Moles UK Directory

Hi Guys

I understand if this post is removed, I hope not as I will be willing to promote The Hunting Life on the Moles UK website.

If you control moles by legal methods are professional and are doing it full time or part time then i hope you will join.

Here we go, one off payment of £55 then membership renewal of £10 per year, your membership year runs from the date you sign up. We decided that once the site templates were set up why charge members for it again. The £10 a year will pay for advertising.

Moles UK type YO18 7AJ into the postal search box, then try your own.

Email address is on first page if you want to become a member, please spread the word.

Thank you

Regards

Steve

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mail sent. Good idea :clapper:

When you think what you would pay yell.com etc £55 is nothing.

Spike

Hi Guys

Thanks for the interest. £55 is a one of payment and take a look what you get. They is also a members forum protected and a members password protected page opening shortly, offering discounts etc. Talking to insurance company about any member joining automatically gets public liabilty, this is taking some working out. They is lots of things going on and we are just starting out but we know business and marketing, all this advice will be for free, how to do Contracts, pricing etc etc.

We have had 17 definites since I first posted and I expect more as time goes on, we what a professional directory that ensures the customer can find a competant mole catcher.

The database is huge and all UK councils, garden centres, estate agents, vets ( I get a lot of agricultrial work via these ) etc can suck off the database, they no need to look elsewhere. No need for ID cards the customer sees your face on your advert, you get a online page to add extra photos etc. A mini website in effect. Free use of logo for members, the list grows.

I not twisting anyones arm just trying to offer the UK public a one stop shop.

Trappa I to am snowed under, be nice to have a man of your calibre ob board in the future.

Hop this answers all questions, talking to the Small Business Association this week as well as the banks see what is on offer for MUK members.

Bear with us if you have contacted us, we are knackered the database took some setting up, we will email you tomorrow.

"Wheres there's MUK there's Moles"

PS; I don't want to mislead so you get 6 postal code areas for your £55 additional ones are 0.90p each, we will show the hot spots, ( marketing done for you ) so you may just be on the border of one postal code, but they may be 20 enquires from there so you know customers are waiting for 0.90p

You can also use your mini website page for local business advertising, garden centres, vets etc. You charge 5 business £10 each thats your membership paid for, the money is yours.

If your on holiday we will pick up your email enquires if you buy a anyname@molesuk.co.uk email address, (POA) and try to secure the job for your return. A professional email address works better for you, but no obligation, we can not offer this service for your normal email address.

Hope this helps

If you contact us everything we offer will be in the email reply.

Thanks to the owners and mods of this forum for not deleting this post, I have took enough space on this now, all dealing will be via email.

I will donate to this forum if someone tells me how.

Thanks all. I'll still be posting in here, its a great forum.

Saves me emailing everyone

Forward thinking so both modern ( except burrowblaster and family) and traditional methods of control are acceptable, as long as it is carried out in a legal way.

Membership of the Moles UK Directory ( MUK )

Code of practise

1 To respect moles at all times

2 Carryout any form of mole management in accordance to the code of practice

3 No work to be carried out without a valid and current public liability insurance ( discussing membership cover with broker, I have £5000000 but £1000000 should suffice for most of you, I can get this at a very good price for you )

4 Only traps that are UK approved will be used

5 All traps will be inspected for capture every 24 hours

6 Any live caught mole will be immediately and humanely despatched upon discovery

7 All traps used will be inspected for damage and correct operation prior to use

8 Talunex to be used in accordance to the law

9 Respect the customer and their premises at all times

10 Be professional at all times

The above can be added to or altered at anytime and the members informed.

