Wheaton bullterrier

Guest ROUGH COATED

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

post-268-1232897036_thumb.jpgPeter added the Sinead affix to all his wheatens Stabs, so if he called a dog Max, it would be Max Sinead for example. Peter Sinead was, as you know, the most successful trials dog of any breed. In those long discontinued trials there would be a majority of dogs that were lifted for being a bit rowdy, usually at the point of contact when a dog would snarl as he took hold. Of the dogs which were judged to have maintained contact for the whole six minutes without changing grip or giving out (noise), the judges picked out an outstanding performer to award the title of "dog of the day" to. It might be a dog that had taken a blt of punishment or one that had banked his game ( drawn all the way out) in under the time limit. At the end of the season the dog with the most "dog of the day" certs would be "dog of the year". Peter Sinead won Dog of the year three years in a row. So Peter would have bred the dog to a lot of his bitches and most of the line that he continued until his death, (hard to believe it's 20 years) would have Peter Sinead as an ancestor at least once.

Mac I never saw Brownlow Bob in the flesh. He was before my time.

Have a picture somewhere of the peter sinead dog which was stuffed if i remember.

Guest ROUGH COATED
post-268-1232897036_thumb.jpgPeter added the Sinead affix to all his wheatens Stabs, so if he called a dog Max, it would be Max Sinead for example. Peter Sinead was, as you know, the most successful trials dog of any breed. In those long discontinued trials there would be a majority of dogs that were lifted for being a bit rowdy, usually at the point of contact when a dog would snarl as he took hold. Of the dogs which were judged to have maintained contact for the whole six minutes without changing grip or giving out (noise), the judges picked out an outstanding performer to award the title of "dog of the day" to. It might be a dog that had taken a blt of punishment or one that had banked his game ( drawn all the way out) in under the time limit. At the end of the season the dog with the most "dog of the day" certs would be "dog of the year". Peter Sinead won Dog of the year three years in a row. So Peter would have bred the dog to a lot of his bitches and most of the line that he continued until his death, (hard to believe it's 20 years) would have Peter Sinead as an ancestor at least once.

Mac I never saw Brownlow Bob in the flesh. He was before my time.

Good man bolio!! good information nice to hear the history of the trials very good pics ,do you no the date these were taken all the best.

Rumour has it a well known DEALER in Ireland breeds this x.There is EBT in a lot of wheaten lines.I seen a treacherous 23"wheatenxbull working it was ok and treacherous with other dogs and humans.It looked like a big heavy wheaten.

Why would they do this X?My bets are that the wheaten line was deteriorating.OMO

Stabs was that pic staffdogxwheaten bitch?The animal i seen which through to the wheaten type was vice versa.

Smoothdog over broken=smooth...........broken over smooth=broken????????

Nobody that i know would put a wheaten to an ebt the ebt is not a game dog(Ive tried plenty of them)They are put back to game staffs and are called Bull Wheatons

do you reckon? well i no for a fact that the english bull was put to the wheatons when i was a youngster my grandfather had them in his yard in waterford,they where bred for trials and i dont no where you get there not a game dog mate
I would like to see a picture of the Red hand bull terrier and his offspring if anyone could manage it that would be cool.

These are wise words i think also. You could swap the word drink for forum too.

I have a pic of the bull terrier you speak of, but f**ked if i can find it. Dont know any progeny that was of note. Maybe there was, i dont know.