Nuttal strain

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Understood.but when a dog lets you down in company, its f*@kin embarassing makes it easy to get shot of that dog right? spose you've gotta draw the line somewhere though. As you said thats terriers for you.

my tuppence worth is, you can make you own excuses for your own dogs, when in your own company or in the company of your mates, then reality smacks you in the gob when the dog lets you down in front of strangers, all the excuses that you made to yourself, all the times you've put it to one side, ignored the fact that the dog isnt doing what it should be doing ... believe me, I've been there and done it, good thing for me is I have a mate that tells it like it is..

Bang on jack, thats what im saying, i've had it happen and it makes your mind up for you. good to have a mate like that, its not always easy cos you know how touchy some people are about their dogs, how are those poodles of yourn getting on? lol. :whistling:

Understood.but when a dog lets you down in company, its f*@kin embarassing makes it easy to get shot of that dog right? spose you've gotta draw the line somewhere though. As you said thats terriers for you.
W Edited by threbb

on a slightly diffrent note , i gave a good mate a black and tan dog some years back ,the lad was new into the game and was his very first dog ,with being new the lad was out every chance he got ,he worked this dog hard and nocked up about 85 digs with him/

one 16ft dig lasted 10 hrs and the dog never showed once , he was bang on the button every time ,the dog was dug in places were other people refused to put there dogs and allways came good

then one year down in wales he refused to enter ,his last dig was a good dig but this day he didnt want to go ,the next 2 times out he refused(not all the same day ) to and started to look like he binned it compleatly .not only my mate be all three of us were gutted on way home as this dog had been a very good dog up to now .

the discusion on the way home came to the conclusion of leaving the dog a full year off to see if was soming good would come of him .any way next season started and he was back had about 8 good digs to him so far and he like nothing had ever changed ,dont no why but i think the dog was just down on his health and wasnt up to it at the time ,not making excuses for him as this dog loves to be dug to and knows his job very well and is back doing what he loves to do with no reverse gear at all ,and the best thing about it i gave him away so the lad had somthing to go at :)

Edited by dog fox
What worries me is where they get shot of them.Do they do it right or do they pass them on? You could let a dog go for pet or whatever and find out in time they have bred it and another load of rubbish is back in the system.When the time comes you know it and you can pussyfoot around for months but in the end the job should be down to you to do it right or keep the dog on for another year to see if it comes right and the only one you can hurt by doing that is yourself.

its also not impossible for good dogs to throw a bad pup.

I have NUTTAL/BUCK pat's a very good proven old line bred originaly by another memer off here, To answer the original post yes these dogs will do anything you ask of them they are clever quick learners and fearless, the thing I have found is they are never wrong in marking a set, 100% every time, same if you use them bushing, I took some stick on here some time back when my bitch found some MINK on the river maun and did her job with the buggers in a fast flowing river, usual culprits :showoff: as if there dogs are gold medal swimmers :whistling: if you can find an old strain genuine pup you wont go wrong but remember you only get out of a dog what you put in :big_boss:

Interesting connectin there between Buck/Nuttall, anyone got any information on this link? Frank Buck's been dead close to 10yrs now and Max never carried the lines on.

Y.I.S Leeview

I have NUTTAL/BUCK pat's a very good proven old line bred originaly by another memer off here, To answer the original post yes these dogs will do anything you ask of them they are clever quick learners and fearless, the thing I have found is they are never wrong in marking a set, 100% every time, same if you use them bushing,

I love that sort of quote.. ;) 100% everytime.. bit of a bold statement, HOW DO YOU KNOW ?? how you know if your dog has walked passed an occupied earth, failed to find in an occupied earth ??? go on surprise me !!!

Ok then I will tell you if there aint nowt at home she cocks her leg and pisses on it ;) also I have been on this land for over 35 years this bitch, her mum her dad have never marked me or others false, I dont say this as a sales pitch when any pups come off this line they never need advertising
I have NUTTAL/BUCK pat's a very good proven old line bred originaly by another memer off here, To answer the original post yes these dogs will do anything you ask of them they are clever quick learners and fearless, the thing I have found is they are never wrong in marking a set, 100% every time, same if you use them bushing, I took some stick on here some time back when my bitch found some MINK on the river maun and did her job with the buggers in a fast flowing river, usual culprits :showoff: as if there dogs are gold medal swimmers :whistling: if you can find an old strain genuine pup you wont go wrong but remember you only get out of a dog what you put in :big_boss:

Interesting connectin there between Buck/Nuttall, anyone got any information on this link? Frank Buck's been dead close to 10yrs now and Max never carried the lines on.

Y.I.S Leeview

The pair came from Barnsley 12 years ago

Y.I.S Leeview

out of interest what lines does max have then??
I have NUTTAL/BUCK pat's a very good proven old line bred originaly by another memer off here, To answer the original post yes these dogs will do anything you ask of them they are clever quick learners and fearless, the thing I have found is they are never wrong in marking a set, 100% every time, same if you use them bushing,

I love that sort of quote.. ;) 100% everytime.. bit of a bold statement, HOW DO YOU KNOW ?? how you know if your dog has walked passed an occupied earth, failed to find in an occupied earth ??? go on surprise me !!!

Ok then I will tell you if there aint nowt at home she cocks her leg and pisses on it ;) also I have been on this land for over 35 years this bitch, her mum her dad have never marked me or others false, I dont say this as a sales pitch when any pups come off this line they never need advertising

AIN'T NOWT AT HOME SHE COCKS HER LEG AND PISSES, GREAT.WITH 35 YRS EXPERIENCE YOU'D KNOW A DOG COCKS IT'S LEG!. SO IF YOU USE THEM BUSHING DO THEY ONLY HUNT FOX? DO THEY HUNT RABBITS IN THE BUSH? AND I WOULD ALSO HAVE TO SAY THAT FOR THE DOGS YOU KEEP, SAYING THEY MARK 100% EVERYTIME IS A VERY BOLD STATEMENT. I WISH I HAD DOGS FROM A LINE THAT HAD NEVER LET ME DOWN IN 35 YRS. ANOTHER THING, IF YOU'VE KEPT THESE DOGS FOR SO LONG HOW CAN YOU SAY THEY ARE NUTTAL/BUCK?? UNLESS THEY CAME DIRECT FROM NUTTAL/BUCK BREEDINGS I WOULDN'T SAY THEY ARE THAT LINE. I'D SAY THEY ARE YOUR MATES LINE! TOO MANY PPL WANNA BUM THEIR DOGS UP SAYING THIS LINE AND THAT LINE. JMO.

mental...............pisses if theres f**k all there.......

What worries me is where they get shot of them.Do they do it right or do they pass them on? You could let a dog go for pet or whatever and find out in time they have bred it and another load of rubbish is back in the system.When the time comes you know it and you can pussyfoot around for months but in the end the job should be down to you to do it right or keep the dog on for another year to see if it comes right and the only one you can hurt by doing that is yourself.

its also not impossible for good dogs to throw a bad pup.

does your parents know your useing the internet.............. :clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper:

what happens when theres no piss left

what happens when theres no piss left

she send's him a text........... :yes: