ferret dry food

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Feck the dry food and the fly's..

Ferret's where put on this earth to eat meat.. :D ..

And that is what mine do and allway's will..they get a full bunnie one day and pigeon's the next with other stuff inbetween and they dont look too bad for it.. :victory: ..

Millet

I hate flys and dont like to see them buzzing about my court.So dry is always available.Fresh meat when the sun goes down.Maybe your ferts wear hats with corks tied to string. :icon_eek:

The other thing about dry is the price its far too dear i get my rabbits for free and my ferrets love them

I dont go over board on the dry maye.£15 for 15 kilo i think.Its high in all they need and its just something for them to fall back on.

it's funny how every aspect of ferret keeping, can get such a mixed reaction of replies, as to weather its good or bad to feed dry

I, like a lot of others, keep and feed dry as a fall back food for the ferts, I find it a useful suppliment, exspecially in the breeding season, when I feel its good to have food available 24/7 without the flies, I also tend to throw a handful of dry into the ferret box when going ferreting for the day, just as a bit of brekkie for them,

also its handy, if Im going to be out all afternoon and evening, rather than feeding meat in daylight and attracting the flies, dry can be put in, until my return

for those of us that keep large courts, I think its a godsend :thumbs:

i use petsathome ferret food, dont have any problems with that, i think its £5.50 for 10kg...the get plenty of raw chicken, turkey ect
£5.50 for 2kg up here mate, but ive found the ferrets look better on jwb. ie. shiney coats
i use petsathome ferret food, dont have any problems with that, i think its £5.50 for 10kg...the get plenty of raw chicken, turkey ect
£5.50 for 2kg up here mate, but ive found the ferrets look better on jwb. ie. shiney coats

yes mate i bought some yesterday and realised it was only 2 kg :fool:...i give mine a malt vitamin paste to give them a boost aswell

yes mate i bought some yesterday and realised it was only 2 kg :fool:...i give mine a malt vitamin paste to give them a boost aswell

deanflute you have pm

http://www.petsathome.com/find/keyword-is-...roduct-is-11486

is that the stuff just bought a bag today £5.40p

deanflute you have pm

:good:

I know dry food is convenient but surely convenient is not always best?

My neighbour 2 doors down feeds exclusively dry. He looks after his ferrets very well, they are housed in a large court about the same size as mine, always have fresh water etc.

He has two litter siblings to one of mine but you would never know it, his ferrets have a dry dull coat. They also empty the water bottles MUCH quicker, that can't be good constantly being thirsty? They also shite a LOT more than mine.

Mine are sleeker in appearance and have a very shiny coat and also seem much more lively.

What I'm trying to say is that the only difference in how they are kept is the food.

True you have to watch you don't leave the meat to go off in the summer but surely thats not a real problem?

I know dry food is convenient but surely convenient is not always best?

My neighbour 2 doors down feeds exclusively dry. He looks after his ferrets very well, they are housed in a large court about the same size as mine, always have fresh water etc.

He has two litter siblings to one of mine but you would never know it, his ferrets have a dry dull coat. They also empty the water bottles MUCH quicker, that can't be good constantly being thirsty? They also shite a LOT more than mine.

Mine are sleeker in appearance and have a very shiny coat and also seem much more lively.

What I'm trying to say is that the only difference in how they are kept is the food.

True you have to watch you don't leave the meat to go off in the summer but surely thats not a real problem?

i know what your saying but not everyone has a constant supply of meat, i know when i first got mine the lady who bred them gave me some dried food to put me on for a few days till i got myself sorted so i just carried on giving that to them, i tried to feed them soley on meat but it was costing me a fortune, so now they get a bit of both