Your favorite form of hunting

Guest mickyrichardson

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anything involving guns and dogs. I combine the two every morning, three dogs loose and me with a rifle, mainly rabbits for the dogs but they're quite into sitting under a tree waiting for me to "drop" summat :whistling:

Sea Trout fishing at night with rod and line (before anyone says anything) i've always regarded fishing as a form of hunting, others here may disagree.

Also love rough shooting specifically after woodcock.

Tight Lines

Aled

Just a little post to see what we all like best from hunting with lurchers to flying birds this is not a debate so lets not turn it into one :victory:

I like a nice daytime mooch with lurchers hunting up the reed beds/bracken, letting your dogs nose find the quarry i love it when a dog turns quickly on itself freezes stalking his quarry waiting for that right moment to come to strike it still in its seat i've been out with alot of dogs in my time and not every dog can do this :victory:

Thanks please put up your best form of hunting Cheers Micky :victory:

first light in the morning, heavy Dew, on the ground, walking with the dog a good COLLIE X doing his job, puts up the hare, first tight bend then the dog gets right down to the job another tight bend, the dog is working the hare he is working the hare from the movement of his shoulders bang, the job is done, carrys the hare back, to me, this is going to be a good morning, a couple of rabbits, after that, then another good course, this time about 6 bends but the same result, two hares, two rabbits, the jobs a good un, I done that for,so many years, with different, dogs collie x, NO LAMPS, no nets just natural skill from good dogs, on the heart of Scotlands national coursing grounds, and more, yes boys we had Freedom, for our dogs to course, and the craic was mighty, with good dog men, and I would have run my dogs against any in the country, all we wanted to see was a good dog do his job,but sadly now it is only memories, but happy ones, so HAPPY HUNTING TO ALL THANK YOU,