Exremely Conditioned Pitbull

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:clapper: great pictures

what is the single most factor in conditioning a dog and how much importance does food play would you say? also can food help recovery if a dog is injuried while hunting and apart from gameness what is the best quiltey for a dog to have (eg hard mouth strength etc)

My dogs are not conditioned its in there genetics to look like that, Lilbit is just a house dog. I take her out on a chain sometimes and took her walking twice to take some pics :victory:

if your dog is out of condition weight how long would it take to get it into that condition???
See above post^^^ :big_boss: Edited by Marty2008
Guest blackntan
What a load of jealous rubbish. Young bull breeds who are fed and exercised properly will muscle up fairly easily, got nowt to do with drugs.

post-24058-1223164975_thumb.jpg

Those who claim otherwise have either no idea about dogs and their health or have never gotten off their fat arses to walk their dogs :boredom:

GREAT LOOKING DOG MATE :thumbs:

allison do you really mean it?

i'm glad you(in UK) don't mix the apbt with the ancester working breeds you have there. i think you have gamer dog's than 60/70% of what call apbt of today(and the fault is in the mass production and reproduction of "cur" apbt's), i know that they aren't selected like the old days but for me weight pulling is not a method of selection by itself. Hard physical tests, prey tests(like wild boar and group bull herds or wild bulls, like the ones we use in bullfighting here in Iberian peninsula), stress test and sociability test could be a kind of method of selection.

I always was curious about old text about dog's from ireland and scotland that where called "pitdog's", weighted 12/15 kg and had harshers and smooth coats. they have been called "game to the bone" by many dogmen.

today, and i hope you can prevent sh!t like what happened to cocker spaniel world wide(today is a mix with the english and the american) that doesn't hunt anymore and his a petbull that likes to bite people. They had a very good nose in the old days.

i only like working breeds, whatever kind they are and what ever work they do, i respect them.

all my dog's work(sport,hunting,social events(schools, clinics, hospitals,etc)) and sometimes they are hurt or die doing so. but it's what they do!

this is my humble opinion.

best regards

Hey,

I do like both types of dogs. The working type and the weight pulling type. Some people are not into hunting with their dogs so maybe that is one reason why they put their dogs into weight pulling competitions. Yeah, definitely better for the dog to be worked. But at least these people are doing something with them and keeping them fit. Some people don't do a lot with their dogs and this breed need a lot of exercise or else they get bored.

Some dogs I must admit look like they have been starved. I do know that people do keep their weight down when they are showing them and I don't mean in KC shows. Stick them on tuna for a few weeks and see the weight drop off them. You can see their ribs sticking out and they think the dog looks fit. Yeah right.....

If you or anyone else knows of anyone that has a working Old Time Stafford then please let me know, as I would be very interested. I am looking for a suitable mate to put across my bitch. I lost her mother last year. Was gutted to loose her, as she was a great little hunting dog.

Ally

Hey,

I do like both types of dogs. The working type and the weight pulling type. Some people are not into hunting with their dogs so maybe that is one reason why they put their dogs into weight pulling competitions. Yeah, definitely better for the dog to be worked. But at least these people are doing something with them and keeping them fit. Some people don't do a lot with their dogs and this breed need a lot of exercise or else they get bored.

Some dogs I must admit look like they have been starved. I do know that people do keep their weight down when they are showing them and I don't mean in KC shows. Stick them on tuna for a few weeks and see the weight drop off them. You can see their ribs sticking out and they think the dog looks fit. Yeah right.....

If you or anyone else knows of anyone that has a working Old Time Stafford then please let me know, as I would be very interested. I am looking for a suitable mate to put across my bitch. I lost her mother last year. Was gutted to loose her, as she was a great little hunting dog.

