no more chicken for this one

went out foxing with beattie16 (tam) from this sight last friday night, arrived at one of his permissions that consists off 4 joined farms. lamping from the 4x4 we spotted 3 different foxes during the early part of the night but never got a shot at any ( all lampshy :censored: ) it was all we could do to get a glint of eye before they were off across the field. so tam said he had a small place to look next to our pheasant shoot where the owner had lost chickens to a fox recently. we were soon parked up calling above the house looking down on two open fields but no luck nothing showed then as we drove back down the hill to leave we noticed the sheep looking towards the wood on the field edge, lamp on and there was charlie heading up toward the chicken run. by the time i got out of the 4x4 he was trotting across the field so gave him a couple of inches in front of the chest and down he went. :thumbs: we sent bob the fox retriever to pick it as it was pi$$in down.

post-4783-1225824721_thumb.jpg

sorry photo isnt great my camera's shite. the run home wasnt as much fun with a very foxy smelling bobs head on my shoulder all the way home. :sick:

good shot ,that is a nice lab,guy in village has a nice leggy black version of it,was it easy to train yours to retrieve fox,and has anyone else got theirs to do it,the guy in my village sent his black one to retrieve an antler that a fallow cast right in front of him in the woods.

sadly the lab isnt mine, belongs to beattie16 but he was trained to roe as a stalking dog and the foxes just came naturally to him. dont think tam has lost a beast since bob was old enough to work and he's bloody handy on wet nights lamping. :D

Hiya lads. Thanks for the comments about the dog. He is 16 months old, fantastic on foxes and deer. Has tracked Silka and Roe., I've seen him jump a wall with a fox in his mouth, he likes nothing better than to give them a bit worry when out lamping - as long as they are dead. He comes everywhere with me and has never shown any hesitation in retrieving foxes and he gets plenty of practice.

He will not actually kill the fox but will not let them run away - he will hold them at bay but he has no hesitation in finishing off any wounded deer.

Foxhunter - you are more than welcome to come lamping with me and Brno17 as long as you promise not to laugh at Alan's shooting!! :):)

Beattie16

Hi Alan,

Love the pic , also lovely looking lab.Must get out sometime and see the dog in action retrieving. ;)

Hiya lads. Thanks for the comments about the dog. He is 16 months old, fantastic on foxes and deer. Has tracked Silka and Roe., I've seen him jump a wall with a fox in his mouth, he likes nothing better than to give them a bit worry when out lamping - as long as they are dead. He comes everywhere with me and has never shown any hesitation in retrieving foxes and he gets plenty of practice.

He will not actually kill the fox but will not let them run away - he will hold them at bay but he has no hesitation in finishing off any wounded deer.

Foxhunter - you are more than welcome to come lamping with me and Brno17 as long as you promise not to laugh at Alan's shooting!! :):)

Beattie16

Hi Alan,

Love the pic , also lovely looking lab.Must get out sometime and see the dog in action retrieving. ;)

:yes::yes:

thought better of you mark :feck: yes youre more than welcome to come out with us..............................................................................

................................................................................

sittin in the back with the stinkin dug :thumbs:

Beattie16

Hi Alan,

hi beattie what lines is he from cheers.

Beattie16

Hi Alan,

just dont go shining in peoples windows :D saves alot of hassle beatie the peeping tom