bill brightmore

Guest fell terrier

Guest fell terrier

your right there p***y it would make a good book sadly the terrier of yesterday is in decline they are only kept by a mall band of brothers who still work hard and cull hard for an old guy he is still all there and when i take the terriers round for him to have a look at or fetch him to look at some pups you can almost see it taking him back a few year i promised i would take him to lowther this year but due to weather and our lass having a new pup we did not make it but he is still up for a day out with the hounds (sat in my pick up)hope im still as well at his age

• Like 1

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This was the last Bill Brightmore Patterdale that I had and that's a young me in the background, this was around 1980. He gave it to me to breed from as the temperament was perfect and he worked well

Remember going up to bills a number of times back in the 80s it was like stepping back in time in side his place. Sadly missed full of knowledege of hunting and terriers and hounds which we are s

your right there p***y it would make a good book sadly the terrier of yesterday is in decline they are only kept by a mall band of brothers who still work hard and cull hard for an old guy he is still

Posted Images

Guest blackntan
your right there p***y it would make a good book sadly the terrier of yesterday is in decline they are only kept by a mall band of brothers who still work hard and cull hard for an old guy he is still all there and when i take the terriers round for him to have a look at or fetch him to look at some pups you can almost see it taking him back a few year i promised i would take him to lowther this year but due to weather and our lass having a new pup we did not make it but he is still up for a day out with the hounds (sat in my pick up)hope im still as well at his age
ubring him when you come out with us , id like to meet him :notworthy:
  • Like 1
Guest sticker

not many about now like george fell terrier ! look forward to reading stories of his. dont see many batty eared lookin terriers like them about now. all show crap now ! too many being bred for type rather than their ability in the ground, where a true terrier should be judged. whos that in the first pix with the white dog ?

Guest fell terrier

the first picture is of george as a lad with one of his best terriers gyp it would stay all day and george found this out on amny occassions i have the newspaper cuttings of a report were bill and george had been digging a fox in silverdale and the dog was to ground for a full week how many local papers would print that today in good light the first picture was one that the lancaster guardian took for there article both george and bill slept at the hole in between digging and blasting to get her out frank buck was present on the same dig

not many about now like george fell terrier ! look forward to reading stories of his. dont see many batty eared lookin terriers like them about now. all show crap now ! too many being bred for type rather than their ability in the ground, where a true terrier should be judged. whos that in the first pix with the white dog ?

so true sticker.

Edited by barolo
Guest fell terrier

i would think so mate as the types that i have picture of from days gone by are a bus ride away from the dogs of today i have pictures of some sogs that resemble dogs of today but a lot of them are like the prick eared dog from earlier in the thread there is one thing that hasnt changed in certain strains of the breed and that is working ability wether the men of old would be happy with the way they worked im not sure i can only speak from personalal experience i think changes in breeds are welcome providing that they are for the benefit of the worker and not for the cash unlike im afraid a lot of terriers of today george has commented on how grand mine look and that they were of a size he and the likes use to keep i would be interested to see what others with more experience on the strain think there is a few lads and a lass or two that keep this strain on here with a lot of knowledge lets hear your comments people

Guest sticker

so true sticker. Do you think Fell that there is an old and a modern type/line of Brightmore as there seems to be with the Nuttals?

i wouldnt say there is much of the old brightmore blood around barolo as there is like nuttall blood as nuttall bred alot and for ££££££££££. he was a peddlar. as far as i can see brightmore wasnt.

Edited by sticker
  • 1 month later...
you are the one mentioning the names of em all mate lets hear your side its an open discussion not a slanging match

I've just bred a bitch to a Middleton/Brightmore dog. Can you tell me if Brightmore used a lot of Barker and Wilkes stuff?

A black dog from Bill came down here about 25 years ago, he was a very hard dog and an excellent stud dog.

I spoke to Bill a few times on the phone, unfortunately I never met him - a great bloke.