It means there going to caution me when i walk in and interview on tape on allegation of poaching????

Did the dogs look like they had been worked hard when you were stopped from carrying on your walk by the keepers, even the coppers who attended would surely see & know by looking at your dogs if they had been worked that night

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It means there going to caution me when i walk in and interview on tape on allegation of poaching????

Did the dogs look like they had been worked hard when you were stopped from carrying on your walk by the keepers, even the coppers who attended would surely see & know by looking at your dogs if they had been worked that night

Sure he only went for a walk.... why did you bring the lamp with you on the walk is what has me puzzeled... even tho you could take 50 lamps still does not give them the right to take it....

your worse for waiting with the keepers and even worse for handing over the lamp... i know a lad who handed over a staff to the coppers til he could prove it was his dog... in he went with the paper work... and no dog... so keep a record of f*****g everything for the fuckers..

i may be wrong so i may stand corrected on this........if you were not on the keepers land they had no right to detain you and make you wait for the police. they have no right to ask your name or address either. neither can they search you or your car/van. if you were on their land, you still could have made off, because they are not allowed to touch you physically that obstructs you from leaving the land and in effect 'making you trespass'. if they shout warnings 'get off my land' and you leg it they can't do anything. trespass is a civil matter not police. the police are allowed to search you however. although what they re going to prove by taking your lamp god knows.......but they can seize whateva they like. 'under caution' means be careful what you say, don't incriminate yourself, take the solicitor with you.....good luck

may all be dealt with when you read this, so hope it worked out ok

The dog was just walking on the lead he hadnt worked at!

And reason i had the lamp was i was out the night before and it was left in the back of the van!

Yes Tracy i think you have a good point,i cant wait to have a sit down with my solicitor about this,the keeper is well known and is up for assault in feb himself on a poacher so im gonna try my to piss this bloke off !

I can believe Terrier man they really are scum i had to lodge a compliant for them to return my calls!God knows how long there gonna try and keep my feking lamp!

ill let you know how i get on next week cheers!!!

The dog was just walking on the lead he hadnt worked at!

And reason i had the lamp was i was out the night before and it was left in the back of the van!

Yes Tracy i think you have a good point,i cant wait to have a sit down with my solicitor about this,the keeper is well known and is up for assault in feb himself on a poacher so im gonna try my to piss this bloke off !

I can believe Terrier man they really are scum i had to lodge a compliant for them to return my calls!God knows how long there gonna try and keep my feking lamp!

ill let you know how i get on next week cheers!!!

Your best bet if what you are saying is true , is to leave the keeper well alone after all they have a difficult enough job without people antagonising them.

After all you were on land that you did'nt have permission to be on, shining a light around with the type of dogs that you own and by your own admission you have been caught by the police before and then you talk about your solicitor in one post and in another you start talking about joining basc or sacs .S A C S incidently are subject to abit of in fighting that may well see the organisation implode .If all is well then you have nothing to worry about

I find this all very interesting. What right do they have to do that? Are they taking the piss?

I was walking home a few weeks ago, had my lamp in a rucksack, dog on lead, coated in mud, in my silly cammo gear ... just walking home down the road. Cops pulled up next to me, got a look, saw that I'm a woman and sped off.

So what, it's double standards? Can't be out lamping if I'm a chick I guess :laugh: To be honest I was relieved but then, I didn't have anything on me other than my dog, lamp, a very small lock blade and a load of mud ('cause I fell over on my face :icon_redface: ).

Hope you stick it to them fazza. Sounds a load of codswallop to me.

Im confused you said you where out walking the dog Why didn't you just walk round the keepers and walk away ?

Then the lamp was in the back of your van from the night before ??? They cant block you in on a public highway

Think i'd of been calling the police and creating a big stink you better no say or do anything without legal help mate be interesting to see how you get on

To honest if,back in my keepering days, I'd come across a chap with a lamp and lurcher strolling the lanes at stupid 0'clock at night I might well have thought it reasonable to ask questions especially if I'd had previous problems with poaching.

On the other hand;

If you are innocent do not under any circumstances allow them to "let you off" with a caution .Accepting a "caution" is an addmission of guilt. Tell em that You will not accept the "caution " and they will have to either charge you with a crime and take you to court or let you walk scott free ..with your lamp!

Ps I'm sure you are telling the truth but why did you have the lamp with lamp with you? . My own dogs are quite capable of having a piss in the dark !

Edited by comanche

Ha lurchergrrl !!! Sounds like you had an interesting night,but like you say i was in a similar situation and find myself on lumber!!!

I see what your saying alex but ive been kept at will,theatened with violence and lost my lamp all may be well soon but not at the mo!

and driving round feeding birds isnt my idea of a hard job but each to there own!

Yes you are right comanche the keeper told me to except a caution and id lose my lamp but id get more in fines if i didnt but ive done nothing wrong im not accepting anything! He did block me in and said he leather me if i got lippy with him and i know cos hes done it before!

Ha lurchergrrl !!! Sounds like you had an interesting night,but like you say i was in a similar situation and find myself on lumber!!!

I see what your saying alex but ive been kept at will,theatened with violence and lost my lamp all may be well soon but not at the mo!

and driving round feeding birds isnt my idea of a hard job but each to there own!

It's not all about driving around feeding birds it is a very difficult job with extremely long hours and for little money, but if you are in the right then dont accept a caution as has been said, and like comanche said his dogs can piss in the dark and so can mine on command without the use of a lamp

Yes you are right comanche the keeper told me to except a caution and id lose my lamp but id get more in fines if i didnt but ive done nothing wrong im not accepting anything! He did block me in and said he leather me if i got lippy with him and i know cos hes done it before!

Thats interesting, so the keepers already knew once the police arrived they would automatically take your lamp, no wonder you stayed put being given the threat of a leathering

Thats interesting, so the keepers already knew once the police arrived they would automatically take your lamp, no wonder you stayed put being given the threat of a leathering

it looks to me that you have been running the gountlet with these keepers what did you get aleathering for last time?