first ever fox

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Took you a long time to come up with that one, haha

What ever happened the little white dog bud did it keep getting you some tackle?    That pic reminds me of the first fox we ever dug it was to my mates pet bow legged jack, we was proud as punc

Fair play, we all havto start somewhere, and most probably started by doing the very thing you did. Glad to hear you’re still at it, as a lot of young lads fall by the wayside and take up other hobbie

Posted Images

• 10 years later...
On 05/02/2009 at 18:29, lilvixen said:

Well done lads, nice fox. Just a note on the point of letting foxes run for another day. I take it you boys have read the hunting act and the people who are suggesting you let the fox run instead of killing it don't live in this country or are a bit naive. A lot of people worked hard to ensure that the use of terriers wasn't made illegal when the act came in, ensuring that foxes could be controlled to protect Game birds. That is the only legal way to use a terrier so how does letting it run help anybody? Everybody is entitled to their own opinion but why encourage young keen lads who are chuffed with their dog and their fox to break the law on an open forum?

Good luck with the next one!

I was 15 max in this thread I got some much grief off older so called terrier men for not letting it run I remember too this day it was riddled in mange and on a shoot what we had permission if I told the keeper I let a heavy vixen run he would kick me off the ground simple 

22 minutes ago, deeley24 said:

I was 15 max in this thread I got some much grief off older so called terrier men for not letting it run I remember too this day it was riddled in mange and on a shoot what we had permission if I told the keeper I let a heavy vixen run he would kick me off the ground simple 

Took you a long time to come up with that one, haha

• Like 1
  • Haha 14
On 04/02/2009 at 20:37, deeley24 said:

went out to day with 3 of my hunting pals for a mooch just local to see if we could find a fox or 2 we have been out a few times befor and never had anything. we got to the first wood and found a 3 holer dog never marked so moved on .got to the second and dog marked really well so collor on and nets on the holes there were about 5 good holes and a few rabbit holes in between dog went in and she was in for about 10 mins then out came a nice big vixen, its all of our first fox including the dog so all well buzzin fox was humanly kill :gunsmilie:

reece :victory:

post-29441-1233779944_thumb.jpg

Well done gents ?

• Like 2

What ever happened the little white dog bud did it keep getting you some tackle? 

That pic reminds me of the first fox we ever dug it was to my mates pet bow legged jack, we was proud as punch that day the 3 of us walking back talking  about how we was no longer ferreting lads we was terriermen now lol, out of the 3 of us I’m the only one that carried on with the terriers/hunting. that day will always stay in my memory forever.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, peterhunter86 said:

And looks like a housing estate not a shooting estate, they probably all got mange carrying it home, that's probably why it took so long to reply, they were all in qarintine 

About as funny as your lonely life my friend 

1 hour ago, Rat face said:

What ever happened the little white dog bud did it keep getting you some tackle? 

That pic reminds me of the first fox we ever dug it was to my mates pet bow legged jack, we was proud as punch that day the 3 of us walking back talking  about how we was no longer ferreting lads we was terriermen now lol, out of the 3 of us I’m the only one that carried on with the terriers/hunting. that day will always stay in my memory forever.

2 of us are still out hunting and fishing all the time I work on an estate in Shropshire just about too start on the eggs after the 1st, that Russel has sadly passed but yes she killed plenty of rats and dig too her plenty more times too she was a great bitch too grown up with she thought me a lot about dogs and ground work thanks for asking 

Edited by deeley24
  • Like 1

Fair play, we all havto start somewhere, and most probably started by doing the very thing you did. Glad to hear you’re still at it, as a lot of young lads fall by the wayside and take up other hobbies, only a very small percentage keep it going??

Edited by Rabbit Hunter
  • Like 4
1 hour ago, Rabbit Hunter said:

Fair play, we all havto start somewhere, and most probably started by doing the very thing you did. Glad to hear you’re still at it, as a lot of young lads fall by the wayside and take up other hobbies, only a very small percentage keep it going??

Cheers mate it’s something that will be with me till the day I die fishing shooting and dogs are my life thanks for the positive comment 

• Like 2