CATCHING IN THE COLD

Good post and some great action pics,i like to see what others are doing and how many their catching.

Ive had a chest freezer standing empty for 3 years cos ive never caught enough to fill it,think 7 rabbits is my biggest solo haul :icon_redface:

pleasures not went out of it as i still out alot its the type of guys who are in it now, alot diffrent to how i was brought up , on these comps they ask allsorts and say allsorts without going about it and trying it ,we had no comps no real teachers ,were here they catch a few game and think whalal , expert , no i like reading stories , ive had several people out and i mean a [bANNED TEXT] few ,years ago, stil do, have several out ,but i let them do the stories . and alot of them say lets see the pics , never took a camera once when im hard it, it, if somebody wanted to take camera well , its there shout ,i have photos but ach better for invited guests and well nowt much to say ,ach were all diffrent and look at things diffrently tiranog, when i go out its not always for camera shooting mate less seen better

that looks like a cracking day mate cant see as posting the final catch makes much differnce really its not like your boasting about anything which is what whin is getting at i think its a well written post with some great pics nice one! :clapper:

we had a day out today on a little place i have been saving untill the cover had died back a bit ... well we set off in freezing gales and a that horrible light rain that seems like nothing but gets you soaked to the skin and it stayed all day interspursed with sleet and and even colder wind ........

we started off on an open exposed bank and the rabbits just wernt happy to bolt and it took an age to get them moving ... we had about 10 out of here and decided to pick up and move on because at one stage the locater was registering 8 foot and i didnt fance digging ... it will save for another day ....

we then moved all of 50 yards into a nice open warren on a nice hillside field the rabbits were bolting better here but by hell could they shift across the short grass ... we had another 12 out of here and only covered part of it as we wanted to go across the small valley and try our luck over there '' this will be another spot to save for the future'' .........

well the place we finished off on was holding good numbers and we had another 20 odd off here in a short space of time and only managed to cover a 1/4 of it ... so i will leave this area to settle for a few weeks and and wait for a nice cold still frosty morning and then hit it hard ...........

finall tally for the day was 48 ... not bad considering the conditions we were ferreting in ..........

her are some pics ... the cameraman couldnt take many as the weather so bad .........

SETTING UP THE NETS ON A COLD WET DAY ..........

DSC_0008_edited-1.jpg

DSC_0005_edited-1.jpg

I EVEN HAD TO WEAR A SILLY HAT TO KEEP WARM ........

DSC_0013_edited-1.jpg

CHICKY LOOKING LIKE A BOSNIAN REFUGEE WITH HIS WEEKLY FOOD ALLOWANCE ........

DSC_0036_edited-1.jpg

THIS BUNNY WAS FLYING .........

DSC_0064_edited-1.jpg

BUT NOT QUITE QUICK ENOUGH FOR THE BLACK DEATH ..............

DSC_0024_edited-1.jpg

A NICE VIEW OF A TINY PART OF WHAT NEEDS FERRETING ........

DSC_0074_edited-1.jpg

THE END OF DAY PIC ..........

DSC_0082_edited-1.jpg

Good effort lads, enjoyable day and the dogs having a few runs, spot on.