Puppy Litters & Rescue Lurchers

In my opinion, Kate, you are a trouble maker.

If I ran this site I would kick you off for starting trouble. Theres nothing wrong with having an opinion it just the way you have deliberately ruined this topic.

Mods, why do allow someone like this on here to cause trouble and instead you kick someone like jimbobsweeney off for doing nothing, just being his honest friendly self?

Edited by cúagusgiorraí

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of what Kate has to say is quite right, although he or she,s style of writing is perhaps not to everyones taste.

Why should people have rescue dogs foisted on them if they dont particularly want such a dog? Fine if you feel this type of animal is for you go for it however let others choose what they want, it isnt difficult !!! The statement about using emotive terms aswell is right "adoption", "guardian" etc is designed to break our resistance down and that of the general public so that it makes it easier to legislate against. Example : remember "SPEED" cameras, when was the last time you heard one of the jobsworths in authority call them that. They now call them "SAFETY" cameras, why???? because it brain washes the public into accepting them as something other than their real purpose which as we all should know is to extract even more money from the motorist. Live and let live, allow each to choose their own path to follow whether you agree or not, now is not the time to fight amongst ourselves, there are those who wait in the wings and take great heart from us doing so.!!!

Where does the name "Rescue Home" come from?

I'll give you a true example of what happened to me when I tried to "rescue" a lurcher in the local dog pound many years ago.

A man I knew in the village next to mine had a crackin' lurcher bitch,when he got sent to the slammer for netting the river his wife phoned the National Canine Defence League telling them to come and take the lurcher away.This they did.

When I found out a couple of days later I phoned the NCDL and asked if they had any lurchers in,"yes we do" was the answer.Then I asked if one was a fawn bitch from village X? "yes she is here".

To try and cut a long story short I went to the kennels to look at her,before I could see any of the dogs I had to fill in a questionaire,They then asked why I was interested in the lurcher and told me she would need plenty of excersize.

On telling them that I trained greyhounds and worked my lurcher that I had already their attitude changed dramatically,becoming all of a sudden hostile towards me.Sorry they said we don't have any lurchers in at the minute. :icon_eek: Funny how they had some there 40 minutes before.You can imagine how the conversation went from then on.

I was told in no uncertain terms that I wouldn't be a suitable person to rehome a dog. :icon_eek:

And why do you think that was?

This was what she said,We don't rehome dogs to working homes,we rescue them from working homes!

This was in the days of the Shooting News which I wrote to and it was in readers letters page,the regional director of the NCDL refuted my allegations saying they did not refuse to rehome to working homes.It turned out that numerous other working dog men had tried to rehome Labs,spaniels etc over the years and when it all came to light the regional director had to admit he'd lied.

So in other words the "rescue home" had refused some dogs the chance of a perfectly suitable home. :( Shame on them.

As you can imagine it left a sour taste in the mouth and I haven't been near there since.

Some rescues won't rehome to working homes. Many of the breed specific rescues who actually know the breed however will.

The rescue I deal with take ex track dogs straight from the trainers and rehome them but they also get some other breeds too. A lurcher I collected last year for being destructive went off to a great working home in Surrey where he is having a great time and doing very well. The home he has gone to is that of a well known lurcher judge apparently who does all sorts of work with their dogs.

A lot of what Kate has to say is quite right, although he or she,s style of writing is perhaps not to everyones taste.

Why should people have rescue dogs foisted on them if they dont particularly want such a dog? Fine if you feel this type of animal is for you go for it however let others choose what they want, it isnt difficult !!! The statement about using emotive terms aswell is right "adoption", "guardian" etc is designed to break our resistance down and that of the general public so that it makes it easier to legislate against. Example : remember "SPEED" cameras, when was the last time you heard one of the jobsworths in authority call them that. They now call them "SAFETY" cameras, why???? because it brain washes the public into accepting them as something other than their real purpose which as we all should know is to extract even more money from the motorist. Live and let live, allow each to choose their own path to follow whether you agree or not, now is not the time to fight amongst ourselves, there are those who wait in the wings and take great heart from us doing so.!!!

