as much as i love fox hunting sniping magpies and crows has to be my favorite passtime shooting wise, here's my cz-usa varmint kevlar 1in9 twist .223 millet mounts with a simmons whitetail 3.5x10x50 great scope for the money methinks... :thumbs:

post-51952-036567300 1278678896_thumb.jpg

Edited by gary.l

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not strictly a firearm but it the latest addition to my FAC rated guns.   Daystate Air ranger .22 running at 30 ft lbs fitted with a MTC viper 4-14x50 and a Weirauch silencer. This is what I boug

All Brownings, ABIII in .308 win, T-bolts in .22LR and .17HMR.

My new .222 set up Tikka T3 action and barrel roedale precision stock  nightforce 3x12x56 scope ace ultra mod 

Posted Images

here is my newest rifle its a cam in .223 with a fluted heavy 1 in 8 barrel a t4ar mod and a falcon menace scope

DSC00201.jpg

aah bugger me another CAM, gotta say the only other place I've ever seen one is in sporting shooter mag with Robert Bucknell..... are they still available?

Cheers

DB

here is my newest rifle its a cam in .223 with a fluted heavy 1 in 8 barrel a t4ar mod and a falcon menace scope

DSC00201.jpg

aah bugger me another CAM, gotta say the only other place I've ever seen one is in sporting shooter mag with Robert Bucknell..... are they still available?

Cheers

DB

not sure of the current availability but this one isnt very old at all, they must be quite an exclusive club the serial number on mine is only 82

• 5 weeks later...

well heare she is cz 527 .223 its been shortend re chamberd re crowned had a trigger fiddle wildcat t8 harris bi-pod optic 6-24-50 mill dot ir scope. uncle mikes sling and ammo holder on stock and it can shoot!

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm111/headshotsonly/Picture002.jpg

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm111/headshotsonly/Picture001.jpg

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm111/headshotsonly/Picture003.jpg

what do you recon?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Well, after a succesful shopping expedition yesterday I thought I'd put a few pics up on here.

I've had to equip on a budget, so I don't have all the newest rifles or accessories, but my kit is good quality and above all, I rarely miss what I'm aiming at, and when I do it's ME that's at fault, not the kit!

So here we go, here's my collection to date.

ab266e37.jpg

From right to left...

.22 le gamo air rifle. Was given her today and she's in pretty poor condition, a nice winter restoration project. She has a sticker saying "A.S.I Rangemaster Micro Accuracy" on the top of the action, still to work out exactly which GAMO model she is.

.22 Theoben Scirocco classic. Not much to say about her except she shoots very nicely and is tuned to 11.5 ft.lb. Scope is a very old IR model, a Lambert mk VIII electro point 4x40 wide angle.

.22 Axsor Gemini 2 shot PCP. One of the first PCP's to hit the market, and a sweet little shooter. The stock is custom, and was on her when I bought her. Scope is a Hawke Sport HD 3-9X40 mil dot.

.22LR Voere semi auto with Parker Hale moderator. Scope is a Hawke Sport HD 3-9X50 MIL DOT IR, choice of red or green illumination. My main pest control tool these days.

Next is my London Gun Company single barrel 12 bore. A great gun for the foxes and crows, light and easy to carry, and at £30 I don't mind if she takes the odd knock or two!

Finally, on the far left, is my newest acquisition. Parker Hale .243, not sure on the model. She's a few years old (some time mid 80's we think) but has had very few rounds through her. The scope is a "Model 10 Original 4X32 fixed reticule." I have no idea who made this scope, and it's the first thing that will be replaced when I get some money together.

So, there we have it, my collection of long guns. I've not put the air pistols and stringed weapons up, maybe another day!

• 2 weeks later...

The New Family Portrait..................IMG_8244.jpgFrom the top down

Sauer .243 Classic Synthetic, Zeiss Diavari FFP 30mm 2.5-10 X

50mm PES Mod,

CZ 452 Style .22lr, Leupold 30mm European 3-9 x 50mm

CZ 527 American .22 Hornet with Nikko Diamond 30mm 4-12x56mm...and nice HANDMADE LEATHER sling :whistling: Should take me nicely in to the next decade........The changes represent my first new gun in years, and the first time I have spent proper money on glass...and I like it thumbs.gif

I don't change or buy equipment very often...but I feel the addition of a Hornet to the line up is a change to make the shooting I do more enjoyable and financially sustainable...

The only other planned change I would like to make, is to swap the PES for Lighter moderator, and looked at couple in R. Mcleod's Yesterday....just need to find another £230 quidhmm.gif

Hawke Nite eye for sale 4-12x50 IR AO SR6 angel.gif

Forgot to mention.............

Scrapped the Sauer in may and bought a Sako 85... Just forgot to update the family pics..

Oh.and sold the Zeiss and bought a Burris.....

IMG_8513.jpg

New additions:

M96 Swedish mauser (1912) in 6.5x55.

IMG_9111.jpg

Remington 700 Special Varmint in .308 topped with Leuopold 4-12x40.

IMG_9119.jpg

Headed to South Texas with both rifles next weekend to a private ranch for a chance at a whitetail buck and doe.

Cheers,

Mark

I've had a bit of a change round and chopped in the .222 for this...

IMGP3034.jpg

Remington 700 VSSF in .223 flavour. 26" stainless fluted varmint barrel, HS precision varmint stock, topped off with a Leupold 6.5-20x44 scope and ASE Northstar mod.

IMGP3035.jpg

Load development starts in earnest tomorrow :gunsmilie:

Update... a few pop shots to get a starter for load development reveals some promise, 0.16" 3 shots @100yds

22350grnV-MaxRL-7jpg.jpg

Edited by Treacle Trackpad
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • IanB unpinned this topic