black teriers

Guest friedrice

If you had a map of densities of working terriers from what i ve seen the highest densities of workers are in Ireland,what i seen in England was a dissappointment .Now before yous all start shouting there ARE good dogs outside of Ireland BUT Europe and America where never traditionally known for workers and England is loosing the battle to maintain what they had.OMO Hope im wrong,oh and ill be out all night so don t go getting yourselves all annoyed. :whistling:

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you had a map of densities of working terriers from what i ve seen the highest densities of workers are in Ireland,what i seen in England was a dissappointment .Now before yous all start shouting there ARE good dogs outside of Ireland BUT Europe and America where never traditionally known for workers and England is loosing the battle to maintain what they had.OMO Hope im wrong,oh and ill be out all night so don t go getting yourselves all annoyed. :whistling:
Ok ..Have you always found it so?? I know Im nosey but am looking to find (new) blood :thumbs: Any pointers

Theres as much shite in Ireland as in england and seeing as Ireland is a lump smaller the crap must be tighter packed. :whistling::whistling:

NOT WANTING TO UPSET ANY ONE BUT I AGREE WITH FRIEDRICE THAT IT IS HARD TO FIND GENUINE WORKING BLACK LINES THESE DAYS. I HAVE TRIED AND WORKED SOME RUBBISH OVER THE LAST FEW YRS. IT IS MY OPINION THAT THE BLACK TERRIER IS GOING DOWN THE SAME ROAD AS THE BLACK & TAN/RED LAKELANDS.

SPIFF IF THE BEST DOGS ARE IN IRELAND WHY DO MOST TERRIERMEN IN IRELAND KEEP DOGS OR LINES THAT CAME FROM ENGLAND.

Guest dee mac

Theres as much shite in Ireland as in england and seeing as Ireland is a lump smaller the crap must be tighter packed. :whistling::whistling:

i know one thing for sure there s a lot of tightly packed crap on this forum

Guest friedrice
Whooooooooo theres a big fight started,MY BAD :whistling::big_boss: Barolo i notice you use the past tense there.Didn t say the best dogs where here,said highest densities :angel:

there are a lot in wales to spiff,dont forget the welsh dog men.could be that wales and ireland are so close to each other and only a ferry hop away?

Guest blackntan
well myselfe, i think most of the black terriers out there have died they're own death.just think most lines out there aint no good any more.

time to look back to the old lines, before the blacks came along ;) .

if ever i was to put myselfe in the shit this statement would do it :clapper:

thers always been black terriers

no there hasent mate :clapper: go on give me the year of the earliest ones you know of :clapper:

Black fells/patterdales/lakies (all the same dog) have been around for hundreds of years 1750 the earliest documented one seen in cumbria, i'd bet money on them being the oldest strain of terrier in this country. Joe Bowman had blacks & that was in the early 1900's. They certainly were around long before the money grabbers got hold of them.

If you look at the breed its the only one that hasn't really been exaggerated in its type, they are pretty consistent in ability as well.

well said sir
Guest blackntan
:laugh:
:laugh::laugh::laugh: i tried to fill the page with :laugh: it would not let me :laugh::laugh: ill pay your ferry flight [what ever please come over your better than frank carson :laugh::laugh: Edited by blackntan

when am i going just might need to book a few days off work.You keep blacks did i read somewhere B&T ,no matter what a coloured terriers a coloured terrier but again the densities off workers are in blacks AS A GOOD MATE OF FRIEDRICE TOLD MY MATE THE OTHER NIGHT,AND THIS MAN DOESN T KEEP BLACKS NORMALLY.

I THINK ALL WORKERS ARE GOING DOWN THE DRAIN AND /OR THE TEAMS OF FELLAS ARE PULLING IN THEIR SMALL RANKS AND KEEPING TIGHT AND CLOSE WHATS GOOD.JUST CAN T GO TO A ADS FOR FREE AND GET ONE UP TO SCRATCH NOWADAYS .

GENE POOL THING YOU THINK b&t????

ALL YOUS ENGLISH PLONKERS DON T MIND ME IM ON NEW MEDICATION,MY DA S ENGLISH YOU WANT TO HERE WHAT HE HAS TO LISTEN TO.

ANYWAY B&t GOING TO PROVE ME WRONG WITH HIS DOGS.

AND I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO IT :thumbs:

I WAS OUT WEEKEND WITH SOME FELLAS SPIFF THAT HAD SOME QUALITY BLACK DOGS. WE DUG TO A STRONG BLACK BITCH JUST UNDER THE 3 HOUR MARK, AND ALSO DUG A REAL NICE STRONG HEADED BLACK DOG TWICE ON SUNDAY. I HOPE TO GET A PUP IN THE FUTURE FROM THEM NO MATER WHAT COLOUR OR TYPE AS THEY ALSO HAD A CRACKING RED DOG THAT LOOKS LIKE IT HAS SEEN A LOT OF GAME.

Guest blackntan
when am i going just might need to book a few days off work.You keep blacks did i read somewhere B&T ,no matter what a coloured terriers a coloured terrier but again the densities off workers are in blacks AS A GOOD MATE OF FRIEDRICE TOLD MY MATE THE OTHER NIGHT,AND THIS MAN DOESN T KEEP BLACKS NORMALLY.

I THINK ALL WORKERS ARE GOING DOWN THE DRAIN AND /OR THE TEAMS OF FELLAS ARE PULLING IN THEIR SMALL RANKS AND KEEPING TIGHT AND CLOSE WHATS GOOD.JUST CAN T GO TO A ADS FOR FREE AND GET ONE UP TO SCRATCH NOWADAYS .

GENE POOL THING YOU THINK b&t????

ALL YOUS ENGLISH PLONKERS DON T MIND ME IM ON NEW MEDICATION,MY DA S ENGLISH YOU WANT TO HERE WHAT HE HAS TO LISTEN TO.

ANYWAY B&t GOING TO PROVE ME WRONG WITH HIS DOGS.

AND I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO IT :thumbs:

english plonkers, :laugh::laugh: ah well good job i have many good irish digging and cousing mates, i never invited you over for a digg just to make us laff your good entertainment, you must be kept out of the circut in ireland most irish lads talk sence when it come to dogs, by the way we been exporting terrier, hounds , lurchers over to ireland and vice verser for many years and a few to america were i asure you is a stong hold for digging dogs my mates wife in the states could probebley show you a few new tricks but then you have been there done that and got the T SHIRT READ KEN JAMES BOOK AND SEE THE PICTURE OF THE TERRIER ON THE FRONT IN THE 1800S MEN HUNT WITH DOGS ALL AROUND THE WORLD ALL WAYS HAVE ALL WAYS WILL JUST THEY DONT GO ON ABOUT % AND GENE POOLS

keep it coming thou pip as you have a cult following now :thumbs: