rabbit surplus

last year i was luck to get a good amount off rabbit shooting over 6or7 farmers

the problem is that there is only so many rabbits one man can eat.

a local pub wanted to put it on menu...is there any problem with me supplying them rabbit for the pub

help

a local pub wanted to put it on menu...is there any problem with me supplying them rabbit for the pub

help

My lad keeps a pub, and he has [locally sourced wild rabbit cooked in red wine ,served on a bed of winter roots,and rice] two portions from a rabbit,11quid a portion. The only problem he has ,is dodging me once a week when i drop 30/40 dressed,snared ,or ferreted rabbits.

help

My lad keeps a pub, and he has [locally sourced wild rabbit cooked in red wine ,served on a bed of winter roots,and rice] two portions from a rabbit,11quid a portion. The only problem he has ,is dodging me once a week when i drop 30/40 dressed,snared ,or ferreted rabbits.

This isn't just rabbit and rice, this is M&S (Micky and Son) rabbit and rice :D

Edited by Finkley

help

This is more complicated than you may think thanks to the EU and the Food Hygiene Regulations we had to adopt a few years back now, BASC etc will explain the legal position and help you get the certificate...best talk to them!!!

help

If some one at the pub you supply is ill, and it is traced back to your rabbit, then you are in deep S H 1 T if you have no certificates etc.

So, beware before you supply. As mentioned earlier on this site its all thank to the EU. The sooner we are out of it the better.

Rob.

I think theres a loop hole you might want to check up on. If game is supplied in an 'unprocessed' state (as in ungutted and not skinned) then you can supply as much as you like, then the chef/cook that has done all the relevant courses (they must of too work in a commercial Kitchen) can then process them himself.

Might be worth checking out?

Cheers

Luke.

I think theres a loop hole you might want to check up on. If game is supplied in an 'unprocessed' state (as in ungutted and not skinned) then you can supply as much as you like, then the chef/cook that has done all the relevant courses (they must of too work in a commercial Kitchen) can then process them himself.

Might be worth checking out?

Cheers

Luke.

Quite right,,,though you can gut them. We supply many hundreds each year both to game dealers/butchers and direct to eateries with no problems.

im sure summit was said on that bunch o kill it cook it eat it programs bout this.

i think it was rabbits they were talking bout , id have to watch again..

but there is a loophole or similar allowing you to supply to local hotels pubs etc.

dunnoe if the meat handling qualification you get with DSC level 1 would cover this....anyone???

paul w

Detail is important..you need to talk to someone like the BASC to 100% clarify the issue.

Loopholes are easy, driving at 35 miles an hour in a 30 MPH limit is illegal FULL STOP.

BUT the problems only occur if you get caught!!

:thumbs::thumbs: