Poped out tonight..

I got bored tonight ( bout 5pm) so i thought id go train the new ferret kits up :) so got all my gear together and went to a small set i knew. Tryed my albino she was reluctant to go down at first but after a little incouragement she went but was only working very shallow ? So thought aww she just needs someone with her so threw the sandy in aswell and she was also working very shallow and not bolting nothing. I new there was rabbits in there as i did alot of bushing near by and and 2 or 3 rabbits hit that set. So after half an hour or so of lettin them play in the holes they wudnt stay down for longer then 5 mins so i packed up my gear :(

Anyone got any tips or is it just cos its there first time out? anyway i took a few pics or my terrier and the ferrets just cos i was on my way home and got bored lol :)

post-17660-1223859028_thumb.jpg

post-17660-1223859048_thumb.jpg

post-17660-1223859077_thumb.jpg

if its their first time they wont know exactly what to do, after a couple of times theyll soon get the idea the rabbits are further down, just give them a chance to get into the swing of it...doubt itll be a problem long.

Guest little_lloyd

They will get the hang of it for sure,, Alough i think you will be better of entering them with two adult expereinced working ferrets to show them the game for the first couple of trips.

i just dont go ferreting if it rains or snows haha my permission is about 5 mins walk from my home so.. i made that on purpose so if im walking along and they scratching i can through a little treat over my shoulder and keep them quiet :) .. + i could easily cover it with something if i got caught short .. like my net bag or something.

And i know i never expected to get anything .. i knew they wernt going to work properly yet but ill keep at them theyll soon catch on haha ;)

Stick at it and they will become good im sure ,or you can try putting a older ferret down with them . For the first season every burrow i work with a young ferret i run a older jill threw it after i lift the youngsters to judge how the youngsters are working