I was there, I went up with the foxhounds.

I've been to Hyde Park rally '97

March '98

Countryside Marsh 2002

Brighton '04, I remember because I was on crutches the same reason that my mum wouldn't let me go to Parliament Sq,

Windsor Castle the night the ban was passed.

Whitehall on remembrance day (can't remember the year)

18/19th feb 2005 I was out hunting with the foxhounds and memorable (and emotional) days they were too.

I was set to go to the march that never was too.

The thing I loved about the march and the rally was that there was such a wide range of people there and speaking on the day and it was great to see the countryside represented in so many ways.

Edited by Missie

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was at the first 'gathering' (hardly a march) at Grassmere in the Lakes, can't remember the year.

.... Then the Hyde Park rally,

.... After that 1st March '98,

..... 22nd Sept '02

...... Chester racecourse (can't remember the year....'03?)

...... Brighton, was that '03? My memory is obscured by spending the rest of the day in the pub with some rather nice young hunting girls dressed as bunnys ( the Heffner type, anyone remember, they did make the national press?), very Port Out, Starboard Home, but great fun ;) .

Only blot on my copybook was Scotland....Bugger!!

YEH CAN NOT BEAT A GOOD POSH BINT EH BOSUN

ive been to them all. got arrested at hyde park ;)

Guest blackntan
I was at the first 'gathering' (hardly a march) at Grassmere in the Lakes, can't remember the year.

.... Then the Hyde Park rally,

.... After that 1st March '98,

..... 22nd Sept '02

...... Chester racecourse (can't remember the year....'03?)

...... Brighton, was that '03? My memory is obscured by spending the rest of the day in the pub with some rather nice young hunting girls dressed as bunnys ( the Heffner type, anyone remember, they did make the national press?), very Port Out, Starboard Home, but great fun ;) .

Only blot on my copybook was Scotland....Bugger!!

YEH CAN NOT BEAT A GOOD POSH BINT EH BOSUN

ive been to them all. got arrested at hyde park ;)

ANY ONE SEEN THE VID OF THE BLOND BIRD FIGHTING WITH THE COPPER OVER THE BARRICADE ID LIKE A PUP OUT OF HER :yes: IT WAS ON YOU TUBE BUT I CAN NOT FIND IT
I was there :thumbs: and we!! Scots got a special applause from our counterparts south of the border :clapper: we had pipers, a sea of saltires and lion rampants and I was also interviewed by the BBC and a Dutch tv station :icon_redface: I attended every march and rally I was asked to!!

My signature photo of Clarrie, Johnny Scott and myself was taken at Trafalgar Square after the Liberty and Livliehood march ;) my own view at the time was " Why are we doing this on a Sunday? we would have been more effectual marching on a weekday and closing London for the day!!"

It was!! and still is the largest peacefull march/demonstration London has ever seen, I still have my march pass's

Tom

GREAT DAY TOM I REMEMBER THE FRENCH WITH WITH THEIR HORNS BUT THE PEACEFULL MARCH WAS RUINED BY THE LONDON POLICE FORCE AND THERE HEAVY HANDED TACTICS , YOU ARE RIGHT WE SHOULD HAVE MARCHED ON A MONDAY OR FRIDAY AND BROUGHT THE SMOKE TO A STANDSTILL , THIS SHOULD BE DONE JUST BEFORE THE NEXT GENERAL ELECTION TO REMIND THE TORYS THEY HAVE MADE A PROMISE AND WE EXPECT THEM TO KEEP TO IT

Dont recall any trouble at all on the marches? it was very light hearted between the police and marchers. Think your getting confused with demonstrations over the reading of the Bill to ban Hunting

Y.I.S Leeview

Guest blackntan
I was there :thumbs: and we!! Scots got a special applause from our counterparts south of the border :clapper: we had pipers, a sea of saltires and lion rampants and I was also interviewed by the BBC and a Dutch tv station :icon_redface: I attended every march and rally I was asked to!!

My signature photo of Clarrie, Johnny Scott and myself was taken at Trafalgar Square after the Liberty and Livliehood march ;) my own view at the time was " Why are we doing this on a Sunday? we would have been more effectual marching on a weekday and closing London for the day!!"

It was!! and still is the largest peacefull march/demonstration London has ever seen, I still have my march pass's

Tom

GREAT DAY TOM I REMEMBER THE FRENCH WITH WITH THEIR HORNS BUT THE PEACEFULL MARCH WAS RUINED BY THE LONDON POLICE FORCE AND THERE HEAVY HANDED TACTICS , YOU ARE RIGHT WE SHOULD HAVE MARCHED ON A MONDAY OR FRIDAY AND BROUGHT THE SMOKE TO A STANDSTILL , THIS SHOULD BE DONE JUST BEFORE THE NEXT GENERAL ELECTION TO REMIND THE TORYS THEY HAVE MADE A PROMISE AND WE EXPECT THEM TO KEEP TO IT

Dont recall any trouble at all on the marches? it was very light hearted between the police and marchers. Think your getting confused with demonstrations over the reading of the Bill to ban Hunting

Y.I.S Leeview

WAS NOT A DEMONSTRATION IT WAS A MARCH UNTILL THE POLICE STARTED TO HIT PEOPLE WITH STICKS, YOUR MEMORY MUST BE BAD IT WAS THE BIGGEST OF ALL THE MARCHES ,OH AND THE POLICE WERE NOT THAT NICE IN BRIGHTON EITHER
Guest blackntan
You are thinking of the demo in Parliament Square in Sept '04. That is the only time that there has ever been any real clash with police during any of the countryside marches or demos.
not thinking of any thing i no when it was thanks , them dead horses in Brighton must have fell out of a space ship and twenty od arrests in hide park never happened , i went on every march and there was trouble in different degrees on all of them , even out side chester race course with the police videoing are cars vans etc , you all look thru rose coulerd glasses some times, the 04 march was organized by the moneysidealliance over 400,000 people were on it , the trouble in Parliament square was caused by the police it was filmed by news teams world wide ;)

I know that thank you very much and my glasses have no tint either! Brighton was after Parliament Sq and I know who dropped the horses and the calves cheers!!

20 arrests at Hyde park is barely nothing, yes there may have been some trouble at each but it pales in comparison to Parliament Sq! And I know it was stared by police, I probably had a better view than most at the time seeing as I watched it all live on Sky news because I was laid up after surgery for a bust leg.

Police videoing cars is something we put up with every weekend with the foxhound pack I follow, thats not trouble its just a bit of an annoyance.

Edited by Missie
Guest foxyjo.

Did the rally at Hyde Park, the march, the race course thing, declaration day, Bournemouth, Brighton, the march that never was and the parliment square one. Travelled to London to canvass for the Tories 3 times. Did a few unauthorised expeditions, that were enormous fun and gave vent to the inner rage!!

If you were there at the parliment square one, do you remember seeing a bumpkin curled up in a ball on the green outside that chapel place?!! That was me!!! :icon_redface: People thought I was drunk, but I was suffering with a grumbling (more like f*cking furious) appendix!!! I was in utter agony, but I did rouse myself when the trouble kicked off to go and "help" I didn't last long though... :(

I'm completely disillushioned with the countryside alliance, I was a member, and always had been until they made some piece of filth one of their heroes last year. However, no matter what they did or didn't do, they did organise us to attend these marches, and they were worth it alone. I think it's time they woke up again.