Border Terriers

With all due respect lads I hear a lot about Patterdales, Lakies and Russells. But what about the Border!

I was the same as most of you, I didn't go much on Borders. I bred Lakies (Middleton strain) for 30 years and still do, however 3 years ago I picked up a Border bitch (Levy Oates/Ray Walker) and what an excellent little bitch she is. She started early, and at 11 months old seen her first Fox (very shallow dig, so not to spoil her). She's gone from strength to strength and i've had some very good digs with her.

Would like to hear your opinions about what you think and experiences you've had with Borders.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A mate of mine has a good border bitch which we have dug on loads but for some reason he dont give her the credit she deserves and most of the time collars up one of his black bitches the only fault i would say the border bitch has is she is a little to hard for her own good

I keep working terriers, russells, fell and border types

had a bitch of Levi himself and she was alright,

but I gave her to a mate in Germany after I'd bred her to a borderdog,

I kept a bitch out of this breeding that is as good as gold,

but do you kow anyone who knew Levi and his dogs well that I could get in touch with

YIS, crossbreed

I had to travel over 300 miles to breed my Border bitch, if you look hard enough you will find a good stud dog.

But the same old thing, don't believe everything your told - pick a dog about 5 year old and just by looking at him, you'll know if the dogs any good. If your buying a pup, don't buy unless your sure there from working parents.

Hopefully this website will bring genuine working Border dogs to genuine working Border bitches.

Guest fell terrier

a mate of mine who is terrierman for the hodder valley had a dog from levi direct it was as good as you get very hard though to hard for a fox hunting man i spent two days rescuing this dog from the back of stocks reservoir in slaidburn on boxing day im afraid the show job has knackered the borders up not many good ens left im afraid this dog ended up being sold to a man from scotland for good money and as far as i believe ended up retired the yr after the dog was called rusty