alternative trout baits

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i went there prepared to get on the float but the starlight let me down. serves me right for not cracking it before i left, but like i said before, its not a mistake ill make again :yes: but we live and learn, and theres always next week. and as it goes i quite enjoyed robsons program, looked like a right laugh

If you're using rod and line, have you tried that powerbait? I've heard that It's good stuff. Never used It myself as It's about a fiver for a small tub :blink:

never even heard of it :no: although i read an article in the angling times about a new wonder bait that will never be made comercialy available. comes in about 5 different types, you test the water with a litmus paper or something and whatever is missing, theres a corresponding bait that lets off a signal that fish will home straight in on. you dont even need to fire out any freebies. it will never be made though as there isnt enough money in course fishing to make it viable. and to be honest i dont think that id buy it even if they did sell it as it would take away all need for skill, even for the limited amount that i have

That litmus paper stuff, Didn't makem have some of that ;) I know a few who really rate the power bait for trout. Come In paste or egg form. Loads on ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Berkley-PowerBait-Po...A1%7C240%3A1318 may be worth getting a tub for your next trip?

i might get some of that for a back up plan, dont sound bad and a fiver aint much although i didnt read how big the tub was

• 3 weeks later...

On the subject of poaching, seems some of you guys don't see the harm in taking a bit of sport off the back of someone elses hard work.

Heres a link to a post on this board http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/index...showtopic=77690

Whats his problem? its only a few nets and stuff. Not worth that much and the blokes that stole them probably couldn't afford their own. Why should they miss out on a bit of sport?

Is there a difference? I don't think so.