A cracking era for boxing was the Hagler,Hearns,Duran and Sugar Ray Leanard era,they seemed to fight each other every other month back then but nobody seemed to mind too much as you knew you were going to see worlds class fighter fighting a war...no pay per view or stupid over the top hype with these fights because these guys fighting sold the fights themselves.

Ive always liked the explosive fighters too, so guys like Nigel Benn,David Tua and Mike Tyson and the like were up there with my favourite fighters but as a few have already said i think there will be only one Ali :thumbs:

Same here :victory: No1 Ali Ali shuffle great :victory:

BIRD

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Randolph Turpin

why him wilky were you and he related? :tongue2: maybe he was a local lad?

i say that because he died young didnt he?? i didnt think he did a lot due to that fact maybe im wrong.

i did see some old footage of some of his fights he did look a tidy boxer :victory: very m watson like i thought.

edited to add i stand corrected i knew he,d had the title at some point beating sugar ray.....

supprised they havent made a film on him reading up on him,well worthy :victory:

Guest merlin

from old footage i like sugar ray robinson,the forerunner of ali's style.benn and eubank were great to watch.hatton is exciting as was tyson.calazaghe's record speaks for itself.julio ceasar chavez was immense,went undefeated for years

for me there's a lot of good boxers past and present my main ones would be tyson /benn/steve robinson/bradley pyrce/tony docertry/lennox lewis/steve sims/tony borge all are or were true boxers

Randolph Turpin

i say that because he died young didnt he?? i didnt think he did a lot due to that fact maybe im wrong.

i did see some old footage of some of his fights he did look a tidy boxer :victory: very m watson like i thought.

edited to add i stand corrected i knew he,d had the title at some point beating sugar ray.....

supprised they havent made a film on him reading up on him,well worthy :victory:

Good choice Wilky, he suffered terribly with depression Shot and his end was'nt good.

Kid Lewis

Robinson

Clay

Conteh

Sanchez

Tommy

Lennox

ORT, Nice choices too mate, liked Conteh, shame the arsehole hangers on bled him dry and f****d him up.

SHOT, glad you read up on him a bit, he was exceptional, but was under the influence of unsavoury sources, hence the Sugar Ray Robinson job.

Domestic level.....Billy Walker,Terry Spinks,Mark Kaylor,Nigel Benn,Charlie Magri....( but i suppose it could be said im slightly biased :D )

World level.....Joe Louis,Ali,Leonard........too many great fighters to list.

Edited by gnasher16
Guest ROOSTER
Domestic level.....Billy Walker,Terry Spinks,Mark Kaylor,Nigel Benn,Charlie Magri....( but i suppose it could be said im slightly biased :D )

World level.....Joe Louis,Ali,Leonard........too many great fighters to list.

prob the same plus ken bucannan and an amature from way back some may have heard or read about him he was called dick mctaggart.

Randolph Turpin

Good choice Wilky, he suffered terribly with depression Shot and his end was'nt good.

Kid Lewis

Robinson

Clay

Conteh

Sanchez

Tommy

Lennox

ORT, Nice choices too mate, liked Conteh, shame the arsehole hangers on bled him dry and f****d him up.

SHOT, glad you read up on him a bit, he was exceptional, but was under the influence of unsavoury sources, hence the Sugar Ray Robinson job.

Shot himself and his son if i remember right...all a bit strange...a bit like Freddie Mills

I rather like Barry McGuigan. (before his tv career). It was when i fisrt started to watch boxing he was at his prime, so i remeber him for that reason, plus the passion he showed..And me mum liked him.

:boxing:

Matt-

now whatch me get slated from the real fight fans

:(

Edited by mattydski