Some fun photos of Lilbit...

ba90e6aa8a475c53dbd69b04e0161_4201.jpg

948df1c5f31722efee2c66d7208c2_4301.jpg

99ae02e46a0d4edb90a9670fc8cfa_4301.jpg

3cf4263e913d6efeb262bc293a344_4201.jpg

1aa7feedeae14c298cd737d542f45_1801.jpg

c495b83b58af33fe561c8272743f4_4301.jpg

ad3351f28ea9c1c575ad53968df0a_4301.jpg

Hope you enjoy :D

Ally

My dogs are not starved, they are fed twice a day two to three cups twice a day, I live in Ga USA and they don't need all the fat year round, it's like an over weight person... its not good for there health ;)

When a dog is starved the first thing that goes is the muscle notice this dog has plenty of it ;)

Edited by Marty2008
Hey,

Ally

There is a huge difference between a dog that has been starved and a well conditioned dog. A dog that has been starved would have a lot more than it's ribs you would see it's pelvic & scapula bones etc. They would have no muscle definition & their coats would be affected too. They look as if the life has been sucked out of them. A conditioned dog on the other hand is an athlete just like Bruce Lee, you can see his ribs but does that mean he starves himself? No, it just means that he has low body fat.

The dogs below don't have any resemblance to a conditioned dog. Both Lilbit & Thumper's gate crasher are both fine examples of apbts and I take my hat off to both of you.

animal_cruelty_starved.jpg

01.jpg

Edited by dalyjnr

sorry dalijnr, but this was not the point.

i can put some pics here that turn your gutts out!!! what's the matter can anyone have a conversation without looking into your belly bottoms?

frack!!!

allison, i like very much working with dog's but not all work is physical. a well balanced dog with good temperament is half way to a good outcome. i can have a great dog, full power ahead, extreme in physic attitude but without brains(intelligence and courage or "do or die" motive) what you do with him?

What is the amount of stress applyed to a dog when he is doing weight pulling? do you thinks it's the same when bitting a 90 kg boar that is bitting the dog to or trying to spear him with is teeth?

how can you see all that in (only) weight pulling?

i went this weekend to a event for apbt's, this was only a sport event. A 400 metres run in a nearly 25% Uphill, a stand jump, going over a "paliçade" (wood wall with metre marks) and suspension while bitting. it was good, nice guys with some nice dog's. the dog that won did 12,7 seconds in the run, did 6,8 metres in the jump, did 2,95 at the wall and stayed suspended nearly 45 minutes. between those tests he was quiet has a mouse, not wasting his energy messing with another dog's. the owner likes him because he is a sofa pet!!!! this dog have everything to be a good working dog but it misses a good amount of stress and frustration.

This was the winner of the event

DSC04464.jpg

DSC04465.jpg

this is me(very tired) with a friend's bitch, this bitch when introduced to me was a round pigglet, she now has 15 kg and she is a very happy working dog. when we met this dog liked the sofa, never bite anything. in this event, and by work of the owner, she was a very good surprise, nothing that hard work won't break!

DSCN4577.jpg

8PROVAGAMENESSAPO094.jpg

it doesn't have to be very very thin, but with the proper weight to the dog bone "estructure". and better, the dog must feel well in that weight with more uppers peaks in performance than downer's. this only is achieved with hard work.

about the old tyme staffordshire bull terrier, i'm interested to know more about them. i've seen many in the net, but never saw one face to face. and i've some good things for them here where i live.

can you sent me some photos of your bitch?

about the tuna, try the sardines. one raw sardine for day. :victory:

This is my humble opinion.

best regards

Hey,

I was not saying that any of the pictures of the dogs looked liked they had been starved. Far from it as you can see some have great muscle tone. Loved the look of all of them. And really nice conditioned dogs. The point I was making is people think co's you can see a few ribs and not an ounce of fat the dog is fit........

I have seen it at shows. It is horrible they have no muscle tone or definition at all. It takes a lot to get a dog in top condition and I respect anyone that takes the time and effort to do this. One of the dogs I mentioned I lost last year her dad was a Grand Champion weight puller and he is still looking great for 15. And she was a great little working dog. Does not mean that these dogs that are used for weight pulling can't hunt does it?

Heshimus I have some pics up of the dogs up in my Album but will have to take some new ones of her as she is young in these. Send me a message with your email address and I will get some pics done this week when I am out with them.........

Like your dogs...... :-)

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

The majority of the public are so acclimatised to seeing dogs waddling down the high street looking like a mini hippo that when they see a dog in good condition they think its too thin and underweight.........................

The majority of the public are so acclimatised to seeing dogs waddling down the high street looking like a mini hippo that when they see a dog in good condition they think its too thin and underweight.........................

ye i here that often my answer is you( dont see any fat on a running dog)