are there black rabbits in england?

iv noticed some pictures of black rabbits on here and im just wondering are they in england? and where abouts? and are they when a house rabbit and a wild rabbit have "a special hug"? can some people put up some pictures of them up so i can have a better look if u get 1 up close

just curios

There have been a couple of posts on this subject, seems to be a fair few blackies about.

I have them on my permission, I see adults and little ones. They have jet black coats and it's a softer hair than the brown rabbits.

They seem to breed as readily as the others, I don't know if you need two black rabbits together, or if a black and brown mating can produce both?

I also see some that live in an embankment by the A38, about 2 miles from my shoot.

iv noticed some pictures of black rabbits on here and im just wondering are they in england? and where abouts? and are they when a house rabbit and a wild rabbit have "a special hug"? can some people put up some pictures of them up so i can have a better look if u get 1 up close

just curios

aii we,ve caught a few on the lamp in north yorkshire

I've had a few coloured rabbits as well, they are usually crosses between pet rabbits and wild but after a few seasons they normally only breed brown rabbits, i've only ever had 1 white rabbit with black eyes though and austwicke they taste exactly the same as normal coloured rabbits