alternative trout baits

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bob,can you say hand-on-heart you have never once broken any form of law whatsoever :blink: if so you should be re-named saint-bob,I like to fish a £500 a day river,extortionate right?But thats what the riparian owners charge,how do they justify that price for a small beat?I see your a fly-fishing coach,maybe that prejudices and hardens your views slightly ;)

I certainly am a fly fishing instructor and day in and day out I see the devestating effect of poaching on our rivers and still waters both from lines and gill nets.

I live and work in the Countryside where I also see the horrible effects of rural crime on local businesses and familes.

Look, if someone is charging an extoriate amount for something tell them to f off and go and fish somewhere else?

They don't have to justify what they are charging to anyone because they are not providing a public service. They are a private organisation who are offering a product at a price. Take it or leave it.

I really don't understand why people think that just becuase something is expensive and they can't afford it somehow they have a right to steal it.

but you didnt answer the question bob have you ever broken a law,if you have im sure that law has effected someone just as much a someone taking a few rainbows from a fishery

how much you charge for your tuition bob , Chess needs a lesson :D only joking chess just noticed your browsing ;) iam going to have to root my old pics out gbob will have heart faliure :D

Your right Valley i do :) Got my heart set on a little freestone number in deepest darkest Cheshire :victory:

how much you charge for your tuition bob , Chess needs a lesson :D only joking chess just noticed your browsing ;) iam going to have to root my old pics out gbob will have heart faliure :D

Your right Valley i do :) Got my heart set on a little freestone number in deepest darkest Cheshire :victory:

funny that so do i :D

I have just been trying to find a correlation between your analogy bob,taking a fish or breaking and entering to steal a firearm,its a very tenuous link indeed,so Bob,every broken any laws whatsoever?Dropped litter?Put your foot down on the motorway?I wish I was so pious :angel: Not that I poach or anything,but neither do I preach :)

I am not trying to be saint like at all, like every other normal human I get done by speed cameras etc. I just want to try and make people understand that poaching harms peoples livleyhoods. Many fisheries employ young people in rural areas, often on minimum wage to help feed the fish and get the boats ready in the morning etc. These are not rich toffs, these are people who are trying to make a living doing hard graft. Poaching makes these jobs less sustainable.

I am not preaching, I am challenging an attitude that you think it is ok to steal peoples fish and trying to make you understand that it affects peoples lives and jobs. Simple as that.

You wouldn't break in to a gunshop to steal a rifle because you recognise it's totally unacceptable

Just like you recognise it's unacceptable to steal the rifle, I hope you can understand the gamekeeper/fishery managers point of view that it's unacceptable for people to steal the fish/game.

Best Regards

I have just been trying to find a correlation between your analogy bob,taking a fish or breaking and entering to steal a firearm,its a very tenuous link indeed,so Bob,every broken any laws whatsoever?Dropped litter?Put your foot down on the motorway?I wish I was so pious :angel: Not that I poach or anything,but neither do I preach :)

I am not trying to be saint like at all, like every other normal human I get done by speed cameras etc. I just want to try and make people understand that poaching harms peoples livleyhoods. Many fisheries employ young people in rural areas, often on minimum wage to help feed the fish and get the boats ready in the morning etc. These are not rich toffs, these are people who are trying to make a living doing hard graft. Poaching makes these jobs less sustainable.

I am not preaching, I am challenging an attitude that you think it is ok to steal peoples fish and trying to make you understand that it affects peoples lives and jobs. Simple as that.

You wouldn't break in to a gunshop to steal a rifle because you recognise it's totally unacceptable

Just like you recognise it's unacceptable to steal the rifle, I hope you can understand the gamekeeper/fishery managers point of view that it's unacceptable for people to steal the fish/game.

Best Regards

i stole a water pistol when i was 10 does that count 8)

Bob,can you say hand-on-heart you have never once broken any form of law whatsoever :blink: if so you should be re-named saint-bob,I like to fish a £500 a day river,extortionate right?But thats what the riparian owners charge,how do they justify that price for a small beat?I see your a fly-fishing coach,maybe that prejudices and hardens your views slightly ;)

I certainly am a fly fishing instructor and day in and day out I see the devestating effect of poaching on our rivers and still waters both from lines and gill nets.

I live and work in the Countryside where I also see the horrible effects of rural crime on local businesses and familes.

Look, if someone is charging an extoriate amount for something tell them to f off and go and fish somewhere else?

They don't have to justify what they are charging to anyone because they are not providing a public service. They are a private organisation who are offering a product at a price. Take it or leave it.

I really don't understand why people think that just becuase something is expensive and they can't afford it somehow they have a right to steal it.

but you didnt answer the question bob have you ever broken a law,if you have im sure that law has effected someone just as much a someone taking a few rainbows from a fishery

have you now :D:D:D:clapper: these trout are chess free iam affraid :D they told me today :D good touch thier tho chess lad :clapper::clapper:

Aaghh but Grasshopper your permission is my permission and vice versa :blink: Ever caught a blue trout Valley :icon_eek: I will lead you to the promised land, caught half a dozen last week, fight like stink and look like grilse :yes: Now when did you say you wanted to show me around your gaff :hmm:

Best Regards

Poaching harms peoples livelihoods?You have been flashed by a speed-camera?Friend of mine was killed by a speeding driver,left his two small kids without a father,see the link?Glass house,stones,dont throw,never pays to moralise unless your squeaky clean :blink:

Best Regards

Poaching harms peoples livelihoods?You have been flashed by a speed-camera?Friend of mine was killed by a speeding driver,left his two small kids without a father,see the link?Glass house,stones,dont throw,never pays to moralise unless your squeaky clean :blink:

check mate ;)

have you now :D:D:D:clapper: these trout are chess free iam affraid :D they told me today :D good touch thier tho chess lad :clapper::clapper:

Aaghh but Grasshopper your permission is my permission and vice versa :blink: Ever caught a blue trout Valley :icon_eek: I will lead you to the promised land, caught half a dozen last week, fight like stink and look like grilse :yes: Now when did you say you wanted to show me around your gaff :hmm:

I charge £800 + expenses + tips. Please wear a tie and expensive wellingtons or you won't be let on the water :D

I charge £800 + expenses + tips. Please wear a tie and expensive wellingtons or you won't be let on the water :D

800 does that include a free ride at the end of the day and the lotto numbers for the next draw :feck:

Blue trout valley are actually pink-trout in drag mate,very feminine,dont listen to those sweet syrupy murmerings,methinks chess has designs upon OUR stream valley,give him the GPS settings for the north pole or kabul or somewhere equally as interesting to a man of his fly-fishing expertise ;)

Scent,no hard feelings but stealing a water-pistol at the tender age of ten earns you an eternity stoking the fires of hades without remission :blink:

Blue trout valley are actually pink-trout in drag mate,very feminine,dont listen to those sweet syrupy murmerings,methinks chess has designs upon OUR stream valley,give him the GPS settings for the north pole or kabul or somewhere equally as interesting to a man of his fly-fishing expertise ;)

Scent,no hard feelings but stealing a water-pistol at the tender age of ten earns you an eternity stoking the fires of hades without remission :blink:

any chance of a loan of some silver to pay the boatman on the river styx :D