Hi Guys been a while since I have posted anything, I've been busy building this, I figured you might be interested to see what you can do with a large CNC workshop, the barrel is a 28 inch heavy varminter from Walther, and everything but the barrel and the trigger I made, if everything goes ok with the proofing, I will try it for a bit then switch the barrel to a medium weight 260 rem and it will be my new varmint gun for when i go to Russia, weight is currently 14lbs and I haven't made the hinge for the folding stock yet, but with a normal 26 inch varmint barrel it will be around 10 to 10.5 lbs, and Im wondering about using a carbon wrapped barrel which will bring it down to around 8 to 8.5 lbs, colour will be black anodizing with a powder coat over the lot, I figure a desert camo, that way i can spray it white for winter and a green for summer use, remember its unfinished, but not by much, and no it wont have the junk scope on it.post-44882-0-03655400-1309638227_thumb.jpg

thank god i do not have your skills or a cnc shop as it would bankrupt me and probably end my marrige.i would be tinkering all day long.looks great pal.

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not strictly a firearm but it the latest addition to my FAC rated guns.   Daystate Air ranger .22 running at 30 ft lbs fitted with a MTC viper 4-14x50 and a Weirauch silencer. This is what I boug

All Brownings, ABIII in .308 win, T-bolts in .22LR and .17HMR.

My new .222 set up Tikka T3 action and barrel roedale precision stock  nightforce 3x12x56 scope ace ultra mod 

Posted Images

Hi Guys been a while since I have posted anything, I've been busy building this, I figured you might be interested to see what you can do with a large CNC workshop, the barrel is a 28 inch heavy varminter from Walther, and everything but the barrel and the trigger I made, if everything goes ok with the proofing, I will try it for a bit then switch the barrel to a medium weight 260 rem and it will be my new varmint gun for when i go to Russia, weight is currently 14lbs and I haven't made the hinge for the folding stock yet, but with a normal 26 inch varmint barrel it will be around 10 to 10.5 lbs, and Im wondering about using a carbon wrapped barrel which will bring it down to around 8 to 8.5 lbs, colour will be black anodizing with a powder coat over the lot, I figure a desert camo, that way i can spray it white for winter and a green for summer use, remember its unfinished, but not by much, and no it wont have the junk scope on it.post-44882-0-03655400-1309638227_thumb.jpg

thank god i do not have your skills or a cnc shop as it would bankrupt me and probably end my marrige.i would be tinkering all day long.looks great pal.

Thanks mate, taken a year of in between existing jobs, but just about made it, Im dying to try the 1.5 mm firing pin throw, already under pressure to make them and got a country interested in a lot of them, and I haven't even fired it yet, as they say no rest for the wicked,

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Remington 700 ADL , leupold vari x-lll with sun shade and flip ups, and wildcat moderator, had this rifle 2 years and it's been great, if I was to urgarde in the future,what sort of money would should I be asking for it ???? Not had thousands of rounds through it prob alobd5d1c56.jpgt less than average for a rifle of this age as I know it's previous owner atb

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

'Fraid i don't have any real guns, only airguns as i don't have an FAC/shottie licence sad.gif

Here's my collection of airguns, there are a few more that i've bought since the pic was taken and a few that are stripped for work doing..

I won't list them unless someone insists :cry:

allrifles2.jpg

allrifles3.jpg

I have a small collection of Webley/BSA air pistols too but i don't think anyone would be interested in those..

Cheers, John biggrin.gif

Fk me! You could start a war with all that

• 1 month later...

At one time or another I have enjoyed:

Ruger 10/22 .22

Ruger M77 Mk II 25-06

Fox 12 ga SxS

Franchi 12 ga autoloader

CZ 452 American .22

Thompson/Center .50 Hawken

Savage 12 ga single

Ruger M77 Mk II 7x57

K98 Mauser 8x57JS

Snider Enfield .577

Martini Enfield .450

Marlin 1894S .44 Mag

IGA 12 ga Coach Gun SxS

Ruger Blackhawk .357 Mag

S&W M-19 .357 Mag

Tanfoglio Witness .40 S&W

I had to sell them before going overseas.

Sigh.

• 1 month later...

Have the following

Theoben FAC S Type 52 foot lbs MTC Viper 6-24 x 56

Anschutz 1415 .22 rim S & B 8 x 56

Tikka M595 .17 Rem. NXS Nightorce 5.5 - 22 x 56 P8 Mod

Blaser R93 Luxus 22.250 Varmint barrel NXS Nightforce 12-42 x 56 P8 Mod

Blaser R93 Off Road 6.5 x 55 Swarovski 6-24 x 50 P8 Mod

This year swapped in my spare Rem 700 in 22.250 and had a new Lother Walther barrel in 20 TAC fitted including new bolt and custom stock. Weighs a tonne but is used as a truck bonnet gun for fox and corvids.

DSCF0916.jpg

DSCF0921.jpg

• Like 4
  • IanB unpinned this topic