Hi there everyone! Does anyone have experience of their Sako Quad not ejecting the fired round? I'm using Winchesters at present. After cleaning the barrel it works again, but surely it shouldn't be doing this? Does anyone have advice on the type of ammunition to use or if I should have the barrel checked/altered? Thanks!

hi mate had the same problem with the cci blazers i just put it down to the cheaper ammo im using winnie power points now and ive fired throgh about 300 rounds and had no problems i think its just a wearing in problem no worries .

liam

Had exactly the same with winchester .22 subs, clean barrel, ok, fire 5 rounds, sticking spent shells. switched to RWS, all ok! The winchesters appear to have some heavy wax on them, suspect this was causing the problem.

My cz .22 has started not ejecting the spent cases now, after a clean its ok, but soon starts not ejecting again, I'm using the winchester subs, but have never had any problems in the past.......

Hi there everyone! Does anyone have experience of their Sako Quad not ejecting the fired round? I'm using Winchesters at present. After cleaning the barrel it works again, but surely it shouldn't be doing this? Does anyone have advice on the type of ammunition to use or if I should have the barrel checked/altered? Thanks!

I had the same problem with my finnfire varmint, it's basically the same action, the problem started with cci subs and not being able to close the bolt, after emailing the cci manufacturer their reply was the finnfire has a tight match chamber and the lead and wax build up caused the problem, also because of the match chamber (low free bore,the area ahead of the bullet ogive in a rifle barrel to which there is no rifling) high velocity rimfire ammo should not be used, ie Stingers.

Winchester subs are inconsistant in the quantity of wax they have on them, mostly too much, occasionally leading to the problem in question, ie, not ejecting fired and live rounds. Unfortunately cleaning is the only answer. I am using Winnies at the moment and touch wood they are performing OK.

ATB.

I had a slightly different problem with Winnie subs in my CZ452. Seemed to start when I started the last pack of 50 out of a box of 500 that were manufactured in Australia I think.

Occasionally, if I try to eject an unspent round, it will jam in the breech, but seems ok at ejecting fired rounds.

Spoke to my local gunsmith and he said that winnies were very prone to slight size differences in the case, which had given some problems in CZ's in the past. My solution is obviously to just fire the round into the ground instead of trying to eject a live one until I start a new batch.

Due to start new batch next couple of weeks, so will try iot again at unloading unspent ones.

Rgds

MM

i cant see why cleaning the barrel has anything to do with it not ejecting the empty round ?

is the wax of the winny ammo clogging up the extractor ? try some different ammo and see how it is then :yes:

I think it must be the wax, because as soon as I clean it, it's fine. One time an unfired round was left in and there was no way the extractor could remove it. It was really tight. I had to use my knife to get it out. I'll try different ammo and see how it goes!

• 2 months later...