• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't know exactly how deep this was, (before B&F) went of the box and more than 8.5 meters. took us 2 days.

Dug in steps, view from the top and from below

My last deep one.  

Posted Images

Guest whitser

about 10 or 11 feet were the deepest. but i have had smaller digs that were tougher cos of the soil was like stone.

we had a dig couple of years back up in monaghan, the poet kavanagh wasnt lying when he bemoaned the stony grey soil of monaghan. it was the hardest dig ever,literally inch by inch through slate and stone.

4.5 hours to dig 9 foot and it was my first ever dig torture i had blisters on my blisters

4.5 HOURS WHAT WERE YOU DIGGING WITH A SPOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i dont think 4.5 hours is dad considering what we were digging,smart arse :tongue2:

Edited by scent
Guest fell terrier

17ft with alblue of here his first dig with us and probably one he wont forget lol as for flatcap you are a bell end no matter what ever anybody puts up you have to comment what a wanker time to put up or shut up or are you an anti

17ft with alblue of here his first dig with us and probably one he wont forget lol as for flatcap you are a bell end no matter what ever anybody puts up you have to comment what a wanker time to put up or shut up or are you an anti

jasus thats some digging pal and as for flatcap hes as usefull as a left handed screw driver

Guest fell terrier

it wasnt that bad ground fairly good but the whole earth is deep through outnever found a spot less than 12ft in it a real test for a dog when ever we try the farm if there is nothing at home in any of the other earth you can guarantee he ll be in there odds on favourite whatever time of year good exsercise though ill take a photo of it next time we end up diggin it two or three times a year

Once had a 22 foot dig to a black bitch of mine.Dug down with a JCB the length of the boon 18 foot if I remember correctly,then had to go the rest by hand as it was on the side of a quarry.She had dropped down a kind of upside down funnel in the blasted rock,killed her Fox and couldn't get out.

Guest busterdog

18ft at Abbots bromley two shelfs in side three men digging , one throwing to the next who threw to the next who threw it out, but got to say lovley digging if not a bit dangerous becuase of the soft sandy soil. The other dig i had was at Sandbach "SAND" 40 ft but it was a deep dig on the side of a bank and we ended up taking all the bank away Fell and moorland came out took photo and pissed off WANKERS!!!! lost a f****n good russell bitch. :cry: PS before anyone goes to sandbach digging one word of warning neerly lost a good friend 10ft down sides started to crack my mate stood on shovel trying to get out when whoosh in it came , now we had the lad by the hand and he was buried too his chest but remember were the shovel was "he was stood on it "LUCKY b*****d.....

Edited by busterdog

Iv had some deep ones... the worste one of all would have bein the season before last ... dug down 8 and half foot or so and there was a shift about 5 ft... so had to re dig it all again... we had lamps out that night.. Deepest being about 14ft id say we know the ones to stay clear of tho :D