Membership Benefits

National Directory

Online presence ( 1 page website )

Free Marketing finds the hot postal addresses

UK advertising - on and offline ( Online Directories, Farmers weekly, Garden World, Parks and Amenities etc )

Database for Councils, Garden centres. Caravan Sites, Vets etc to suck off

Discounts for members from sponsors

Business and marketing advice

6 free postal codes

Email pick up for members on holiday ( @molesuk.co.uk address only )

Members only Forum

Marketing local business on your web page ( helps pay your membership )

Free templates, customer introduction letter, contracts etc

Use of the MUK logo

Cost of Joining MUK

Subscription runs 12 months from the date you join

One off payment of £55 ( first year ) then £10 per annum

Additional postal codes 0.90p

-----------@molesuk email address £7.50 ( your private use, your password protected, can be accessed by yourself from anywhere in the world )

To test and see what the customer sees on the MUK Directory website type YO18 7AJ into the search boxes.

Contact admin@molesuk.co.uk if you wish to make application to join. Please put Membership in email title bar.

Look forward to welcoming you on board.

Thanks for the interest shown.

Regards

Steve

www.molesuk.co.uk

"Where’s there’s MUK there’s Moles"

Steve, the more i read it, the better it sounds. Will give it some thought.

Ps, where you on a strychnine course near wetherby about 6 years ago? I know your face .

26 years ago maybe, I look good for a old git.

Glad your giving it some thought, I want all to do the same no arm twisting from me, it has to be your desicion.

Would be good to have a real voice when the threat of a mole trapping ban kicks in, ( research going on now, will take about 3 years ) the more informed, prepared and together we all are the better.

I would like the directory to be also a help to those who are turning down large jobs cause of lack of knowledge or feel they can not handle it, think of it as a co op, they can turn to thier neighbouring moler and share the work hence no job needs to be turned down. Lets set the self regulating standards, all with discussion and agreeabilty, take a pride in what we do, we are very important as land management agents.

I'm hoping the Moles UK will become a voice, I have done it with other associations so I know it can be done.

If you come on board or not Trappa, be good to keep in touch, like I say men of your calibre are needed. You have a part to play.

Just to clear up the membership costs.

£55 for year one. + 0.90p for post codes after your free 6 ones + £7.50 for a ............@molesuk.co.uk email address

If you don't want additional stuff then its just £55

£10 only each year there after. + 0.90p for post codes after your free 6 ones + £7.50 for a ............@molesuk.co.uk email address

We felt why keep charging members for something that needs only be set up once for each individual, ( your page and details and putting in your post codes )

Just to clear up the membership costs.

£55 for year one. + 0.90p for post codes after your free 6 ones + £7.50 for a ............@molesuk.co.uk email address

If you don't want additional stuff then its just £55

£10 only each year there after. + 0.90p for post codes after your free 6 ones + £7.50 for a ............@molesuk.co.uk email address

We felt why keep charging members for something that needs only be set up once for each individual, ( your page and details and putting in your post codes )

email on its way mate like some details too, is it only 1 person per postcode area ?

info@generalpestcontrol.co.uk

Bry

Edited by BRY
British traditional mole catchers association already started one of these months and months ago, why another one other than to make money ?.

Fair comment, I came out of the BTMR it does not allow members to use Talunex, and is a amatuer association. As for making money, that will come from sponsors, the membership will pay for each members space on the database, these things cost money in the real world, but we don't work for nothing. I not twisting anyones arm to join. To me £55 then £10 per year there after is a good deal.

Moles UK is now a member of the Federation of Small Business the details will be on the front page shortly, Moles UK will be coming part of a UK Directory I now have access to over 117000+ potential customers.

email on its way mate like some details too, is it only 1 person per postcode area ?

info@generalpestcontrol.co.uk

Bry

Bry, the postcodes are open to anyone and yes it may turn out your the only one in the directory in your own postcode area, the web page you get in the membership deal is the place to sell yourself, who gets the job is the choice of the customers, work is not gaurenteed. We will advice how to market your services if members need it. Not received your email Bry?

I repeat the desicion to join is yours, Moles UK wants members but we arn't out to decieve anyone or offer empty promises, we are registered with the FSB so can be held accountable for our actions.