Nuttal strain

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest manda
Has anyone had any practical experience with Brian Nuttal dogs. Do they find well? are they hard? easily entered etc. any comments from people with hands on

knowledge would be appreciated.

this is our nuttal pup will be ready this season. very game i dont have any worrys about him whatsoever, only going to be used on legal quarry (rats,rabbits)

IMG00176.jpg

IMG00172-1.jpg

Edited by manda
Has anyone had any practical experience with Brian Nuttal dogs. Do they find well? are they hard? easily entered etc. any comments from people with hands on

this is our nuttal pup will be ready this season. very game i dont have any worrys about him whatsoever, only going to be used on legal quarry (rats,rabbits)

IMG00176.jpg

IMG00172-1.jpg

Hello Manda, fine looking pup, could you add fox to your legal quarry list :icon_redface: i know its not for all of us but it is still legal to flush a fox to a gun and that little fella sure does look the part

atb

am saying fook all about the little red un's especially these days with the amount of anti's on here ;)

you know what, your probably right, its a great shame but i have just spent a little time reading various posts and there are a lot of very stupid questions being asked, here's a pic of my little fella, has some of nuttals stuff in his make up, very slow to get going but coming on well

atb

GJ

post-8257-1236682585_thumb.jpg

My mates got a nuttall bred bitch she is 1 of the best earth dogs ive ever seen shes game she finds and stays every time shes got so much gameness its unreal.

i have just lost a nuttall wheeler bitch very very game hard bitch

This is the only picture ive got of her at the moment

post-25667-1236692709_thumb.jpg

owned a couple of brians dogs (from brian not crossbred)both very good workers also sensible,would stay for days if need be,in my experiance they have to be held back,from about seven months onwards as they will self enter...unfortunatly one did at 9 months old, blocked it in got my shovel two hours later dug to two foxes,,thought could have ruined the dog some way,six months of age older tried him again,,,,no problems.the only strange thing about both of them was they did not trust strangers at all...i never take pictures,dont need to,but found one not very clear but not to bad.

IMG00176.jpg

IMG00172-1.jpg

Nice pup manda, but remember foxes are still legal quarry, dont let the thought police bully you into thinking otherwise. thanks for pic.

owned a couple of brians dogs (from brian not crossbred)both very good workers also sensible,would stay for days if need be,in my experiance they have to be held back,from about seven months onwards as they will self enter...unfortunatly one did at 9 months old, blocked it in got my shovel two hours later dug to two foxes,,thought could have ruined the dog some way,six months of age older tried him again,,,,no problems.the only strange thing about both of them was they did not trust strangers at all...i never take pictures,dont need to,but found one not very clear but not to bad.

Cheers runem, i know their reputation is top notch. just wondered if the strain was still throwing consistant workers.

Cheers runem, i know their reputation is top notch. just wondered if the strain was still throwing consistant workers.

well i havent had a bad one neither as anyone who i know(someone will disagree)i would suggest you visit BN he will be more than happy to show you his terriers.anything else you want to know pm me.
Guest ROUGH COATED
My mates got a nuttall bred bitch she is 1 of the best earth dogs ive ever seen shes game she finds and stays every time shes got so much gameness its unreal.

i have just lost a nuttall wheeler bitch very very game hard bitch

This is the only picture ive got of her at the moment

Here"s a better pic

post-28434-1236706481.jpg