How many times does this need to be repeated before it gets through to people?? :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

and how many times do we have to repeat its not what your saying its HOW you are saying it :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

dont worry you wouldnt stand a snowballs chance in hell of meeting any of my criteria,and as for sipping tea with a little finger raised i prefer suppin bulmers [bANNED TEXT] my middle finger gently raised.not tryin to tell you anything(not that we have any chance of doing so anyway)but more advising you to an easier path through the world of us surfs and peasants and those less regal than your divine self.

That mutt is ****NOT**** AKC recognized!!!! Nor is or will be the "cockapoo,labradoodle,morky" or any other of the mutt/mongrels w/lying "cutsie-poo" labels,stuck on em by crooks just peddle their mongrel crap to the lazy,ignorant ,fad-following-fools.

"Where would we be w/out mongrels...?" how about NOT keep-deep in useless junk!

Yes,animals ARE property,though the ARs are trying to whittle that concept away by referring to"guardians"-not OWNERS-& using the "adoption" lie.

:clapper: What a peach!! Lurchers ARE mongrels. Just like the Labradoodle! I think you will find most folks mongrels on here are far from useless. Bred to do a job. Dogs breeding was originally 'altered' to allow them to do a specific job. And very few could now do that job they were bred for. Even the pure breeds - from whippies to cockers. The difference between working dogs and show dogs is huge. Working cocker types would be laughed out of a show ring, just as show cockers would never make the grade out in the field.

Am becoming more interested in what you breed? These dogs you have produced since '71, where are they all now?

And the adoption is not a lie - it is the protection of the dog for the rest of its living days. Well it is here in the UK :victory: If OWNERS had taken the responsibility for their dog in the first place, then rescues would be nill and void.

Im sure the members of this board will appreciate being referred to as "lazy,ignorant ,fad-following-fools"

Duh, "WEELY? Dey IS?"...the ONLY made on-purpose ,FOR a purpose....mongrels there are or should be. Though I've often wondered why nobody bothered to put forth the time,effort & dedication to make such a type breed-true. Could it be-gasp!-that NOT everybody wants the same thing???? Horrors....daring to be different,eh? The herd doesn't like that,you know.

EVERYTHING else is made by irresponsible boobs who are incapable of proper management or by outright crooks pure & simply to scam the gullible morons into thinking...er,imagining is more precise...that they've bought a miraculous new/improved "hybrid/designer-dog" breed,when all they've got is screwed into actually PAYING for a mutt!

Labradoodles are a high-priced(though not as much as they were & are being dumped too in large numbers when the buyers found out they were scammed) useless mutt. Nothing more. The nitwit who started such an atrosity ADMITTED it & STOPPED! Just the jump-on-the-bandwagon crooks continued.

Guess you never seen a quality Border work? Or a mini dachs.? A Cairn? Or a show-bred whippet take a fox solo? Or a Ch. & obedience & agility & edog & tracking titled Smooth Fox ditto? Hhhhmmmmmm,you've missed out.

I object strongly to the word "mongrel" to describe lurchers the bloodlines of my dogs are for want of a better word "purer" than the majority of so called pedigrees. Using two types of working dogs that have been relatively unchanged or diluted(Greyhound / Border/Beardie collie) by show crazed breeders who are after all only in it for the money. God forbid the Kennel Club ever recognises Lurchers as a breed

In my opinion, Kate, you are a trouble maker.

If I ran this site I would kick you off for starting trouble. Theres nothing wrong with having an opinion it just the way you have deliberately ruined this topic.

Mods, why do allow someone like this on here to cause trouble and instead you kick someone like jimbobsweeney off for doing nothing, just being his honest friendly self?

