wheaton terriers

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a mate of mine has a pit cross wheaton from tom parr in ireland dogs a fair animal ill try and get a few pictures up

i seen a programme with that man in it. long time ago now.

What would you want a PitXWheaten for. Whats the theory behind crossing them? Trying to make a wheaten gamer?? i remember their was cases of boys in the north crossing english bulls/staffs into wheatens, but the were silent workers. most pits i seen got better vocal range than PAVAROTTI. Make a Wheaten taller for crossing into greyhounds????

a mate of mine has a pit cross wheaton from tom parr in ireland dogs a fair animal ill try and get a few pictures up

i seen a programme with that man in it. long time ago now.

What would you want a PitXWheaten for. Whats the theory behind crossing them? Trying to make a wheaten gamer?? i remember their was cases of boys in the north crossing english bulls/staffs into wheatens, but the were silent workers. most pits i seen got better vocal range than PAVAROTTI. Make a Wheaten taller for crossing into greyhounds????

yes know a lot of englishbull/staff put to wheatens along time ago very silent but that was what you wanted seen these dogs work very very handy still some of the same blood around up north when i go home still see some but kept very low profile now

hello lads,very nice looking wheatons, i have met two people in Ireland over the years that had working wheatons,the first was a taxi driver,he lived in the raheny area,had some top class working wheatons when badgering was legal,the second guy i met was from the Cork area,he had some lovely workers,all line bred for the last 20 years,can t think what his name was but maybe some of you lads in Cork might know of him,

We do indeed.... :victory:

hello lads,very nice looking wheatons, i have met two people in Ireland over the years that had working wheatons,the first was a taxi driver,he lived in the raheny area,had some top class working wheatons when badgering was legal,the second guy i met was from the Cork area,he had some lovely workers,all line bred for the last 20 years,can t think what his name was but maybe some of you lads in Cork might know of him,

Taxi man wasent pip B by any chance

Nice looking lurcher there fella, i have always fancied that x myself but have never been able to find anyone with decent stuff, viewed 2 dogs that supposedly takes all, but i was less than impressed with both even when they were doubled up !

what size is it EAMON ?

Guest Eamon.Mc

He's just a pup, 14mnths old, stands about 26" tts. Very hard mouthed though, not really good if your'e looking bunnies or big bunnies to eat, gonna get him some real work this season, rabbits with flick knives I think!!!

Nice size, not really into the rabbits myself unless there are a few peas and carrots around it :rolleyes: met aguy from ireland a month or so ago at a local show, cant remember his name now, but he ran the terriers and lurcher show at cork, big ugly sod, he showed me some pics of his young wheaten x very similar in build.

Hope it goes well for your mate.