snare tampering

Guest jbswildlife

Guest jbswildlife

had 40 snares set out along a set of runs for last night. when i checked them this morning all of them had been tampered with but in a strange way. the tealer had been removed from the ground and pulled tight within the loop. does anyone know what they were trying to say with this. beats me. w**kers

had 40 snares set out along a set of runs for last night. when i checked them this morning all of them had been tampered with but in a strange way. the tealer had been removed from the ground and pulled tight within the loop. does anyone know what they were trying to say with this. beats me. w**kers

We used to get it with the 'clever' antis (I know, a contradiction in terms :tongue2: ) from time to time. They want to disrupt your activities, but do not want to be prosecuted for criminal damage or theft.

Set them again.........then sit out of sight and wait.........you will catch the culprit eventually......what you then do to them is up to you........I know what i'd do ;);););)

Thats what id do ,they may be tampering with them but there no stealing them some barstools lifting my traps

They could have cut them, I've had that. If you are working legally, then tell the land owner, and try to catch the culprit. A lot of folks don't like snares, and there is no doubt that they can be a cruel method of catching rabbits, BUT and it's a big but, they are legal. They are legal because rabbits can decimate crops, and snares set properly, are an efficient method of rabbit control. Be on top of the game. Read all the pinned articles by snareman and woodga. Use tealers made from 2.5 mm fence wire and paint the tealers with Vauxhall leaf green paint. The culprit won't see them then. Check at first light. Above all, go out of your way to be as humane and professional as you can. Respect your quarry, and reduce suffering to the very minimum. A lot of people don't know much about country things, and are brought up on Disney films, showing foxes and rabbits all being friends, etc. Hide the snares as you won't change their ideas, unless you can get them alone and "have a word". ;)

reset them and go and hide, then. sort them out . no more problems. job done. it worked for me a few times in the past.
reset them and go and hide, then. sort them out . no more problems. job done. it worked for me a few times in the past.

Knowing your reputation Snareman, I for one wouldn't be tampering with your snares. :notworthy: