Checking a few earths

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

theres one deep chested plummer in the picture below the handsome bloke on the terrier man link, funny its not working as it owners is always harping on about working, whereas they point the finger at mine, yet its mine that are working , you have to laugh, anyhow jamie, didnt you have a keel chested dog, which bred keel chested dogs, not doing the breed any favours there.

If you are wanting gary glitter look no further than the epts

I would have said a ugly, skinny, spineless, tw*t myself tim :bad: ,you don't know when to shut up especially when you don't produce perfect pups every time yourself mate.Pratice what you preach and be nice now timmy,unity remember. :friends: :thumbs: :11:

sorry keeps we are a way of your original post but can i ask who it was that had the plummer tent at the midlands game fair ?

Zap I didnt go the midland, havent been for the past 2 years but some pics of my dogs were on the display boards, along with others from members of The Plummer Terrier Forum.

Fireman, there is a huge difference to acknowledging faults within the breed and addressing them rather than brushing them under the carpet and pretending they arent there. nothing is perfect(look in a mirror) and yes along the way the dogs have produced a few minor faults, thats why I have run a selective breeding programme for the past 10 years or more and have embraced the newblood rather than knock it, thus improving the quality, type , correctness , soundness and stability of the dogs along the way without losing natural instinct , which is not bad for a specky, ugly, skinny spineless twat , what have you contributed might I ask?

i.m not in any club for working plummers but i would have no problem saying that i'm not interested in KC reg and i would be happy to give my blessing to anyone that wants to go for registraton. i just have different priorities than them. and i would be happy to own my unregistered dogs with or without papers. this is one possible route for the working plummer enthusiasts that arnt into the KC. what do folk think. :)

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/sunsong/UK%20Teckel/ukteckel.htm

Its just another register which embraces using any blood and after 3 gens they are classed as pure, surely this is taking the very same route plummer did over 10 yrs ago, the only difference is we know what was put in then, who knows by going down that route what kind of faults will be introduced and doubled up on, but hey! its your party, go for it :clapper:

There are still a number of issues which need addressing jamie, the pure 'bred' vandal lines brought with it an attitude which has been passed on in a small % of his pups, but certainly far from all of them, they make superb workers and have no problem with 'staying', I certainly wouldnt recommend them as pets unless they had been brought up in a home environment, the new blood does tone it down greatly, but its a devoping breed and there will be things manifest which need addressing - We address them.

I only heard last week of another pure blood fight with the dog killing a terrier in a kennel fight, you know yourself and its historical that plummers are not stable in their temprement, I read about it in the early 90's, and its still gong on today, but these dogs are a minority and we have three of the nicest studs you could ever wish to see temprement wise, who pass on this laid back attitude which we like and are encouraging within our dogs- the good thing is they still maintain their instinct

From nearly 8 to 4 yrs why? and yes all have seen work, one did a couple of season in hunt service. All are new blood, we have a few young dogs we have run on who have started this year, two 'pure' one new blood , lets see how these get on - again showing promise , temprement included (jamie).

From nearly 8 to 4 yrs why? and yes all have seen work, one did a couple of season in hunt service. All are new blood, we have a few young dogs we have run on who have started this year, two 'pure' one new blood , lets see how these get on - again showing promise , temprement included (jamie).

Thanks for 2nd guessing my next question, how much work had they done. The one that was in hunt service, did it see much? What were the reports back on his style at work etc.