out for a stroll

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they're going to get skinnier this month on because we starting our wednesdays as well as the weekends

You Show OFF (lol) :clapper:

Dave

to tell you the truth dave,i have been feeding the hounds on butchers waste,its clean and easy and very little waste, the only draw back is the weight the hounds keep on as well as the terriers,i'm only feeding them 3 days a week because they're getting fat just looking at it,at the start of the season they were a bit lethargic, now in november they are going well,i don't like to see thin hounds, some people think they run better but i've seen them fading by the afternoon,yet the ones carrying a bit of weight hunting into the evening.one hunt we started at 10 o clock by 4 o clock we had 6 foxes, on the way back to the van we had missed a small cover in the morning, hounds rose a fox and run him to ground by 5 o clock,entered a terrier had a mark and dispatched the fox,only to find out there was another one in there,3 hours later and as many miles we caught up with them,it was a christmas time and they were singing hark the herald angel in the local church,and 25 hounds hunted they're fox straight through the church yard,me and my mate peeping over the wall as the main doors opened and 2 people came out to see what was happening,they caught the fox not far from there,but did'nt i have a bollocking the next day,good memories good days

Sounds an excellent hunt Old Dog, Happy Days.

I know what you mean about the butchers waste, i feed mine waste chicken raw when i can get it, it puts them in great condition but they can run fat if given to much, my local butcher also minces all the waste left overs for me, it looks to have more fat content but dosnt seem to put the weight on them like the chicken, bet you need it delivering by the truck load with the hounds you have to feed, do you have help around the kennels as well as in the field.

Dave.

Sounds an excellent hunt Old Dog, Happy Days.

I know what you mean about the butchers waste, i feed mine waste chicken raw when i can get it, it puts them in great condition but they can run fat if given to much, my local butcher also minces all the waste left overs for me, it looks to have more fat content but dosnt seem to put the weight on them like the chicken, bet you need it delivering by the truck load with the hounds you have to feed, do you have help around the kennels as well as in the field.

Dave.

It's great now dave i only collect once a week on a friday,there was a time when i was collecting fallen stock i was out 3 day a week then skinning back at the kennels until late at night.my daughter and son-in -law help me with the kennels i would be in the shit otherwise it's suprising where the time goes when i'm over there.But when out hunting the terrierman always stays with me until the last hound is boxed

Sounds a profesional set up you have mate, good luck to you,

let us know how you get on over the week end.

Dave.

dave after reading some of these posts on here,it's taken me 20 years to know how lucky i 've been,i love my hunting there been people that stub me for shooting but i bet they have never had the hunting i have had over the country i have got (mounted or foot pack)i have got a good name with the farmers where ever i go ,and the following with the boys goes back over 20 years the hounds thats in kennels now,can hold they're own with any pack,but the best thing about it is we are all enjoying,that's not saying that the hounds before where not doing the same job.We in a good place this weekend and i 'll put some more photo's up,johnny

i'll get some of the terriers for you mate,and some of a real welsh pack of hounds,that if you don't get in front of your hunting into the dark

Sounds a profesional set up you have mate, good luck to you,

let us know how you get on over the week end.

Dave.

dave after reading some of these posts on here,it's taken me 20 years to know how lucky i 've been,i love my hunting there been people that stub me for shooting but i bet they have never had the hunting i have had over the country i have got (mounted or foot pack)i have got a good name with the farmers where ever i go ,and the following with the boys goes back over 20 years the hounds thats in kennels now,can hold they're own with any pack,but the best thing about it is we are all enjoying,that's not saying that the hounds before where not doing the same job.We in a good place this weekend and i 'll put some more photo's up,johnny

i'll get some of the terriers for you mate,and some of a real welsh pack of hounds,that if you don't get in front of your hunting into the dark

As promised boys was out today weather was terrible, found the first one, had a real good hunt, run him out of the valley up around the fields and back around into the valley again. All three first year hounds were at the start and the finish, well pleased. One of the boys shooting him going out of the valley. Found another one, weather had worsened by now, they still had a good hunt on him, and he was also shot going out over the fields. Next place was a marsh, had a good hunt in there for an hour but because the cover was so thick we just did not want to leave there. Hound hunted him around and around and eventually by running over old scent lost him down by a river, which he had tried to cross three times previously. Took a couple of photos for Johnny had one of my russels out today

post-19780-1226260045_thumb.jpgpost-19780-1226260064_thumb.jpg

Excellent to hear about all your days out. I went out with a few of my mates today they run 4 hound they are welsh/fell types and about 4 terriers the sent was crap but the old hound would not give up and he caught a nice dog fox in a thick piece of cover right in front on me. keep it up old dog and keep on putting your posts up there isn't enough on here about my favorite type of dog work hounds.

Excellent to hear about all your days out. I went out with a few of my mates today they run 4 hound they are welsh/fell types and about 4 terriers the sent was crap but the old hound would not give up and he caught a nice dog fox in a thick piece of cover right in front on me. keep it up old dog and keep on putting your posts up there isn't enough on here about my favorite type of dog work hounds.

spindolero, yes hunt from whitland right up to preselli's and across to boncath,I also took some photo's of 2 pups for next seasonpost-19780-1226264993_thumb.jpgpost-19780-1226265011_thumb.jpg

Cheers Old Dog. I had a look at a lurcher (pointer x) that was for sale round there. Turned out the farmer selling it knew a few of my relatives (i am from bit further on)

Nice fella, not many round like him now.

he said there was a foot pack from Neath way that came down, spoke highly, said was a great day out.

Cheers Old Dog. I had a look at a lurcher (pointer x) that was for sale round there. Turned out the farmer selling it knew a few of my relatives (i am from bit further on)

Nice fella, not many round like him now.

he said there was a foot pack from Neath way that came down, spoke highly, said was a great day out.

gareth is a great guy, known him for a long long time and a close friend,did you have a pup of him, the lurcher dog he used is my son-in -law's,he's one hell of a dog even now at 11 years old still hunting up and killing his quarry,even the bitch would kill foxes,one dog pup came back to neath turned out a useful dog

That's him, GR.

I didn't in the end, they were gettin on a year old and he'd not had time to bring them on as much as he wanted.

I had visions of slipping one and never seeing it again! Got a young wheaten x now.

You could see they had the makings of good dogs. The one he kept back looked a hell of an animal.

Was the sire of the pups a bull x ?