What he said! Kate the Trout is obviously just doing his/her/it's level best to wind everyone up. Poor ol' jimbob was just a silly laugh. Kate is a good ol' fashioned trouble maker.

ive got to the stage where i dont really give a shit wether i get chucked of or not so im going to say what i really think.come down to sunny kent kate and i will show you how to make you piss .never before have i come across a more ignorant, rude ,stuck up,piss taking old shit arse.i may not be able to distinguish between serf and surf but i can distinguish between a decent human being and an old sour trout who hasnt even got the decency to accept that she talks to people like shit.AGAIN I DONT WANT YOU TO ACCEPT ANYTHING FROM ME JUST TRY AND TREAT THE PEOPLE ON HERE WITH A BIT OF f*****g RESPECT AND YOU MIGHT EARN SOME BACK SURELY IT DOES NOT TAKE A f*****g GENIUS TO WORK THAT OUT.IF I DO HAPPEN TO BE EXCLUDED FROM THIS SITE I WOULD LIKE TO THANK THE DECENT FOLK ON HERE FOR SOME INTERESTING AND INFORMATIVE DESCUSSIONS. LONG LIVE JIMBOBSWEENEY :victory:

All this page after page of snarling slavering screaming personal attacks because I won't submissive-piss to you?

:icon_eek: That is downright disgusting :clapper: Carry on Trouty, you're giving me a good laugh now :victory:

I GET NO PLEASURE WHATSOEVER IN ABUSING OR EVEN CONVERSING WITH IDIOTS LIKE YOU,UP UNTIL YOU REARED YOUR UGLY HEAD THIS SITE WAS PLEASURABLE,GET THE MESSAGE KATE YOUR IGNORANT SELF CENTRED POSTS HAVE SHOWED EXACTLY THE SORT OF PERSON YOU ARE.AND WELL DONE YOU HAVE ACHIEVED IN LOWERING YOURSELF TO MY LEVEL ,PRETTY STUPID FOR SOMEONE WHO THINKS THEMSELVES SO SUPERIOR.

All this page after page of snarling slavering screaming personal attacks because I won't submissive-piss to you?

:icon_eek: That is downright disgusting :clapper: Carry on Trouty, you're giving me a good laugh now :victory:

As has been EVERYTHING I've posted(not withstanding the extremely bizarre,overwrought reactions from the *very* odd pack here,who've put their OWN spin on things),this was an ENTIRELY ,100% ,completely ****SERIOUS**** question!

You promote,encourage,reward bad manners???? Fascinating.

Kindly give any other possible excuse for all this hysteria?

just you kate ,not your comments or views,they are welcome,just you and your snotty stuck up attitude,that at this moment in time is my issue ,having what was a friendly open site dragged down to a level of personal sniping,which i believe was of your making and as for failing,i cotinue to succeed in showing you for what you are.

That mutt is ****NOT**** AKC recognized!!!! Nor is or will be the "cockapoo,labradoodle,morky" or any other of the mutt/mongrels w/lying "cutsie-poo" labels,stuck on em by crooks just peddle their mongrel crap to the lazy,ignorant ,fad-following-fools.

"Where would we be w/out mongrels...?" how about NOT keep-deep in useless junk!

Yes,animals ARE property,though the ARs are trying to whittle that concept away by referring to"guardians"-not OWNERS-& using the "adoption" lie.

:clapper: What a peach!! Lurchers ARE mongrels. Just like the Labradoodle! I think you will find most folks mongrels on here are far from useless. Bred to do a job. Dogs breeding was originally 'altered' to allow them to do a specific job. And very few could now do that job they were bred for. Even the pure breeds - from whippies to cockers. The difference between working dogs and show dogs is huge. Working cocker types would be laughed out of a show ring, just as show cockers would never make the grade out in the field.

Am becoming more interested in what you breed? These dogs you have produced since '71, where are they all now?

And the adoption is not a lie - it is the protection of the dog for the rest of its living days. Well it is here in the UK :victory: If OWNERS had taken the responsibility for their dog in the first place, then rescues would be nill and void.

Im sure the members of this board will appreciate being referred to as "lazy,ignorant ,fad-following-fools"

Duh, "WEELY? Dey IS?"...the ONLY made on-purpose ,FOR a purpose....mongrels there are or should be. Though I've often wondered why nobody bothered to put forth the time,effort & dedication to make such a type breed-true. Could it be-gasp!-that NOT everybody wants the same thing???? Horrors....daring to be different,eh? The herd doesn't like that,you know.

