HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

my ferrets live outside in a run and they shit at both ends of the run but one end is hard to get to to clean out so i would prefer if they only shit at one end. i tried putting their sleeping box down that end but they still shit next to their box.is there anything i can put down to discourage them from doing this?THANKS

Use a shovel the scrape it to where you can clear it up, they will crap where they like basically & you just have to work round them, if the corner they choose isnt easy to access thats why they do it, to wind you up :laugh::laugh:

Once theres a smell of crap there i reckon they will always try crapping there ,try bleaching it to remove the odour and rinse it down well and see how you get on mate

I have pipes leading down from the sleeping quarters to the runs below...they never crap under the exit of the tubes....I've moved the positions and its always the same, even if they used to soil that corner before.

My suggestion would be to put some kind of pipe, 125mm corrugated is good, suspended 12" over the corner you want to keep clean, and then take the other end to another corner and suspend in the same way. In theory that should stop it. It might be that mine dont because they have to go down the tube if they want access to the runs but it works for me.

Good luck.

G.

My 2 jills have just started to crap in the far corner of their court even tho i had put flexi-pipe there for them to play in.So i have put a tray in that corner for them so they now shit in two corners :icon_eek: this only started when i introduced them to the new kits :hmm: so i,ll agree with Comanche on that they are marking territory...the tray just makes it easier for their servant(me) to clean....

try moving the poo from the end you dont want them to poo to the end that you do, when you clean them out just leave some there and they might realise thats the end to go...how old are they?

2 adults 3 6week old kits.kits are probably the worst for shitting by house