alternative trout baits

Everything has a consequence,you believe speeding is wrong and dangerous yet still you did it.................Why? :hmm:

Hi Makem,

Like I said I acknowledge that speeding is wrong t's dangerous. I did it because my car was doing 35 in a 30, momentary lapse of concentration - I deserved the point and the fines. No arguments

You are passionate in you belief that speeding is wrong because of your personal (and horrible ) experience with your friend.

Yet you seem to believe that stealing is perfectly acceptable???

Why do you think speeding is bad yet stealing is ok? That's what I can't get my head round.

Best Regards

I never said stealing was acceptable,your the one who was convicted of something,not me,dont try and shoulder your guilt off onto me :angel: Taking a fish has never killed anyone,how many people die a year due to speeders :blink:

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just been trying to find a correlation between your analogy bob,taking a fish or breaking and entering to steal a firearm,its a very tenuous link indeed,so Bob,every broken any laws whatsoever?Dropped litter?Put your foot down on the motorway?I wish I was so pious :angel: Not that I poach or anything,but neither do I preach :)

I am not trying to be saint like at all, like every other normal human I get done by speed cameras etc. I just want to try and make people understand that poaching harms peoples livleyhoods. Many fisheries employ young people in rural areas, often on minimum wage to help feed the fish and get the boats ready in the morning etc. These are not rich toffs, these are people who are trying to make a living doing hard graft. Poaching makes these jobs less sustainable.

I am not preaching, I am challenging an attitude that you think it is ok to steal peoples fish and trying to make you understand that it affects peoples lives and jobs. Simple as that.

You wouldn't break in to a gunshop to steal a rifle because you recognise it's totally unacceptable

Just like you recognise it's unacceptable to steal the rifle, I hope you can understand the gamekeeper/fishery managers point of view that it's unacceptable for people to steal the fish/game.

Best Regards

i stole a water pistol when i was 10 does that count 8)

wo! not a water pistol! how long you get for that? lol

how long? i got 3 feet with the first squirt
Do you still speed bob?2am,no one around,why not put your foot down,get home a little earlier on the empty roads,have you learn your lesson bob? :angel:

Hello,

No, I am as careful as I possibly can be when I drive because I understand that speeding is dangerous and wrong. Yep I got done for doing thirty five in a thirty and it's a fair cop. I deserved the points and the fine.

Like I said, I recognise that speeding is dangerous and that it has consequences.

Will you recognise that stealing is wrong and has consequences?

Best Regards,

defo got consequences [the rich looking after the rich]ie the judge was a salmon fisherman and i got caught with one salmon ,the judge gave me 3months .
I have just been trying to find a correlation between your analogy bob,taking a fish or breaking and entering to steal a firearm,its a very tenuous link indeed,so Bob,every broken any laws whatsoever?Dropped litter?Put your foot down on the motorway?I wish I was so pious :angel: Not that I poach or anything,but neither do I preach :)

I am not trying to be saint like at all, like every other normal human I get done by speed cameras etc. I just want to try and make people understand that poaching harms peoples livleyhoods. Many fisheries employ young people in rural areas, often on minimum wage to help feed the fish and get the boats ready in the morning etc. These are not rich toffs, these are people who are trying to make a living doing hard graft. Poaching makes these jobs less sustainable.

I am not preaching, I am challenging an attitude that you think it is ok to steal peoples fish and trying to make you understand that it affects peoples lives and jobs. Simple as that.

You wouldn't break in to a gunshop to steal a rifle because you recognise it's totally unacceptable

Just like you recognise it's unacceptable to steal the rifle, I hope you can understand the gamekeeper/fishery managers point of view that it's unacceptable for people to steal the fish/game.

Best Regards

i stole a water pistol when i was 10 does that count 8)

wo! not a water pistol! how long you get for that? lol

how long? i got 3 feet with the first squirt

:clapper:

Everything has a consequence,you believe speeding is wrong and dangerous yet still you did it.................Why? :hmm:

Hi Makem,

Like I said I acknowledge that speeding is wrong t's dangerous. I did it because my car was doing 35 in a 30, momentary lapse of concentration - I deserved the point and the fines. No arguments

You are passionate in you belief that speeding is wrong because of your personal (and horrible ) experience with your friend.

Yet you seem to believe that stealing is perfectly acceptable???

Why do you think speeding is bad yet stealing is ok? That's what I can't get my head round.

Best Regards

I never said stealing was acceptable,your the one who was convicted of something,not me,dont try and shoulder your guilt off onto me :angel: Taking a fish has never killed anyone,how many people die a year due to speeders :blink:

Hi Makem,

Poaching is stealing so if you are finally coming round to the fact it's not acceptle that's great.

I don't care what anyone does in their personal lives, what you do in your life is your business. The reason I have written these posts is just to challange the general attitute that poaching is somehow acceptble that many of the contributers have voiced, this is becuase I work in the fishery industry so I have a vested interest.

I not trying to shoulder any guilt! I just enjoy the debate!! The poacher and gamekeeper have been having this argument for hundreds of years and it always enjoyable to sit in the pub or in this case on a forum and listen to both sides of the argument.

I hope you can understand where I am coming from makem?

Cheers

I believe poaching is wrong. I understand the conceqeunces of poaching and what damage it does to the rural economy. Therefore i try my hardest to abide by the law and not to go poaching. Sadly, try as i might it dosent always go to plan.

SANY0176.jpg

IMG_3268.jpg

IMG_3563.jpg

IMG_3513.jpg

SANY0117.jpg

A quick lapse of concentration and look what happens.

:D:D:D mack thats you :D:D or is it me or it could be langley kingfisher come on its you isnt it :D;)

But you would have done better with a size 18 bloody butcher tied on to a 5lb tapered leader surley? :)

Maybe you could give Ferreter_joe some tuition grandad :) I am sure he would appreciate it :)

Well for a start I would suggest a good pair of tweeds or plus fours. And I am definitely not impressed by the head gear. May I suggest a dear stalker or tweed cap at the very least. Also it is customary to wear the club tie while on the water... :D

Maybe you could give Ferreter_joe some tuition grandad :) I am sure he would appreciate it :)

Well for a start I would suggest a good pair of tweeds or plus fours. And I am definitely not impressed by the head gear. May I suggest a dear stalker or tweed cap at the very least. Also it is customary to wear the club tie while on the water... :D

and what would your club tie read gbob :D

I don't have a club tie becuase I don't belong to a toffee nosed fly fishing club full of people who have more money than sense and haven't a clue about fishing!