bill brightmore

Guest fell terrier

Guest fell terrier

from what i can gather brightmore used a lot of stuff on his bitches and also bought in dogs and bitches and claimed they were his like most breeders all i can say is that most of the brightmore stuff ended up being very useful terriers in all circumstances

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This was the last Bill Brightmore Patterdale that I had and that's a young me in the background, this was around 1980. He gave it to me to breed from as the temperament was perfect and he worked well

Remember going up to bills a number of times back in the 80s it was like stepping back in time in side his place. Sadly missed full of knowledege of hunting and terriers and hounds which we are s

your right there p***y it would make a good book sadly the terrier of yesterday is in decline they are only kept by a mall band of brothers who still work hard and cull hard for an old guy he is still

Posted Images

Fell T not slanging anyone just thought you would have came back with some info by now as you are the man who started the thread. Did you get the picts you mentioned you were going to post.

Breeder I have been told about so called true Brightmore bred dogs only to find out that they had been bred down from some show winning black dog/s that had 1/8 or even less true Brightmore blood in them. The true stuff is very rare but they are out there if you know were to look. What was the name of the dog from 25yrs.

Fell T not slanging anyone just thought you would have came back with some info by now as you are the man who started the thread. Did you get the picts you mentioned you were going to post.

Breeder I have been told about so called true Brightmore bred dogs only to find out that they had been bred down from some show winning black dog/s that had 1/8 or even less true Brightmore blood in them. The true stuff is very rare but they are out there if you know were to look. What was the name of the dog from 25yrs.

I think the dog was called 'Billy', it was definitely from Bill himself, because I think the man who had the dog at the time was related to Bill.

I also used to have a little black fell bitch - an excellent fox bitch, I know that it came down through 'Billy' line.

I remember speaking to Gary Middleton, and he said that they both used to use eachother dogs, he said that their was a bit of Mr. Bray's stuff mixed in.

its getin hard on the sites to give opinions or say what you know about lines of terriers as when you doo people seem to wade in seemingly just for the sake of a row,its bad ,fell my old dog was from brightmoor lines a think a got him round 1980 area to me a would say he was more like a border lakeland stamp,a had this dog till he was 14 he worked up to 11 ish n evan at that age could sort a fox out,this dog was no mug in any company and was well know by some good digging men,a got the dog off my old mentor (joey horrocks) r i p ,another old diggin friend tred to buy this dog off me on many ocasions the late (paul blackledge) how the old dog was bred a dont know but as a say my owd digging teacher and mentor said he got him from brightmoor so that will doo me ,this was a great dog those who knew him know wish he was still here !!

Guest fell terrier

i have photos of all the older stuff used by george and the likes and it was more border than the black types of today tiger bill brightmore was first and foremost a police dog handler and had alsations a long time before he ever thought about keeping terriers it was george warrener that introduced him to terriers i have had this story from both mr and mrs george warrener on separate occasions why should they lie they are the neck end of 80 yr old now and will still tell you the same story if you was to ask them .any old terrier man that knew of bill will also back up that george and bill used to do all there digging together throughout our area along with the likes of tiny forsyte and ronny joel both know deceased i have spent hours looking through thousands of pictures of both george and bill in there hey day with more quarry than most dog men will ever see let alone work.

Guest fell terrier

what pictures would you like then mate what input have you on the subject bar havin a pop at people come on we are all waiting to hear cheers for making what was a good thread into another girly slap fest

Guest blackntan
what pictures would you like then mate what input have you on the subject bar havin a pop at people come on we are all waiting to hear cheers for making what was a good thread into another girly slap fest
foook them FT THE KNOCKERS ARE ALLWAYS OUT THERE , ID LIKE TO SEE THEM PHOTOS NEXT TIME AM UP PUT FOOOK ALL ON HERE YOU HAVE NOTHING TO PROVE , Edited by blackntan

tell me felly who I had a pop at. I posted to kick start this thread as I am interested in BBs dogs.. Lavrockhall, breeder as well as Tigerdogs have all posted about their BB bred dogs [thanks fellas], so you would agree that it has worked. I also enjoyed reading about GW at the start of your post, and was looking forward to seeing the picts but I suppose I will just have to wait for the book lol.. Turned the thread into another girly slap fest well that was you who did that as you are the only one crying.

Edited by Rover
Guest fell terrier

lets see your dogs then you have 5 posts and all them are havin a pop as for postin pictures on here not a chance my days are done postin on here there is a few lads on here that either have or have had dogs off me and so far no complaints some of the same lads have seen mine work what do i have to prove nothing