EVERYTHING else is made by irresponsible boobs who are incapable of proper management or by outright crooks pure & simply to scam the gullible morons into thinking...er,imagining is more precise...that they've bought a miraculous new/improved "hybrid/designer-dog" breed,when all they've got is screwed into actually PAYING for a mutt!

Labradoodles are a high-priced(though not as much as they were & are being dumped too in large numbers when the buyers found out they were scammed) useless mutt. Nothing more. The nitwit who started such an atrosity ADMITTED it & STOPPED! Just the jump-on-the-bandwagon crooks continued.

Guess you never seen a quality Border work? Or a mini dachs.? A Cairn? Or a show-bred whippet take a fox solo? Or a Ch. & obedience & agility & edog & tracking titled Smooth Fox ditto? Hhhhmmmmmm,you've missed out.

I object strongly to the word "mongrel" to describe lurchers the bloodlines of my dogs are for want of a better word "purer" than the majority of so called pedigrees. Using two types of working dogs that have been relatively unchanged or diluted(Greyhound / Border/Beardie collie) by show crazed breeders who are after all only in it for the money. God forbid the Kennel Club ever recognises Lurchers as a breed

But crossbreed/mongrel they are - no matter how finely tuned the breeding. Im sure lovely Mr Hancock with his Hip Dysplasia suffering crosses could say the same. Thats not to infer your dogs are or will go the same way. More and more of his dogs are appearing in rescues now.

I too, am glad the KC never recognised the lurcher breed. At least at present we can generally refer to them as lurchers. We would just be using another name for our longdog crosses and bull crosses (which dont technically fall into the category of lurchers at all) Where would we be if we couldnt pick the better charectoristics from certain breeds to perform the task at hand? You mention 3 different recognised breeds in your post. How many does it take to make a mongrel?

A rose by any other name.......... :whistling:

:kiss:

So,if you don't get any pleasure/positive reinforcement...you enjoy pain? Hhhmmmmmmmmmm,tell me more. I can't think of any sane animal -whatever species-that doesn't *stop* a behavior* when it only & continuously produces a negative result.

You just keep setting yourself up to fail over & over....displaying your ...wait a moment....AHA!!! a mere attention-seeking device! Have we reached your major psychological issue now? :search:

Sitting back,calmly watching you work yourself into a froth,over nothing...for the ...how many times is it now?

sigh

Do,please,seek professional help for your apparent obsession?

HAHA!! Fab! Now bring Operant conditioning into it :clapper: I think you would do better with some Classic conditioning really. Lets sit you in a chair and every time you are rude we can administer electrical charges, and we can see how long it takes you to see you are rude. Mind you - you are a self confessed test case - you are still being continually rude!! Yet I cant think of any species that doesn't stop a behavior when it continually produces a negative result :thumbdown: Now where have I heard that before :kiss:

Folks!! Roll up and witness the dawning of a new species. I would officially like to name it KTT *abbrev. (Kate The Trout)

:kiss:
So,if you don't get any pleasure/positive reinforcement...you enjoy pain? Hhhmmmmmmmmmm,tell me more. I can't think of any sane animal -whatever species-that doesn't *stop* a behavior* when it only & continuously produces a negative result.

You just keep setting yourself up to fail over & over....displaying your ...wait a moment....AHA!!! a mere attention-seeking device! Have we reached your major psychological issue now? :search:

Sitting back,calmly watching you work yourself into a froth,over nothing...for the ...how many times is it now?

sigh

Do,please,seek professional help for your apparent obsession?

HAHA!! Fab! Now bring Operant conditioning into it :clapper: I think you would do better with some Classic conditioning really. Lets sit you in a chair and every time you are rude we can administer electrical charges, and we can see how long it takes you to see you are rude. Mind you - you are a self confessed test case - you are still being continually rude!! Yet I cant think of any species that doesn't stop a behavior when it continually produces a negative result :thumbdown: Now where have I heard that before :kiss:

Folks!! Roll up and witness the dawning of a new species. I would officially like to name it KTT *abbrev. (Kate The Trout)

:notworthy::notworthy: pmsl mate :clapper: