earthdogs & working terriers

How was the dog kept in its retirement?......

Was it well looked after like a legendary dog should be?

why ask the question jd ? he was kept whr he was always kept , well fed and watered, i know for a fact!!! that he was walked over the fields at least 3 times a week for 4 years up until his death smithy died aged 15 not a bad age for a working terrier ?

good to hear it......it was a good age for a working terrier.... :victory:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
Guest blackntan
Booth bred Smithy, or so he tried to say.LOL.

If it's true that Smithy is bred like they say then it's a breeding that clicked.

Testement that the breeding was good is that when his blood fell into the right hands and was then kept tight it stayed good.

There are more than a few good yards based on Smithy. Even now many years later.

A combination of good breeding by good breeders.

The mystery IMO is how such a good terrier changed hands more than once.

THE SAME BOOTH THAT CALLED KEVIN POWERS A LIAR ON HIS SITE SAID HE BRED SMIFFY :clapper::clapper::clapper:
Guest SPIFF
Booth bred Smithy, or so he tried to say.LOL.

If it's true that Smithy is bred like they say then it's a breeding that clicked.

Testement that the breeding was good is that when his blood fell into the right hands and was then kept tight it stayed good.

There are more than a few good yards based on Smithy. Even now many years later.

A combination of good breeding by good breeders.

The mystery IMO is how such a good terrier changed hands more than once.

once gouldy got him thats whr he stayed the dogs a bit of a legend i ask this question would he of been in differant hands ??? gouldys a larger than life charecter he made the dog what it was regarless of who bred him if gouldy had`nt got his hands on him he would have been just another working terrier end of !!! booth :wankerzo4: bred everthing that had a name to it did`nt he i heard story that he told some lads he had won the waterloo cup with one of his running dogs :whistling:

Would Gould be anything other than a dog dealer without Smithy???Thats the question.He was a good producer BUT there are better about now that are owned and have been owned by TERRIERMEN,and because theyr e not offered to all bitchs that enter the yard they are not national heroes :whistling:

Wouldnt say Smithy was the best dog to work that Ken owned, black or white.He had some serious white digging dogs.Way back.
don some that people would`nt have even heard of - to name a couple prince ,stormer, tornado , thunder ,blizzard , vixen, - ;) shall i carry on .. :whistling: Edited by the_stig

well done stig you earn the title of the number one authority on someone elses dogs names. :clapper: it seems this topic has turned into who knows more about the big names and there dogs names,iv been to a few shows in the past and spoken to a few lads and all they seem to mention is have you heard of him or i know so and so,its the same on here its pretty funny really,all that matters at the end of the day (to me anyway)is how my dog works,dont get me wrong i do enjoy seeing other peoples dogs do well and hearing of famous dogs at their work but its not a competition as to who knows more about someone else dogs, get a grip lads.