For those in Bereavment

It seems a lot of folks are have lost their companions of late, which can be so saddening. Now Im not one for sympathy, but know first hand what a gutting feeling it is. In fact I was more upset at loosing my old springer collie cross (shep ) at 15 than I was when i family member died.

Anyway, during this time a good freind sent me poem which was a real 'tear jerker'......so seeing as Im feeling a tad sentimental this morning, I thought Id share it with you - - and hope its brings a bit of comfort to our friends who are currenty grieving.....

Do not stand at my grave and weep;

I am not there. I do not sleep.

I am a thousand winds that blow.

I am the diamond glints on snow.

I am the sunlight on ripened grain.

I am the gentle autumn rain.

When you awaken in the morning's hush

I am the swift uplifting rush

Of quiet birds in circled flight.

I am the soft stars that shine at night.

Do not stand at my grave and cry;

I am not there. I did not die.

Paul, someone sent that to me when my grandfather died, and i still have it today, (that was 12 years ago now). He brought me up, and I call him Dad, so I was devastated when he died.

I read about somebodys Grandmother on here the other day, and it reminded me of this poem. I think putting it up was a lovely gesture, and I'm sure will be much appreciated by anyone who's recently lost someone they love. :notworthy:

Very kind thoughts for you to share this Paul :thumbs:

Very nice, mom died 5years ago and my Dad last year, still miss them. Even me and the old man didnt get on, we were like to pit bull's having a go :wallbash: wish he was here now.

BIRD

Death is Nothing at all, i have only slipped away into the next room.

I am I, and You are You. Whatever we were to each other, that we still are.

Call me by my own familiar name, speak to me in the easy way which you always used . Put no difference in your tone, wear no forced air of Solemnity or sorrow. Laugh as we always laughed at the little jokes we enjoyed together.

Let My Name be ever the Household word that it always was, let it be spoken without effort, without the trace of sorrow on it

Life means all that it ever meant. it is the same that it ever was; there is unbroken continuity

Why should i be out of Mind because I am out of sight? I am waiting for You for an interval, somewhere very near, just around the corner.......

All Is well.

R.I.P Chris His Collies

and all My past Lurchers

Beautiful. Apt and true. Thankyou for sharing that with us: I still get that lump in my guts when I remember some of my old but not forgotten heroes.

Its good to remember...but those few words dont haf hit home and make the eyes well up.....

nice one mate, pass the kleenex please someone