fox control or not ?

Guest friedrice

Guest friedrice

maybe its just me, but every where i go near my place, the dogs keep finding shot foxes.

all shot with rifles by the looks of it.

no fox problems at all near here, and that i know, as all the local farmers are friends of mine and im the first to know of any problem

and at this time of year more so.

it looks to me as if fox control have gone well past the control bit. with moreboys into rifles thesedays the ever. but what upsets me most is the men

who drive the remote roads with guns , shoot any fox they see without any permission at all.

look at some of the articles in the shooting mags ,and fox are the number one target at the mo. in no way am i against fox shooting,but shoot for

a reason ,and not how many you can get ,more than your mates.

another thing i found is most of the shooters have or had fox dogs, couldent been very good at it by the looks of things as most shot before the ban

and at the time when they had dogs.

a game for wankers without a dought :yes:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe its just me, but every where i go near my place, the dogs keep finding shot foxes.

all shot with rifles by the looks of it.

no fox problems at all near here, and that i know, as all the local farmers are friends of mine and im the first to know of any problem

and at this time of year more so.

it looks to me as if fox control have gone well past the control bit. with moreboys into rifles thesedays the ever. but what upsets me most is the men

who drive the remote roads with guns , shoot any fox they see without any permission at all.

look at some of the articles in the shooting mags ,and fox are the number one target at the mo. in no way am i against fox shooting,but shoot for

a reason ,and not how many you can get ,more than your mates.

another thing i found is most of the shooters have or had fox dogs, couldent been very good at it by the looks of things as most shot before the ban

and at the time when they had dogs.

a game for wankers without a dought :yes:

Without a doubt, you are talking bollocks.

I have to agree it is happening here too,

about a month ago i went for a walk around at night for a few bunnies with the .410. the part of the shoot i was on borders common land which has a road on it, this road is around 50 yrds from the boundary of my shoot, i saw a pair of headlights coming down the road, thought nothing of it , when it stopped flashed a lamp across the common first then my ground spotted a fox which was around 200 yrds in front of me, which i couldnt see at the time, and someone fired and killed it, i was just scared shitless by now, thinking they will be after the bunnies next which were a lot closer to me,

I let off a shot from the .410 to let them know someone was there, and they screeched off, i was as white as a sheet.

So ratman it does happen unfortunately.

ss06

we have that problem up here in north yorkshire where there shooting foxses from roads without permission, ive had so many farmers moaning at me that i actually go and shy them to the lamp so now they dont get anywhere near them. i even had them on game estates where the keepers dont even shoot them.

Guest Ditch_Shitter

SportingShooter; I've been there, mate. Is there Anything more f*cking scary than having that beam coming across ye ground, knowing there's god knows who, with a high powered rifle, behind it?! :icon_eek:

If so, I Don't want to experience That level of scared! :no:

I too whole heartedly agree with the gist of 'Rices sentiments: Shoot them, by all means. But do so on ye own ground and for a reason - if only bounty hunting. Otherwise, what is it but plain and simple blood lust? What will they turn their 'scopes on when the foxes are all gone?

Have to agree with Ferretman. I've been lit up like a christmas tree up here in N.Yorks. I'm one of these people who shoots on foot & doesn't drive round the fields (lazy gits).

Just a bit unnerving when you here the shot................... then wonder where the hit is.

I tend to agree on this one. I know of one fella who takes 300 - 400 a year! I think when you get to that level, it stops being pest control. There's nothing wrong with enjoying something that has to be done, but at what level do you stop? The name of the game is control, not eradication.

SportingShooter; I've been there, mate. Is there Anything more f*cking scary than having that beam coming across ye ground, knowing there's god knows who, with a high powered rifle, behind it?! :icon_eek:

If so, I Don't want to experience That level of scared! :no:

I too whole heartedly agree with the gist of 'Rices sentiments: Shoot them, by all means. But do so on ye own ground and for a reason - if only bounty hunting. Otherwise, what is it but plain and simple blood lust? What will they turn their 'scopes on when the foxes are all gone?

I dont think scared is the word Ditch, i saw the headlights but as its a road at night tohught nowt of it, when they stopped all i thought was 'what are they up to' then i saw them lamp the common and then my field and then a shot. i jumped 40ft in the air. im glad i had a shotgun in one way as i could warn them i was there, they were making such a racket afterwards that they wouldnt have heard me shouting.

I wouldnt want to do it to anyone else, so they shouldnt to me, some people just do have a blood lust.

thanks

ss06

The first thing to do in those situations is to put your lamp on and shine it at them to let them know you are there, if you are out and do not have a lamp DO NOT LOOK AT THEIR LIGHT, sounds obvious, but to all the youngsters and inexperienced on here you may find you are drawn to it like moths to a flame, I repeat DON'T LOOK AT THEIR LIGHT, turn your back and slowly walk away, get behind a tree, in a ditch, anything till they have gone, but don't look at them!

The first thing to do in those situations is to put your lamp on and shine it at them to let them know you are there, if you are out and do not have a lamp DO NOT LOOK AT THEIR LIGHT, sounds obvious, but to all the youngsters and inexperienced on here you may find you are drawn to it like moths to a flame, I repeat DON'T LOOK AT THEIR LIGHT, turn your back and slowly walk away, get behind a tree, in a ditch, anything till they have gone, but don't look at them!

bit daft but why not look at them?

do you meen so they don't know you are there and come after you so to speak?

iv been out with lads that if they see a fox and can call it in it gets shot..i prefer to shoot them if theyve done somthing wrong..ie taking chickens lambs etc...i have a centre fire and if i want to test my skills i much prefer doin very long range rabbit shots.....does seem alot of people have gone fox crazy these days...to be honest fox shooting is easy!! there fairly big as targets go....alot of my ground gets poached by people shooting off the road..havnt had a lamp put on myself while out yet but im sure it will happen some day....a few years ago a father shot his own son with a high power rifle..son had gone to do some other ground and while walking back up the field the father lamped him saw eye shine and took the shot...with obvious results.......im shocked more people dont get hert in the field...if you think about it,as long as your fit and propper you can have a rifle without training buy your rifle and off you go hunting..the amount of people i have met with dangerous habbits is shocking...

iv been out with lads that if they see a fox and can call it in it gets shot..i prefer to shoot them if theyve done somthing wrong..ie taking chickens lambs etc...i have a centre fire and if i want to test my skills i much prefer doin very long range rabbit shots.....does seem alot of people have gone fox crazy these days...to be honest fox shooting is easy!! there fairly big as targets go....alot of my ground gets poached by people shooting off the road..havnt had a lamp put on myself while out yet but im sure it will happen some day....a few years ago a father shot his own son with a high power rifle..son had gone to do some other ground and while walking back up the field the father lamped him saw eye shine and took the shot...with obvious results.......im shocked more people dont get hert in the field...if you think about it,as long as your fit and propper you can have a rifle without training buy your rifle and off you go hunting..the amount of people i have met with dangerous habbits is shocking...

i should not have to say this as we all know you should not pull the trigger unless your shore of what your going to shoot

and that the background is safe.eyes in a lamp beam is not classed as safe.i know you can tell fox eyes from most

other animals in the beam of a lamp.but you must be shore.