enough for a Wild Polecat, it looks like any average Polecat Hob, probably someones lost/left him whilst out Ferreting,

What about a ferretPolecat X have heard of it before..........Just trying to be uncontraversial

Swampy

Diplomatically Nining

Quite possible. :yes: Poleys & ferrets interbreed freely when they are in the same areas.

Swampy

Diplomatically Nining

Quite possible. :yes: Poleys & ferrets interbreed freely when they are in the same areas.

Have heard of polecat/ferret X. Do mink breed with ferrets?

Or is it like with birds i.e Blackbirds don't bread with thrush?

Swampy

Curious Ning

I think we are all jumping on the bandwagon a bit here. The lad said he had his ferret in his hand so there was no chance of shooting his ferret and by the sound of it (whatever we eventually decide it was), it wasnt acting very 'domesticated'. Alot of folks would have shot it in the same situation as i probably would if i was doing ferreting for pest control as it would only be a potential danger to your ferret in the future if left (judging by the size of it i would imagine it could easily kill a jill). Of course there is the line of thought that it is doing the land owner a favour by predating on the rabbit population and of course if it is a true wild polecat then it would be illegal to kill it i believe. Just my opinion :victory:

I think we are all jumping on the bandwagon a bit here. The lad said he had his ferret in his hand so there was no chance of shooting his ferret and by the sound of it (whatever we eventually decide it was), it wasnt acting very 'domesticated'. Alot of folks would have shot it in the same situation as i probably would if i was doing ferreting for pest control as it would only be a potential danger to your ferret in the future if left (judging by the size of it i would imagine it could easily kill a jill). Of course there is the line of thought that it is doing the land owner a favour by predating on the rabbit population and of course if it is a true wild polecat then it would be illegal to kill it i believe. Just my opinion :victory:

I agree & as no one else was there to say one way or another what the animal was off this board lets just put it down to experience , before it gets totally silly & yet another pet worker debate