how you were introduced to hunting

well i started shooting a .177 when i was 6 shooting apples in my nans back yard.

then when i got older my uncle started taking me out shooting,ferreting and lamping and as i progressed i got a rat catcher and started shooting rats and birds and then i got into lamping and got a lurcher when i was 13.

beddi whippet apsolute beast lol but lost a leg :censored: so i gave him to my brother and since then there hasent been a day with out me not having a rifle and now i also have a ferret lol

so realy to answer the question my uncle got me into field sports lol

atb liam

p.s i also like fishing

Started going out lamping with my dad brothers and grandad at the age of about 5-7

Done hide shooting and picking up but cant remember most of it.

Then got my .410 and airrifle shooting rats crows and bunnys,

(I can still remember taking off my hat and stuffing it in my shoulder because i was so scared of the kick on the .410)

My grandad introduced me to his shoots and i have never looked back :D

I meet a man one day while i was out ferreting called Chris auldrige for Stafford good old boy know his stuff..... Had a good few season with and his dog's learning lamping bushing and coursing and thing's like that.... Then he moved down south some where so that was me not getting out as i never had dog's of my own.... So i got my self a lurcher and that was me.... few year later here i am with 2 lurcher's and a terrier.......

Atb T 7

come from farming background used to follow the local hunt from a young age, when my grandpa retired from farming he gave me his jr that he used for ratting when i was 14 many a few years ago that was got my own dogs now

Edited by scottishlass

suppose i shud say my piece seein as a starded this off ha.i was born into a big fishing background nd at 16 im the youngest ghillie in mt.juilet estate.always had a real passion for trout and salmon on the fly

sorta introduced myself into hunting,went shooting rabbits with my dads mate few times [bANNED TEXT] i was small n dat started me off but neva had a mentor as such, then bou 2 yrs ago got my frst air rifle,i got hooked on ferreting after hearing bout from local shooting men, and now iv 5 ferrets and hev bred off one this year.iv my first shotgun coming in bout a week(12gauge,yildz gamegun,over and under) now too.nd evry new fieldsport i look into i just become addicted to it.all stemed from being brought up with a love for the great outdoors :D

my dads friend had ferrets and wanted to go out ferreting and they took me and i always remmember him telling me to be as quite as a can lol a never was lol then a year or 2 later a said to myself i want ferrets then a got them :D

i will never look back best thing that ever happind to me if it wasent for hunting a would probs be out on the streets takein drugs,drinking ,mitw of had a baby lol

4 Yrs old and got taken out rabbiting in the dales around Malham, was a lot around then. Still remember looking out of the back window of the landrover, driving out of the back of Settle on our way there. Still think back everytime I travel on the same road.

Had a few rabbits that day, only had a lab then, but also got to shoot at shotgun for the first time, at 4 yrs old!

Tin can on the rock didn't stand a chance! (an older lad around 7yrs old who came with us missed!)

Old fellas laughed a lot!

That was my start, not moved on much since! :D